shape
carat
color
clarity

Haven''t got the stone yet (shame on me) but guess what I''m looking at?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
settings! thats right kiddies, the cart is so before the horse on this one LOL but considering I need a bit of distraction a girl can dream, yes?

Being the tsavorite is oval I''m looking at the cleanest setting I can get away with that still has that sprinkle of diamonds but get a bit of size. I''m working within a budget here so I''ve got to to keep it cheap and not blow my wad.

I worked a little photoshop magic and came up with the attached pic.

the stone size (for me at least) dosen''t warrant total custom. I want a bigger tsav some day which will be in the 2-3 ct range. but now is just not the time.

Your opinions, constructive critics, and suggestions are always appreciated! Plus, if y''all can find me a nice but cheap setting (this one is in the 200 dollar range) even better!

I probably have like 7 or so days to go until the actual stone gets here...lol

-A

possibleringforarc.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like it Arcadian. Your photoshopping skills are brilliant! I know who to come to if I need help lol!

A tiny suggestion if you don''t mind? I can''t tell you how many times I''ve done this AND have even bought the setting
38.gif
The problem is that on occasion I haven''t like the stone when it''s arrived and then I''ve been left with a setting. I know you''re only thinking through choices but just wanted to mention it!

BTW I can''t wait to see your Tsav. Hopefully mine will arrive tomorrow but the UPS tracking is doing something really strange at the moment so it''s a bit of a guess as to where the package is
7.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 3:42:20 PM
Author:Arcadian
settings! thats right kiddies, the cart is so before the horse on this one LOL but considering I need a bit of distraction a girl can dream, yes?

Being the tsavorite is oval I''m looking at the cleanest setting I can get away with that still has that sprinkle of diamonds but get a bit of size. I''m working within a budget here so I''ve got to to keep it cheap and not blow my wad.

I worked a little photoshop magic and came up with the attached pic.

the stone size (for me at least) dosen''t warrant total custom. I want a bigger tsav some day which will be in the 2-3 ct range. but now is just not the time.

Your opinions, constructive critics, and suggestions are always appreciated! Plus, if y''all can find me a nice but cheap setting (this one is in the 200 dollar range) even better!

I probably have like 7 or so days to go until the actual stone gets here...lol

-A
Isn''t it funny when we start shopping for settings even before we get the stone?? I was browsing oval settings from LOGR last night, and nothing really caught my eye under $399 in oval settings. Other shapes yes, but the oval settings in the lower pricing just didn''t do it for me. I''m going to look at his round settings too, so that maybe I can customize one for an oval. There''s one oval setting I adore, but it''s $700!!

Do you want it to be a halo? I like the baguette setting and it''s very inexpensive and dainty.

exturkconner

Rough_Rock
http://cgi.ebay.com/18CT-D-VS-OVAL-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-ENGAGEMENT-RING_W0QQitemZ250550916127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item3a55ff941f

Having this modified to an oval might not be so bad?
I''ve dealt with this company before and had pretty solid luck with them. If you look at my ering thread and my couple images thread that setting is one of theres.

They also give an appraised for value in the listing. The setting I ordered actually appraised for more than there value with a respectable local appraiser.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/11/2010 4:59:44 PM
Author: exturkconner
http://cgi.ebay.com/18CT-D-VS-OVAL-DIAMOND-SEMI-MOUNT-ENGAGEMENT-RING_W0QQitemZ250550916127QQcmdZViewItemQQptZDiamond_Solitaire_with_Accents?hash=item3a55ff941f

I''ve dealt with this company before and had pretty solid luck with them. If you look at my ering thread and my couple images thread that setting is one of theres.

They also give an appraised for value in the listing. The setting I ordered actually appraised for more than there value with a respectable local appraiser.

If the diamonds are of the quality and color that they state, they are very close to collection diamonds.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD, thats what happened to the LAST oval setting (which languished for a year)
38.gif
I promise to wait, though gut is telling me I won''t be disappointed colorwise. My package is also not showing up at UPS either but I think another day may be in order for that. Eric did say 2 days and it IS UPS after all. I love my UPS guy though I personally think the suck as a company.

TL, I looked at one setting that was over 1K (ok so it had 1ct diamonds but still...) Sure was pretty, but because i''m actually TRYING to be sensible
20.gif
and not blow a big gapping hole though this years budget (laughable...lol) so I''m looking lower. I think I''d have to upgrade the setting diamonds at least, but that could also be ok. (lucky for me, not many there!) The other setting I looked at was a swirl setting.

The next stone and setting is going to be astronomical. Even though I''ve seen some nice purple spinel, I''m going with Jackson Crossing Ammy because it would match my purple nail polish after all
9.gif

exturk, Imma have to check them out!
36.gif
For the stone size, shape and color, part of me really wants to go with something that has the band coverage but still look feminine and delicate. My other favorite is american set whom can be a bit pricey(but soooo pretty
30.gif
) They look very promising though! thank you for passing them along to me!

-A

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
Arcadian, I really like the one you photoshoped!!!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/11/2010 5:54:10 PM
Author: crasru

If the diamonds are of the quality and color that they state, they are very close to collection diamonds.
In his feedback, there are a lot of complaints about the quality of the diamonds in these rings. After checking this seller''s feedback in toolhaus.org, I would stay away. Not only are there a lot of quality complaints, but the seller also comes across quite badly and there are tons of withdrawn feedbacks, which, to me, is always a bad sign.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
Arcadian, wow! that''s a very nice green. The color is so alive and neat. Can''t wait to see the RL pics once you got it
1.gif

Largosmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really like the setting..is it an LOGR or something else?

Laura

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it. Great color stone too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice photoshop work. I hope the tsav is a keeper so you can get this setting. BTW, can you remind me of the measurement of your new stone? I''m looking to set a 5x7 mm oval and need something with some "oomph" too, yet inexpensive.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono, the stone is 7.7 x 6.2 and the setting is a 8X6. I think that given the size it would work out ok. Sizewise on the diamonds, we're only talking .16ct so not a bunch. They're full cut and thats making me not want to bother with an upgrade. But still, even if I do, it will be within my budget. The BIN price a smidge under 200.

He's got a few designs that I seeing if they work. But if I had more of a budget for the setting I'd be looking at American Set as I like their offerings. Deia Deia set one of hers in an AS solitare setting and it was amazing.

Thanks marcy.

Thanks Blithesome. I keep staring at the pic and looking at the UPS website
emclock.gif
. I'm so hopeless.
38.gif

Largosmom, its an LOGR. Its one of the few I found that is not only E/W but also has a the tiniest bit of bling with a decent airline. The triple band also gives some illusion of thickness without being a thick ring. It would still allow that stone to take center stage but not totally fade into the background either.

THIS is a stone that can go E/W with along with the setting. I still have the fear it might make my fingers look stubby though
39.gif

There's a few others that I'm considering (photoshopping) and loving or not loving, but that one I posted I liked right away.

I've got a few left in the stack
2.gif

-A

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
I like the setting, the Tsav should be gorgeous!

exturkconner

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/11/2010 6:58:03 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

I've dealt with this company before and had pretty solid luck with them. If you look at my ering thread and my couple images thread that setting is one of theres.

In his feedback, there are a lot of complaints about the quality of the diamonds in these rings. After checking this seller's feedback in toolhaus.org, I would stay away. Not only are there a lot of quality complaints, but the seller also comes across quite badly and there are tons of withdrawn feedbacks, which, to me, is always a bad sign.
Are you looking at the correct feedback page? 99.8% is what I see 2 negatives in the last year,and 4 nuetral and I believe 2 of the nuetral's are shipping related? I don't know am I looking at the wrong page?

Editing for my ignorance or sloppy reading. Didn't notice the mention of toolhaus.org. Not going to remove the previous part I'll take my lumps for being a goon.

Like I said I did pretty well. The setting the sold me at $379 they gave an appraised value of $1250. I took this as a jewlers appreaiser one of those over priced deals so they can over charge an insurance company replacing..but brought it to my local jewler and his appraisal was actually $1600.00.

Mind you I'm not pretending to be an authority on things just saying I did well with them. I might have just gotten lucky.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 1/12/2010 4:48:50 AM

Date: 1/11/2010 6:58:03 PM
Author: Lady_Disdain

In his feedback, there are a lot of complaints about the quality of the diamonds in these rings. After checking this seller''s feedback in toolhaus.org, I would stay away. Not only are there a lot of quality complaints, but the seller also comes across quite badly and there are tons of withdrawn feedbacks, which, to me, is always a bad sign.
Are you looking at the correct feedback page? 99.8% is what I see 2 negatives in the last year,and 4 nuetral and I believe 2 of the nuetral''s are shipping related? I don''t know am I looking at the wrong page?

Like I said I did pretty well. The setting the sold me at $379 they gave an appraised value of $1250. I took this as a jewlers appreaiser one of those over priced deals so they can over charge an insurance company replacing..but brought it to my local jewler and his appraisal was actually $1600.00.

Mind you I''m not pretending to be an authority on things just saying I did well with them. I might have just gotten lucky.
Conner - ebay only keeps feedback for a time andthey also don''t display "mutually withdrawn" feedback. Since a seller will sometimes make some agressive offers so that the seller will agree to remove the feedback. There is a website, toolhaus.org, that shows mutually withdrawn feedback and all the feedback the seller has received, which gives a better picture.

In this seller''s case, here is what ebay shows:

Recent Feedback Ratings (last 12 months)
1 month 6 months 12 months
Positive 67 452 1181
Neutral 2 4 4
Negative 0 1 2

And here is what toolhaus shows:

25 Negative
54 Neutral
25 Withdrawn (0 removed by eBay)
104 Total

The comments on the negative and withdrawn feedbacks are also important:

"LIAR - STATED DMND IS A S12 3 GEMOLIGISTS SAY IT IS P3 EXTREMLY VISIBLE INCLUSNS" - 14/nov/09
"Fast Shipping and Fraudulent Appraisal; check out ripoffreport.com"
"color and clarity of diamond was no where close as advertised."
"dishonest about the quality of the diamond...DO NOT TRUST THEM...."

Even if some of these are older, I don''t want to deal with a seller who was selling lower quality goods than advertised in the past.

The way the seller answers those comments are also illuminating:

"5000+ Feedbck prove us right.Item exactly as dscrbed. Local Jeweler mislead cust" - this is the stock answer for comments on quality. Talk about arrogance!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call me silly but I''m pretty sure that the setting in the link posted by exturkconner is actually an LOGR!!!! I wonder if that seller is buying settings from LOGR (not upgrading) and then selling on at a huge profit?

Arcadian - just to let you know, on the UPS website for me it shows as billing information being submitted on the 9th in Tanzania. The "documents" then went all the way through to the UK and were released by customs. However, the ring didn''t actually leave until the 11th and should arrive with me tomorrow or the day after! So it looks like UPS handle the paperwork first and THEN release the shipment for delivery. Very bizarre!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very odd! I'm still not seeing anything (I hate UPS sometimes) Thats happened to me before so I'll give them a call tomorrow if I don't see anything.

This is the other possible setting. I don't like it as much as the first admittedly, but its doable.

maybeanotherringforarc.jpg

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
I really prefer the first!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This second setting is more delicate and modern. It depends on which look you prefer; you mentioned wanting some pizazz and the first does that quite well.

jewelz617

Brilliant_Rock
It''s gorgeous.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the first one because I think it will "sit" more comfortably on your finger.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The first setting you posted is very cute. . .I''d go with that one!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. I really do keep going back to the first one. The 2nd, well...if I didn''t have man hands...
4.gif
I really the 2nd would look smashing on someone with a smaller finger.

So far I can see where the paperwork was accepted on UPS (
20.gif
) How long as it been again? (I''m so antsy!)

I''m also looking on Etsy to get a few ideas. There''s a few designers over there that have some super edgy stuff in their portfolio. Its not to everyone''s taste of course but I''m drawn to them.

Here''s one I''m REALLY liking right now (too bad its out of my budget!)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34197439

This is a stone I could do dainty OR edgy with. (but maybe its too small for edgy?)

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian - my Tsav arrived a couple of days ago. After UPS did all the paperwork it suddenly showed on their tracking system that it had left "TZ" and then it was 2 days until it was with me. So as soon as you see on the tracking that it''s left TZ it should only be a matter of days!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that Etsy setting is super edgy. I wonder how comfortable it is to wear it though.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/15/2010 1:59:00 PM
Author: Arcadian
Thanks all. I really do keep going back to the first one. The 2nd, well...if I didn''t have man hands...
4.gif
I really the 2nd would look smashing on someone with a smaller finger.

So far I can see where the paperwork was accepted on UPS (
20.gif
) How long as it been again? (I''m so antsy!)

I''m also looking on Etsy to get a few ideas. There''s a few designers over there that have some super edgy stuff in their portfolio. Its not to everyone''s taste of course but I''m drawn to them.

Here''s one I''m REALLY liking right now (too bad its out of my budget!)

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34197439

This is a stone I could do dainty OR edgy with. (but maybe its too small for edgy?)

-A
Oh man, that is modern and edgy. I feel that you want the stone to be the center of attention, and I think in this case, the ring is such a conversation piece, it might overpower the stone. I did see one that might showcase it better on that site though. I like this design better, but if it was a bit smaller and more proportional to your stone. If you like that modern look, this might be something to think about.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34200287

Bella_mezzo

Ideal_Rock
the first etsy setting will be all about the ring, not the stone...plus, I bet it''s really uncomfortable...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do have some SS square stacker rings which are extremely comfortable to wear (I forget I have them on sometimes) I wonder if its because the sides and bottom are flat.

This would for sure not be a winter ring! (no way could I get that thing under some gloves!!!)

TL, you''re probably right about that first setting. I like the top as its looks very fluid. My wonder is would that work around an oval stone, and size may have a lot to do with it too. the garnet is 2ct, I may have to go up a heck of a lot more in size.

If I were to go with super edgy setting I wouldn''t want the stone to "stand out" per se, I would want them to compliment each other in every way possible. If the color of my stone is as dayglo as the picture, it could work but it would only work based on that crazy color, certainly not because of its shape!

The other one you picked is amazing!
30.gif
I think with an oval it may not look at sharp though.

The other I liked was this
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=34199898 that is one thats not busy looks industrial and would probably do well with my stone.

It kinda looks like a mini building...lol

-A

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funky settings Arcadian. I don''t know if that last one you picked out would be comfortable, but I like how the darkened metal makes that green stone pop more. Some interesting ideas at the very least.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results