shape
carat
color
clarity

Have i found THE Cushion?Give your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

So how does this cushion look? Unfortunately I have to make a decision by the end of today- I hate pressure
23.gif

Shape: Cushion
Carat: 1.51
Color: G
Clarity: VS1
Depth: 64.3
Table: 62
Girdle: M-STK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 7.68-6.61X4.25
Length/Width: 1.16

Does this sound good? Most of my requirements are met!

Thanks
Maya

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
The table is "slightly" big for my taste.
This diamond could be very nice!
And what about the price?
And why this pressure?

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, forgot the GIA report...I am a bit nervous!

Maya

Attachments

• 1[1].51GVS1cushion.pdf
    76.1 KB · Views: 43

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Maya,
I disagree that 62 is anywhere near too big for a cushion. The numbners ( for what that''s worth) look quite nice.
Of course you have to actualy see the diamond ( or have a trusted advisor see it for you) to get a better idea of desirablity.

But I DO agree that being pressured into buying a diamond is a bad idea.

If you''d like to post the price, I''d be glad to give you an opinion on that.

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

The vendor e-mailed me that the stone is available and the manufacturer will keep it until the end of the day. The stone can then be send to the vendor and they can give me photos, sarin reports etc. - of course this will be for a fee unless I decide to take it.

The price is just shy of $10k

Maya

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Maya, the price is very low.
If the stone is desirable, it sound like a real deal.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
It''s tough to make that serious a decision sight unseen under pressure.
Numbers do indeed look good.
Have you seen the cert?
Do you know what kind of a facet pattern this stone has?
Do you like this type of facet pattern? (There are many facets patterns for cushions, as I''m sure you know.

I''ve read that a cushions table should be mid to high 50s, but I''ve seen some beauties in the low 60s.
Reena''s Cushion - Here''s the thread for Reena''s Cushion, it has a table of 63, depth of 66.5 (G VS2). It''s a beauty!

Moremoremore''s modern cushion
- for reference.

There''s a thread about the different cushion facet patterns. I couldn''t find it, I''ll keep looking.

What''s the return policy for this stone or dealer?
If there is a good one - and this stone has what you want - why not take a chance?

Scintillating...

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

I have contacted the vendor and she will get the stone from the manufacturer for me
1.gif

I will get photos, idealscope and sarin report tomorrow. I can''t wait!!

The facet pattern is different from what I have seen before. Frankly, I do not have the ability to see what the stone will look like from the facet pattern. I have attached the GIA report in pdf format in a previous post. Here it is again in jpeg format

I really like the spread of the stone.

K1.51GVS1cushion.jpg

fatafelice

Brilliant_Rock
I am really interested in that facet pattern! Be sure to post photos! It looks like it might be a great stone!
21.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Exciting!
Very interesting....
Looks familiar to me...

There's this thread with the facet pattern but I don't think they dicovered much about it.

Where's Moremoremore when you need her?
Maybe Valeria can help?

We need a chart of the facet pattern and a corresponding photograph of a cushion with the pattern.
Anyone want to help me do this?

Scintillating...

Maya Moonstone

Shiny_Rock
Hi

That is exactly what I was thinking! Valeria, MMM and the cushion experts where are you???
33.gif

I saw that thread you referred to as well, and now I am worried...will she look like crushed ice or a radiant? Is the relative low price an indication that it is not a "true" cushion but a radiant? (Not that there is such a thing as a true cushion)

I simply adore MMM stones.
18.gif
30.gif
Does anybody - maybe MMM - know what the facet pattern of her stone is?

Anyway, I will keep you posted. Jamie from Whiteflash promised me photos, sarin report and light scope images tomorrow.

All nervous, jittery and excited

Maya

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Here are two facet patterns for a cushion.
There are a couple more that I couldn''t find examples of.
I can''t wait to see what yours looks like Maya!

Scintillating...

Cushion-Facet-Patterns-Web.jpg

diamondsbylauren

Brilliant_Rock
Although it might be a great stone for you, the GIA report posted is not a cushion.

I am going by thier description of of the cut "Modified Rectangular Brilliant"- this seems to indicate the diamond has "corners"

IN general, using the plot on a GIA report to figure out what the facet pattern looks like is useless.
GIA has stock plots which they use- they do NOT draw the diamond''s facet pattern out.

Hope this helps

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Maya! That's very kind! And HOW did this thread escape me!
6.gif

This is the "modern" cushion cert (as I refer to it)...it might be a bit small....(it's also called a cushion brilliant)

This is the facet pattern consistently on the modern cushion certs but like david said, that won't tell you everything about how it will look...

You stone is REALLY interesting! That's like a fancy hybrid or something LOL....

I saw the pic on the other thread and the stone is STUNNING. STUNNING!!!

mdcertcushion.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results