shape
carat
color
clarity

Has COVID changed your relationships?

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the point of being vaccinated if you still don't feel safe living a normal life? Idunno1.gif
There are many reasons as others have pointed it to you a million times. Aside from protecting children or others who can’t take the vaccine staying out if the hospital means that those who had a heart attack, were in a bad accident, etc. or even would like to have a baby in a hospital, can get a bed. But of course it’s clear you aren’t thinking about those people or you wouldn’t keep asking the same question over and over again.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What is the point of being vaccinated if you still don't feel safe living a normal life? Idunno1.gif

I’ve been living a normal life before vaccine due to the fact that like you, I have loved ones who were essentials. So yes. I chose my mental health over the constant agony or fear. No choice. Even so, it was hard not to experience fear or doubt. The vaccine was a total game changer and I have been living a normal life without the fear or doubts. Too bad you are unable to get the vaccine for health reasons DF bc peace of mind is priceless!

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Every single day hospitals where I live (and work in hospital leadership) are being told there are no beds available for people who are sick or injured. Every single day I have to tell rural doctors that we can't take their patients with heart attacks, cancer, traumas, etc. I assure you that people are dying in rural hospitals or smaller regional hospitals because beds at larger hospitals (with ICU care) are being used for people with Covid.

Flippancy about Covid isn't a good look, to me.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Am I personally particularly worried about having a bad outcome if I become infected now that I am vaxxed? No. But am I worried about unvaxxed folks who likely are taking little to no precautions of any type circulating around the community? Sure am. And I think they are largely selfish people who don’t give a fig for anyone but themselves.
Not many left. Aren't we up to like 65% vaccinated +15% of natural immunity?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Dancing Fire it is because of people who refuse to get vaccinated (with no valid medical reason) the pandemic is alive and well and will be continuing at least for another year IMO if not longer. That is right. Because of people (like you?) who will not get vaccinated thereby creating mutations that will live on and on and on. That is how it works. If we could have squashed it immediately by vaccinating everyone it would have been over by now. :/
Not true, The fully vaccinated are also passing along the virus. Within the next 3 months you'll blame people for prolonging Covid b/c some people will refuse to take the booster shot.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not true, The fully vaccinated are also passing along the virus. Within the next 3 months you'll blame people for prolonging Covid b/c some people will refuse to take the booster shot.

We all need to do our part. And that means taking one (safely) for the team. It was amazing how fast these (safe) vaccines were developed and we could have stopped the pandemic in its tracks. Instead selfish people who refused to get vaccinated (without a valid medical reason) f’d it up for everyone. Including themselves and their children and grandchildren. Sad but true.

Unpleasant to think about but it’s the truth.

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
Not many left. Aren't we up to like 65% vaccinated +15% of natural immunity?

We are at 65% of total pop who have one dose or more. It drops To 56% for fully vaccinated. I can’t tell you what % of total US pop has been infected, or what the overlap with those who have been vaccinated yet is, but based on overflowing hospitals in many states, there are plenty of non-immune bodies left for this virus to bounce around it. Also please understand that “natural immunity” does not appear to be as durable or predictable compared to vaccination, which is why health authorities are recommending that those who have recovered from infection still need to get the vaccine.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’ve been living a normal life before vaccine due to the fact that like you, I have loved ones who were essentials. So yes. I chose my mental health over the constant agony or fear. No choice. Even so, it was hard not to experience fear or doubt. The vaccine was a total game changer and I have been living a normal life without the fear or doubts. Too bad you are unable to get the vaccine for health reasons DF bc peace of mind is priceless!
But a lot of people don't want you to live a normal life even after you are fully vaccinated. They still wanted you to live in constant fear. Am I fearful of catching Covid? of course I am, but I will not hid under my bed for who knows how much longer.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We all need to do our part. And that means taking one (safely) for the team. It was amazing how fast these (safe) vaccines were developed and we could have stopped the pandemic in its tracks. Instead selfish people who refused to get vaccinated (without a valid medical reason) f’d it up for everyone. Including themselves and their children and grandchildren. Sad but true.

Unpleasant to think about but it’s the truth.
Please give some credit to the fully vaccinated for sharing their virus too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We are at 65% of total pop who have one dose or more. It drops To 56% for fully vaccinated. I can’t tell you what % of total US pop has been infected, or what the overlap with those who have been vaccinated yet is, but based on overflowing hospitals in many states, there are plenty of non-immune bodies left for this virus to bounce around it. Also please understand that “natural immunity” does not appear to be as durable or predictable compared to vaccination, which is why health authorities are recommending that those who have recovered from infection still need to get the vaccine.
I'll take natural immunity over the jab any day of the week.

DiaLuv

Shiny_Rock
If anyone one is interested in a doctor’s take on COVID Dr. Z is worth listening to.

Dialuv

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock

Really? You’d take infection with a virus which causes death in ~1% of infections* over a vaccine for which we’ve administered 390M doses in the US with an excellent safety profile. That is a wild misunderstanding of risk on your part.

* noting two things: infection fatality rate depends on estimate of total infections, not confirmed cases, and I’ve seen pretty divergent estimates for this depending on the study, but that this is certainly higher for the age group I estimate you are based on your mention of being a grandpa

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They still wanted you to live in constant fear.

Who is "they"? I think you're confusing fear with caution. I know people who are too young for the vaccine and a few who can't take it for medical reasons. Their family and friends take precautions to prevent their vulnerable family and friends from being exposed to covid by still continuing to mask, physical distance, and eating in restaurants with outdoor seating. I have a friend with one unhealthy lung due to chemo and cancer. She is at great risk of death if she gets covid and she does not sit in her house but lives her life with caution and by making prudent decisions. I think that is what a lot of people you accuse of living in fear also do.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

You've revealed that you can't take the injection due to a heart issue. What makes you think you'd survive covid?

Last edited:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who is "they"? I think you're confusing fear with caution.
They being the mainstream media. All you hear from them is how many people had died but never mention how many people had survived Covid.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You've revealed that you can't take the injection due to a heart issue. What makes you think you'd survive covid?
Because I should be dead by now. I hangout with vaccinated and unvaccinated friends.

P

Petalouda

Living in Texas, I try to be understanding. I really do. But I find my patience wearing thin these days. Nobody likes lockdowns or to stay home or being “cautious” or wearing masks. But we do it for our health and the safety of others. My husband has extended family that’s largely unvaccinated and has gotten Covid. They say “oh it was mild”. The thing is, it wasn’t mild for the 700k people who have already died from it. 700k! I know people who were young and healthy who died from it and high risk people who have survived it. You just don’t know how it will affect you. Anyways, I’ve been avoiding any events with them because at the end of the day if my family gets sick, they aren’t going to watch my kids, pay our hospital bills etc.

One of my closest friends just had a baby while battling cancer. Her older child also has a heart condition. It’s so insulting when people refuse to wear masks and/or get vaccinated and say cautious people like her “live in fear” and buy into “hype”. ( cause 700k deaths is somehow not serious) For some people, catching Covid means a very high risk of death. She couldn’t even get induced on her regular date because of no beds available due to the high number of pregnant women catching Covid and going into preterm labor.
At the very least if you don’t want to get vaccinated, wear a dang mask. It’s so short-sighted and selfish to assume that you’ll only get mild Covid and only at worse , spread mild covid to others.
Eta: sorry for making this longer than I intended. I guess I needed to vent a bit!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Because I should be dead by now. I hangout with vaccinated and unvaccinated friends.

You do have good luck, I'll give you that. Have you ever considered that at some point you were or will be asymptomatically infected and therefore have infected or will infect others perhaps people you don't even know?
All you hear from them is how many people had died but never mention how many people had survived Covid.

Because the tragedy is the deaths not the survival. You are stuck in an echo chamber DF. Some of people who survived contributed to the near collapse of our medical system, prevented non-covid patients from getting care, contributed to the awful state of our economy, cost taxpayers a whole lot of money, and an increasing number of them have long covid symptoms that will affect them, their families, their employers, and the rest of us for a long time.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
^Theretherethere isisis ananan echoechoecho ininin heeeereheeeereheeeere

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^Theretherethere isisis ananan echoechoecho ininin heeeereheeeereheeeere

Because you agreed with everything I said...;))

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
It's given me a whole new expression. In fact, I'm adopting this wise, wise, girl as my avatar for awhile.

ba9a5fc474bd8ed43baf886e173ca97769b11ec6a9a0b7c31b444ed4049ba91e.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
t's given me a whole new expression. In fact, I'm adopting this wise, wise, girl as my avatar for awhile.

I've been thinking about changing mine to: angry bird.png

ZestfullyBling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All of my family is vaccinated. DH mother refuses. But before she visits she is getting tested so I guess that’s fair. My close friends are germaphobes like me so they are vaccinated too. im so glad masks are the norm now, for years DH and I have been trying to figure out how to prevent others/strangers from invading my personal space…thank god for masks:)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Covid, along with the other big issues of the past few years, yes it has. I don't want the anti-vaxxers etcetera in my life anymore tbh. I didn't used to care that much what people's beliefs were but this has all been way too much for me.

Last edited:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They being the mainstream media. All you hear from them is how many people had died but never mention how many people had survived Covid.

So I’m guessing you won’t see a need for the vaccine until half the country has died of Covid?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I’m guessing you won’t see a need for the vaccine until half the country has died of Covid?
CC
If half of the country die from covid all it proves is that the vaccine doesn't work.
According to the far left media 2 mil people will be dead by this winter. There are new covid drugs coming and the vaccine may not be the best choice everyone to fight the virus.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
CC
If half of the country die from covid all it proves is that the vaccine doesn't work.
According to the far left media 2 mil people will be dead by this winter. There are new covid drugs coming and the vaccine may not be the best choice everyone to fight the virus.

You are very confused about a lot of things and seem very intent on remaining that way. For starters, what you are calling "far left" is actually extremely centrist. More importantly, Fox "News" IS far right, dangerous, fascist propaganda, not a reliable news source in any way, shape or form. Third, your knowledge level is extremely low. Your post above, like most of your posts, is pure nonsense, as I'm sure your response will be. Yet you keep talking and never listen. Of course this will go in one ear and out the other, as we know well by now. It's a shame for us all that some people simply cannot be reached. One wonders if you just get off on trolling or if you're even paid for it or WTH. Still, I hope you don't get Covid and die. SMH

Last edited:

m-cubed

Shiny_Rock
CC

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Development of small molecule drugs is not as easy as you think.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are very confused about a lot of things and seem very intent on remaining that way. For starters, what you are calling "far left" is actually extremely centrist. More importantly, Fox "News" IS far right, dangerous, fascist propaganda, not a reliable news source in any way, shape or form.
So believing in other medications to fight the virus is a dangerous, fascist propaganda ?...:wall:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results