shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of WJ

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aruba1103

Rough_Rock
Has anyone heard of worldjewels.com. There prices are very reasonable. Reply is appreciated
thanks

aruba1103

Rough_Rock
please can someone reply please
33.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess no one is replying because they haven''t heard of them. I know I haven''t. Sorry....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2006 9:38:21 PM
Author:aruba1103
Has anyone heard of worldjewels.com. There prices are very reasonable. Reply is appreciated
thanks
if it sounds too cheap
20.gif
look out !!!! hold on to your wallet.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
After spending a few minutes on their page I can tell you why the prices are low, the jewelry is low quality.
I choose this ring at random, but look at it closely:
Diamond has visable inclusions in the photo
not cut information
not grading report
the little accent diamonds are not set in the same way, on the left recessed into the ring, one the right the table rises above the metal
the inside of the bezel is not finshed

This is not fine jewelry.

What are you looking for, perhaps someone on here can tell you of a better place to shop, still within your budget.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have never heard of them either. I agree with Matatora, looks like low quality jewelry to me. I think this would be a "you get what you pay for" example
1.gif
. The folks here would be more than happy to help you find a gorgeous high quality ring no matter what your budget if you tell us what your looking for..

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/12/2006 9:48:48 PM
Author: Matatora
After spending a few minutes on their page I can tell you why the prices are low, the jewelry is low quality.
I choose this ring at random, but look at it closely:
Diamond has visable inclusions in the photo
not cut information
not grading report
the little accent diamonds are not set in the same way, on the left recessed into the ring, one the right the table rises above the metal
the inside of the bezel is not finshed

a-222.JPG

This is not fine jewelry.

What are you looking for, perhaps someone on here can tell you of a better place to shop, still within your budget.
6.gif
Yes give us a budget and we will be more than happy to help you.
2.gif

aruba1103

Rough_Rock
Thanks so much guys!!!
I am a newbie to internet diamond shopping...actually not very experienced in diamond shopping either!!! I am looking for
1. diamond stud earrings around 1.5 carat total weight, good quality. For the earnings I am thinking below $5000.
2. and a solitaire ring a not very expensive one, moderate quality...less than $1000, I think I should be able to get 0.3 to 0.4 carat in that. What do U guys think?
where should I look fo r these things? . Any input is appreciatd
Thanks

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/13/2006 8:00:33 PM
Author: aruba1103
Thanks so much guys!!!

I am a newbie to internet diamond shopping...actually not very experienced in diamond shopping either!!! I am looking for

1. diamond stud earrings around 1.5 carat total weight, good quality. For the earnings I am thinking below $5000.

2. and a solitaire ring a not very expensive one, moderate quality...less than $1000, I think I should be able to get 0.3 to 0.4 carat in that. What do U guys think?

where should I look fo r these things? . Any input is appreciatd

Thanks

With those budgets you can do much better than worldjewels.com, with no disrespect meant to them. Have you considered moving some of that budget from the stud earrings to the ring? I mean, you can practically get ideal cut earrings with that and you can''t get much ring... if you get very good earring and move some of that money to the ring you can get a good ring too!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was wondering the same thing. Why put 5K into diamond stud earrings and only 1K for a solitaire?? I''m thinking it should be the other way around??? Maybe I am missing something??
2.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
your budgets are fine to get what you had planned in mind from a reputable jeweler...

i would bypass world jeweler and work with a better quality vendor..good luck!

aruba1103

Rough_Rock
Thanks Guys so much. Would get your help again after browsing these sites
2.gif

sherv26

Rough_Rock
I have bought a ring from worldjewels.com, and I have been happy with it. Before I bought my ring, I was sacred to spend so

much money online, but after some research I felt comfortable buying from them. I checked their return policy, they had a 30-

days money back, also I checked bbb.org and they had a good record. I took my ring to a local jeweler and they said I got a

good deal. They people who have commented in this form I don''t think any of them have bought anything from them.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Please post some photos of any items you have bought, we would all be intreasted in seeing them.

Joeys Minx

Rough_Rock
My fiance and I had found them and were very pleased with their low prices and were very close to buying a .33 ctw solitairre from them for $300.00. The clarity and quality looked fine but I was concerned cause it said SI not SI1 or SI2 so we called them and they said it was an SI3. From what I have heard that is basically like getting an I1 and that is NOT what we want. Very deceptive in my opinion. We are ow looking at sites like whiteflash and are hoping to get something with our income tax return. :)

sherv26

Rough_Rock
I dont know how to post a picture on this site. The ring that I bought from worldjewels.com was C-8.
As I said I am very happy with my purchase, I have looked at other site and I haven''t find any good prices.
their the only ones that I found to have really good prices at least compared to other site.

I looked at whiteflash.com and they don''t tell you what your getting when it comes to color and clarity.
http://whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=R27ch&CategID=15
If the quality was good then they would have put it on their site, so I guess the quality of the diamond is not that good.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2006 1:27:23 PM
Author: sherv26

I looked at whiteflash.com and they don''t tell you what your getting when it comes to color and clarity.

http://whiteflash.com/golden-wardrobe/Gold_Details.aspx?ItemCode=R27ch&CategID=15

If the quality was good then they would have put it on their site, so I guess the quality of the diamond is not that good.

It''s funny you say that because Whiteflash is one of the companies who provide all the info you''d what to know about a diamond and more. I must admit, I just searched for the info on the "cut above melee" used in the ring you posted and couldn''t find a direct paragraph to link in my response. However, Whiteflash uses only "A cut above" melee which means even the tiniest stone is cut to hearts and arrows perfection. My appraiser said the melee in the ring they made for me was G-H VS. It not being on their site has nothing to do with the quality. Whiteflash is a well respected company on this forum and has had many happy customers. There have been occasional mishaps like anywhere but their customer service always steps up to the plate and is one of the best IMO.

I would also love to see a picture of your ring. We''ve never seen a piece from Worldjewels that I know of. I''d be happy to post it for you if you''d like to email it to me
1.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/19/2006 2:35:16 AM
I have bought a ring from worldjewels.com, and I have been happy with it. Before I bought my ring, I was sacred to spend so

much money online, but after some research I felt comfortable buying from them. I checked their return policy, they had a 30-

days money back, also I checked bbb.org and they had a good record. I took my ring to a local jeweler and they said I got a

good deal. They people who have commented in this form I don''t think any of them have bought anything from them.
i''m sure you got what you paid for.
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2006 5:56:49 PM
Author: Dancing Fire

Date: 1/19/2006 2:35:16 AM

i''m sure you got what you paid for.
9.gif
Yup.
1.gif

Joeys Minx

Rough_Rock
Yes please post the pic and what the ring is etc. Glad you are happy with it cause that is what counts. For myself I am thru with the non quality stuff and would rather get something I am sure of. What also was irritating was that they have a place in L.A. which is about 100 miles away and we would of gone to take a look at it but they do not allow that either. They sell cheap jewelry IMO and you do get what you pay for.

sherv26

Rough_Rock
I am going to try to get my friend digital camera and take a picture of the ring on Monday or Tuesday and I will email to the person who offered to post for me. Right now I only have a regular camera.

What I don''t get is why some people in this post defending whiteflash like they work for them or MAYBE THEY DO.
And their bashing worldjewels.com and reading this post it looks like they haven''t even bought from them.

I was looking at whiteflash.com they only offer you 10-days money back. If their so sure about their quality why not offer
30-days money back.
The main reason I bought from worldjewels.com is because I had 30-days money back, plus If I returned it I will only lose $10.00, I''m pretty sure that whiteflash.com charges more then $10.00.

I''m deciding to get a stud earrings from worldjewels, their is no way I will be buying from whiteflash, specially with those prices.
Do you guys think I should get .75 carat total, or .90 carat total. is their a big difference in size. the price difference is only $300.00

Thanks

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/20/2006 12:43:11 AM
I am going to try to get my friend digital camera and take a picture of the ring on Monday or Tuesday and I will email to the person who offered to post for me. Right now I only have a regular camera.

What I don''t get is why some people in this post defending whiteflash like they work for them or MAYBE THEY DO.
And their bashing worldjewels.com and reading this post it looks like they haven''t even bought from them.

I was looking at whiteflash.com they only offer you 10-days money back. If their so sure about their quality why not offer
30-days money back.
The main reason I bought from worldjewels.com is because I had 30-days money back, plus If I returned it I will only lose $10.00, I''m pretty sure that whiteflash.com charges more then $10.00.

I''m deciding to get a stud earrings from worldjewels, their is no way I will be buying from whiteflash, specially with those prices.
Do you guys think I should get .75 carat total, or .90 carat total. is their a big difference in size. the price difference is only $300.00

Thanks
well....just don''t expect to get a new york steak for hamburger price.
9.gif
some vendors here (GOG) do offer a 30 day return policy. each Co. have their own policy.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock

What I don''t get is why some people in this post defending whiteflash like they work for them or MAYBE THEY DO

The people who work from Whiteflash say so. If they didn''t they would be in violation of forum rules and
this would happen. I have purchased from them and was pleased as are many customers here and said so, kinda like you are with worldjewels
2.gif

People were stating their opinion base on the pics on their website. Joey''s Minx has dealt with them and was unhappy and explained why.

30-days money back.

Like Dancing Fire said, there are plenty of other reputable online companies who do offer a 30 day return period. Each company sets their own.

.90 tcw..bigger is always better
31.gif

xobklynqt143

Rough_Rock
I have bought from world of jewls a few times i bought 2 enagement rings and 2 pairs of earring.........and i wouldnt do business with them again they told me my ring would be h-i color and vs quality to match my center stone and not all of the diamonds match up some are cloudier then others and it was like putting teeth to get these rings it took over a month to get them in because i ordered both in plat. which i dont under stand how it would take so long to make or whatever. I was told apprias. come with it i got an app. for one of the rings and it appriased for 10,000 just for the band and i paid 1250. My other ring im still waiting for the app. to come in and the ring was ordered Oct 19 and yet still to recievei t so i put a hold on my credit card and we'll see what happens. The earring i ordered them a WEEK before christmas the guy JOHNNY told me that they would be sent out that day long behold i didnt receive them till xmas eve because he sent them out Friday night. I dont htink i would do business with them again it was too much of a hastle to get intouch with them and waiting for the product.
38.gif

Joeys Minx

Rough_Rock
"People were stating their opinion base on the pics on their website. Joey's Minx has dealt with them and was unhappy and explained why."

Thanx Mrs Salvo. I do not work for any jewelry company if I did I would already have a new ring by now. lol The starter of this thread asked us for OUR opinions. I gave mine and also stated why. As far as customer service goes the lady I talked to was very uninformed and when I asked about the Si's if it was Si1 or Si2 she said Si3 and that they just put in the ring whatever they happen to have on hand!! An Si3 is nothing but a gussied up I1 or I2 for that matter and I do not appreciate them trying to be vague in their advertising about it. I don't want a "dressed up" I1 I already have one of those and am not satisfied with it. I also asked her about the cut of the diamond and she told me it was a round. *rolls eyes* well no kidding! I was referring to a very good cut, fair, poor etc. She didn't even know what I was talking about. Why would they have someone working the phones that does not even know the basics? She told me to email them with any questions and I had already done so. It has been 3 months and still no word back from anyone! Which is fine bacause after realizing the super low quality we do not want a ring from there at all. Just because this place lives up to your low expectations doesn't mean it lives up to anyone elses. One of the rings we were looking at at the time was this one.....It is .33 ctw in whitegold, G-H in color(supposedly) and SI clarity. The price is $299.00 That is the one I called about which is inn truth an sI3!!

{image removed by demand from worldjewels.net}

This one is from Bluenile ....It is $500.00 but it is actually an SI2 and from a reputable company where the other one is not.

http://www.bluenile.com/product_details.asp?nav1=settings_channel.asp&oid=4612#

Here is a similiar ring from whiteflash which is about $624.00 and you have a beautiful Heart and arrow design to boot! http://www.whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-1948499.htm

I and others here would rather spend a little more money and get the better ring. This is a ring, perhaps even a marriage we are talking about here, not where you are eating for lunch and who has the double cheeseburger on sale for .99 cents.

Garysax

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/11/2006 1:55:13 AM
Author: qilong2000
i chose one ring from worldJewels. but i have no much knowledge with ring and Diamond. who can

have a detail analysis with this ring. below is the url, you can see the picture of the ring

http://www.worldjewels.net/_e/Diamond_Engagement_Rings/product/k%2D79/14K_Gold_Diamond_Ring_1_00_ct_.htm

I find it disturbing that when you click on the yellow gold version of the ring you just linked to, instead of an actual picture of a yellow gold version, the stock ring picture is simply colored yellow as far as I can tell.
5.gif

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
If you zoom in on the yellow gold it does look like yellow gold. I don''t think that is such a big deal but the ring seems to be of very low quality. The band isn''t smooth on the inside and it looks like it has a split down the middle. The diamonds aren''t spaced completely evenly or straight. Also, with the quality of the ring I would worry about the stability of the prongs. Just think, this is the best picture they have of that ring, that they are using to advertise with. I think everyone here could help you find an amazing diamond in a classic setting for $1,000 if you make your own post asking for ideas. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results