shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone heard of Cartier selling just their settings???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
There is a ring in Cartier I absolutely love and can''t find a similar setting anywhere. I''m looking into having one made - but - has anyone heard of Cartier selling just their settings or setting a ring with a diamond you provide, it would be a very high quality (better than they one they have on display actually)?

I may just be dreaming though...
3.gif

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
I seriously doubt it... Setting a stone from another source would be a no-no in just about any fine store.

You could go in with the stone, and try telling Cartier that you were given the stone and want it set, but I doubt they would do it. If they know you got the stone elsewhere, they probably wouldn''t set it under any circumstances.

A partial explanation for that is the item''s value. Buyers assume that a Cartier ring has special value ( provenance ) because it is hallmarked with their trademark and with that reliance is that most would assume that a Cartier ( or other fine stores ) would have stones also supplied by them.

Copying their designs that are probably copyrighted, can become problematic if anyone knows that you did it, as well as the person who knocks off their design. Chances are you''d never be in a problematic situation, but the decision is your and the person who is going to make a ring and how exact it is to the original design.

It''s a fine line though.... I''ve heard that Stuller now makes X prong rings which was started and conceived by someone else.

You may have to consider having them selling you a stone(s) as well as the ring.

Rockdoc

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
well.... miracles do happen. The one you ask for already did ! (link to PS story)

Paul-Antwerp

Ideal_Rock
Trade
If you are really serious about getting the original Cartier-setting, Loengard has managed to set an excellent precedent.

I suppose that you can contact him, in order to get the co-ordinates of his contact within Cartier. After all, if they did it for him, they should do it for others too.

Live long,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results