shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever regretted going Halo?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
If you do keep your halo I think a band that is as wide as one of the bars in your split shank. LOL, that is a terrible explanation. Does it make sense? You can pair a band like that with most any ring also.

I think Lynn''s idea is a brilliant one as well.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Maisie,

I''ve been on a similar ring/diamond journey as you and if you can''t wear your ring because of the smaller stones possibly falling out, and you miss a solitare then by all means, go back to one. I love pave, halos, Leon Mege creations, etc, as the next Pricescoper, but as a hands on mom of 3, I know I can have one of two settings: solitare or a 3 stone ring. Like you, I prefer to wear my wedding band with my engagement ring and wear them everyday! In that sense, I''m traditional. I''ve also waffled on the yellow gold/white gold/platinum decision!

At the end of the day, you need to be happy. Keep in mind, that if you reset your diamond out of your halo and into a solitare, it WILL look smaller and big time shrinkage may set in!

If you go back to a solitare, will you go to a Legato?

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my halo and have no regrets. I also wear it pretty much 24/7 and have never had a stone fall out and I''m an avid gardener. I''m of the mind that if I have it then I want to wear it. I''m sorry you are having second thoughts about your ring. It really is gorgeous. If you are not happy with it then you should change it if you can.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
No, but I did just get mine and Leon is within easy reach.

reader

Brilliant_Rock
I might be saying bad words here, but its time the ring wrap/guard was brought back and updated. Something fresher in design and classier in construction so you could go from solitare to halo to even sidestones.

shimmer

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Maisie,

I just wanted to chime in because I went from a 6 prong solitaire to a tacori halo and now the legato solitaire...

I felt the exact same as you do with the halo, it just wasn't an everyday ring for me, a little too much and I was always worried (and I couldn't clean it as well!).

I needed my ering to be an everyday ring so I made the switch, and I could not be happier! I don't have children, but I may some day and I would not be able to wear the tacori on a daily basis with kids around (for my own sanity--I know some people do and everything is fine, it's just not worth the stress for me).

I set a gemstone in the tacori so I can still enjoy it when I need some bling. I haven't received it yet, but I am sure I will love it with the gemstone, plus then there is less of an emotional attachment if I have to send it away for repair, I live in Canada so it is stressful (not as stressful as overseas, I can imagine) and I do not have a good local jeweler.

I just wanted to share what I have been through, it seems pretty similar to your situation, perhaps not the part below.

All my family and friends try to convince me otherwise from changing the tacori, even my FI (he just said 'do whatever makes you happy'). They could not understand why I didn't want such a beautiful setting and thought I was crazy and would regret it. I made the decision for me, without any support or understanding, and then when I got the legato FI realized 'I like it more because it is more you'.

I just want to offer the support that I didn't have, sorry I have rambled on for so long...it's really late but I just had to post because our situations are so similar.

Good luck! It's a tough decision.
7.gif
1.gif

ETA: And yes, my diamond does look smaller, but I love it more because I can see it better/clearer without the halo! With all those tiny diamonds, it was hard to focus on just the center. Now I sound like I have bad eyes or something, which I don't, I'm just too tired to be describing things
3.gif

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Your ring is one of my favorites. I love the look of a split shank with no extra band. It''s beautiful. It''s a lot of bling. Might take some time to get used to.

I have a pave ring from Leon and I also do not wear it as much as my old plain solitaire. But I don''t mind switching off between just the ering, just the band and sometimes both.

It seems ashamed to switch back so soon but your gorgeous halo would look lovely with a colored gem as a RHR.

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Maisie - I''m sorry you aren''t 100% happy with your ring! I TOTALLY agree with Lynn though - take comfort in your ''plan b'' and then wear it with no worries until a stone falls out (IF it ever does). And then, if that happens, by that time you can hopefully have some money put aside for a nice sapphire or aqua or something, and then you can get it all done at once!

I still think you should take some time before you do anything. You haven''t had it very long and I think it is probably natural to feel that it is more delicate/blingy/etc. But you know what? WEAR IT. Do everything you would normally do and see how it fares.

I do think it would make a great RHR with a gemstone though :)

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Maisie. I LOVE your halo ring.
36.gif
I think it is gorgeous. It looks stunning on your hand.

I agree with Lynn''s advice, don''t worry, until something happens.

Linda

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
hEY Maisie, I kind of understand exactly how you feel.

I just got my upgrade diamond in June from WF and had it set in the WF tiffany knife edge in white gold and last week I had it reset in a Simon G platinum setting.

While it''s not a halo, it does have a lot more bling that than I am accustomed to, trillions on either side and it is split shank like yours and I am not so sure if I am loving the extra bling factor. I have gotten so many compliments on the ring and I am actually a bit embarassed when people notice it. I never got any comments when I had my ritani ring on, maybe 10 comments in the almost 4 years I had that setting.

The new setting is platinum, so I can definitely say I do love that about it and definitely missed the heft that platinum has compared to wg, but it is set higher than I thought it would be and now I have to find a diamond band that goes with it. Also, GOG set it and the diamond is set off centered (the diamond table/arrows doen''t align with the prongs) and that kind of bugs me, but I don''t want to get it fixed for fear that they will mess up the prongs.`

Like you, I don''t want to spend a lot of money on a matching band, esp. if I decide I don''t want to keep it, but fortunately for me, it was not a custom setting, so I got a pretty good price on the ring and won''t feel so bad if I do eventually change it down the road.

If I were you, I would just keep it for now, wait to see if you really really don''t like it (at least 6 months from now) or if any diamonds fall out. I probably would not ship it all the way back, I would find a good jeweler near me and have them fix the ring if anything happens.

Also, if you are really worried about losing the diamonds, etc., why not just get the ring insured. It will give you some piece of mind.

I do have to say that if you are having doubts, then it is probably not the right ring for you!

Steel

Ideal_Rock

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I have no words of advice or wisdom for you, sweetness, just wanted to give you a hug and say that I hope you find the perfect setting for you soon.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow lots more replies. Thank you for taking the time to post your thoughts and experiences.

When I bought the split shank setting I was reluctant to buy it in platinum just in case I didn''t end up sticking with this setting. Thats a decision that I have come to regret. I really miss the weight of platinum and although I like the look of white gold I think it just isn''t right for me. I wish I had been more patient and left my ring alone for a while.

I have tried lots of wedding bands on and they are either too thin - which pales into insignificance next to the halo, or too thick and I can''t bend my finger properly. As Steel so nicely put it..... B.''Do you want to buy a wedding band and stop the crabby old dears from looking at you, your kids and then your ring finger only to ask when the big day is.''.... I do want to wear a wedding ring. Its something which is expected if you are married here and I definitely don''t feel right not wearing one.

I have had some contact about this with Whiteflash and they are being really helpful. They want to help me to find something I love. I was worried they would feel like I am difficult.. which I know I am.. I find it hard to approach them when I have had so many changes with my settings and diamonds.

I like the plan B suggestion. Wearing the ring and seeing what happens seems a lot easier than sending it back on the off chance something will go wrong with it. I just wish I had bought this setting in Platinum. I would have been less likely to be able to just move on to something new. The money side of it would have made me think again.

I really appreciate the support and advice you have been giving me. Thank you.

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2008 10:36:59 AM
Author: gwendolyn
I have no words of advice or wisdom for you, sweetness, just wanted to give you a hug and say that I hope you find the perfect setting for you soon.

Thank you xx

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results