shape
carat
color
clarity

Has anyone ever had a ring sized up via filing and polishing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi fellow pricescopers!

Well Tacori has finally given us quotes on sizing my rings and fixing the ring that I had to get cut off my finger for being too small. They can actually repair it! Amazing, that thing was mangled!

I really wanted both rings to be remade but it would cost almost $3000 to do so! Tacori vehemently insists that both rings can be sized up from 5.25 to 5.75 which I need with this set., without needing to be recast. They said it will be via "minor filing and polishing" and state that it will look fine and not affect the integrity of the rings.

I really don''t know how much I like this idea but I can''t afford another $3K to recast them! yikes!

Jewelers, can you enlighten me on how this will affect my rings? Will they have tell tale signs that something has been done?

Has anyone else had to do this with a ring? I''m freaking out because I spent so much darn money on this ring and have been through so much with it already, and I want them to be perfect, but I feel like now that they have to file away at them they will be less than perfect. I doubt Tacori would give me back trash but I''m still concerned.

Thanks!
sarah

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
link Mara just had this issue in another thread. This is how her story turned out. Hope this works.

Shay

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results