shape
carat
color
clarity

harry winston ering

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
Thanks to all of the compliments on my ring. I am sure, like many newly engaged women, I find myself staring at my hand for extended periods of time almost amazed that its actually my hand that I am looking at!

Mara and Tomatoe...no need to explain yourselves; certainly no offense was taken. Had it been the case that the setting was crooked I would've been very disppointed if someone hadn't pointed it out and told me to get it checked, so thank you!

I would still like to try to get some pictures of the diamond with better light so you can see all of the beautiful colors when it sparkles. Any ideas on how to get some truly brilliant photos?

foundnemo

Shiny_Rock
Wow, that's an amazingly gorgeous ring! I think the setting is quite elegant.

Congrats!

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stone.... Square emeralds are so tasteful and elegant, and yours is a quite stunner. Wear in good health & congrats!
1.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Amazing & elegant ring! Congrats to your fiance and best blessings to you both!
1.gif

Giangi

Ideal_Rock
That is gorgeous!!! It's beautiful...And it's a HW!!
1.gif
9.gif
Congrats and enjoy it!
appl.gif
appl.gif

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations!!
9.gif
9.gif
I have been wanting to respond to this thread since you posted it, but my computer was not cooperating! Anyway, your ring is gorgeous!
love.gif
I absolutely love the square emerald, I am trying to decide myself which I like better, the standard or square. Your setting is perfect also! Love the double claw prongs!! Until I saw your e-ring, I wondered what those prongs would like it, and your pic answered my question! So elegant! One question though, have the prongs gotten hung up on anything, or do they set it and smooth the prongs so they don't snag? Dumb question, but just wondering, that is my only concern with the claw prongs. Once again, beautiful e-ring!!

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely adore your ring! Gorgeous setting and stone. It's nice to know that shopping at HW can be such a pleasant experience. I personally have never had a salesperson problem at any of the high-end jewelry stores on Rodeo Drive, and I usually shop in jeans and t-shirts. I'm sorry to hear that other shoppers haven't been nicely treated.
10.gif

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
KBerly:

I, too, was always an emerald fan until I saw an article 3-4 years ago about the Royal Asscher that Reese Witherspoon wears. Of course, I know the differences between a square emerald and a Royal Asscher cut, but they both possess the same two qualities I love: the symmetry and the cut corners! As far as the claw prongs are concerned, I have not had any problem with them catching on anything. They are very dainty and are nearly flush with the table of the diamond so there really isn't any gaps or spaces on which to catch anything.

Hope this helps in your decision!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Harlow, i also had the same Tiffany's experience, when I was dressed up or not. I tend to look young, so I assume they think I have no money (but my fiancee does!
11.gif
)

I have been to the engagement ring section SEVERAl times, and mostly alone, as my fiancee is SO busy! When alone, they made me wait sometimes over 20-30 minutes, completely ignoring me, OR rudely mentionting they were with a customer to a question like, "when you get a chance, may I see..." or "Can you call any available salespeople to help me out?"

I have gotten snapped at, ignored, and just plain rushed. BUT, when I was with my fiancee we were literally saught after, shown every stone we wanted for as long as we wanted, and spoke to very nicely (or at least HE was)...

At Harry Winston, I went alone a few times as well. NONE of that. They ushered me in to speak to a rep, had a lady talk to me for over 40 minutes and answered all my questions. Honestly, a great experience all in all!!

All the best to you both on your engagement and so glad your e-ring story was such a lovely one!!!

By the way, which restaurant did you go to? Any in NYC? I am always getting asked for a romantic one, and I never know beyond the usual. I just tell them "don't know, haven't been to one recently...
cry.gif
"

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
Nicrez:

I know a lot of people who have had similar experiences that both you and I have had at Tiffany's.

The restaurant that we went to was Daniel, which was beatiful and honestly not nearly as stuffy and I always imagined it would be. It had more of a 1950's Casablanca sort of feel to it, not to mention the fact that the service and food were both impeccable. I swear we must have had 4 waiters for our table alone!

They were great though, and very accommodating (which they should be for the hefty price we paid for that meal!)

HQ

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Wow...an HW at Daniel. Isn't that every NYC gal's dream? He did good!
love.gif

I was at Daniel only once, for a corporate dinner. Trust me, I was impressed by every detail, I was afraid of looking out of place!
6.gif

Yes, it's a bit stuffy, and not like an Asia De Cuba or Lucky Chengs!! But, if your wallet can handle it, the cuisine there is divine as are the surroundings and atmosphere is SO posh and so close to the park and all...*SIGH*

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
Yes, he did do well. The final kicker, and icing on the cake, was the fact that he had this beatiful dress waiting for me--one that I had seen in Hugo Boss over a month ago but couldn't justify purchasing. Apparently he went back the next day and bought it and held on to it for the occasion.

I am a very lucky woman. Rest assured, I had to kiss a lot of frogs before I found my prince! And now, knowing whom I've ended up with, I would've kissed a thousand more if it meant deserving my guy in the end!

HQ

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmmm Asia de Cuba...YUMMY!!!! The one in SF is amazing!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, kissing frogs is tough. Same here...I like my prince, he's "special", but I am still training him on the spotenaiety thing. BUT he's doing well so far...

Actually I am the romantic one. I took him to Asia De Cuba for the first time...he LOVED it!!! (I don't know SF, but I imagine the food will qualify the same as DELISH!) I took him to Barbetta's (NY's oldest restaurant) for a VERY pricey dinner....Well worth it!! I figure I show him the way, and maybe he'll follow...
9.gif
naughty.gif

ClownFishFunk

Shiny_Rock
Wow diamonds and kittens! I can't imagine a better combination.
1.gif

Congrats, and the ring is spectacular!

Nicrez

Ideal_Rock
Hey Harlow....your fiance wouldn't happen to be named The Donald, is he?
naughty.gif
9.gif
(just teasing!)

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks HQ!
1.gif
I feel the same way about the square/Asscher cuts, they possess the same qualities, both beautiful, but I will be happy with anything that resembles an emerald cut (cut well of course
2.gif
) I'll just have to decide on the l/w ratio! Again, after seeing your ring, I am hooked. Just marvelous darling!!
9.gif

diamondluvr

Rough_Rock
WOW! That is an absolute beautiful ring!! Congrats!! Unfortunately, the closest HW to where I live in 6/7 hours away. We were thinking of taking a trip down there to check out the rings and it sounds like it might be worth it. Can anyone give me an idea of what a 2c ring might cost? Ball Park figures of course... we really haven't done too much shopping and I just can't seem to find anything in the stores that's not cheesy!
1.gif

Thanks!

harlowqueen

Rough_Rock
diamondluvr:

Are you talking sticker price or what you'll actually pay? Expect to pay mid-high $20k for a 2 carat F, VS1, which is the lowest quality HW carries.

Hope this helps.

HQ

ttmd

Rough_Rock
Sooo pretty,
10.gif
I think I need some sunglasses!!!! Congratulations, he sounds like a keeper!

KBerly

Brilliant_Rock
Hi HQ!

Did you ever get the specs from your now fiance's house??
9.gif

lislaz

Rough_Rock
!!!THUMP!!!

(sound of Fleece falling over in the brilliance of your ring)

[wakes] Still blinding?? Damn. It's gaw-jus!
2.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 5/20/2004 12:56:59 PM harlowqueen wrote:

diamondluvr:

Are you talking sticker price or what you'll actually pay? Expect to pay mid-high $20k for a 2 carat F, VS1, which is the lowest quality HW carries.

Hope this helps.

HQ----------------

I believe they offer lower qualities than this, as one of the rings from the show "The Bachelor" that was purchased at HW in Beverly Hills was a G, VS1 (2.15 oval).

Good to hear that HW values its (potential) customers, as T & Co clearly doesn't.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 5/20/2004 12:56:59 PM harlowqueen wrote:

diamondluvr:

Hope this helps.

HQ----------------

Hi HQ,

Congratulations on your engagement and future marriage!!!
I think your ring is gorgeous and it is very similar to the ring that I had custom made by Leon Mege. I posted a pic so you could see.

I just wanted to comment on the price because I think that the price you paid, especially coming from HW, was pretty good. I have a 2.03 G VS1 H&A ACA from Whiteflash in the custom setting and I paid in the mid $20K for my total ring ( this includes a discount on the diamond itself). Considering yours was purchased from HW and it is a color grade higher, I had expected it to be much much more.

Again, congrats!!!!
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
appl.gif
2.gif

114_1407 (2).JPG

Trinity29

Rough_Rock
I bought a ring at Tiffany's and had no such experience.
confused.gif
But I live in surburbia, maybe in the larger cities their customer service is varied due to the fact that they probably work on commission? I don't know. I was treated very well and I wasn't dressed to the nines either. I had on jeans and a t-shirt. Mind you I wasn't buying a solitaire either. Just a platinum wedding band.

love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
Your ring is gorgeous! And Harry Winston??!! I think your fiance needs to give my husband some elecution lessons!
snore.gif
He's sooo clueless when it comes to giving jewelry. He doesn't understand about the whole diamond thing. He always makes me feel guilty about my ring....."It's so huge!", etc. But he's a wonderful man other wise. We'll be married 13 years this July...........Good Luck in your future!
appl.gif

jkchan

Rough_Rock
Congratulations on your engagement - wear your ring in good health and best wishes to a happy and wonderful life together.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations on your engagement and on that spectacular ring! (Not to worry - Harry doesn''t mess up settings.)

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that is beautiful!!
30.gif
30.gif

Congrats

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
That is a gorgeous ring! I think I like the square emeralds better than the aschers. Your fiance did a brilliant job and what a romantic date for the proposal. I don''t know a single man in my life who would think to go back and buy the dress for the occassion. That''s really something!

Congratulations on your engagement and your ring.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
WOW WOW WOW!

It is the "Sex and the City" engagement ring right? I could be wrong but I think SJP got one just like it from HW on the show....

YOU ARE VERY LUKCY!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results