shape
carat
color
clarity

Harriet tell us about your trip

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 3:32:00 PM
Author: Harriet

Date: 9/6/2007 10:55:17 AM
Author: Sundial
Harriet I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed your cruise with Oceania! Our cruise was on Regent Seven Seas and we loved it, but I would consider Oceania too if the itinerary and price was right. Interestingly we also missed Portofino although in our case it was because of rough seas. We docked in Genoa instead, but hubby and I had been to Portofino on another trip anyway. What was your favorite port?
Oceania is reasonably priced. But, since their cruises are 2 weeks in length or more, I don''t know where I''ll find the time next. I made some friends who had just done their Baltic cruise. What was Portofino like? My favourite port (I can''t remember its name!) was the one on the Amalfi coast. Was Genoa nice? We spent an extra night at Livorno, where the closes town was Pisa. That wasn''t great, but the ship is just like a floating resort, so it ended up being another resort day!
You must mean Sorrento and I loved it too! Genoa is just a big commercial shipping port, but we ventured out into the lovely countryside. Portofino is one of the most beautiful places that I have ever seen (see photo), but there really isn''t much to do there other than a little shopping and browsing. We''ve docked at Livorno twice. The first time we went to Florence and this time we visited Siena and San Gimiginano (?) and each town was wonderful in its own way.

portofinoboats.jpg

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sundial,
Don''t break my heart! Oh, I could have stayed on that boat for a few more weeks. How''s the Regency food?

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Regent has excellent food, but my favorite thing is the cabins. On their two bigger ships (700 passengers each) all of the cabins have balconies and walk in closets and are very spacious for a cruise ship.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
The staterooms on Oceania are on the small side, or so I''ve heard. But, I didn''t mind because we had a balcony and the rest of the ship was lovely.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Well I may have to give Oceania a try one of these days. I''m so glad that you enjoyed your time on the ship!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 11:31:32 PM
Author: TravelingGal
Seriously woman, how can you go traveling for weeks and not bring back pics?
1.gif

The GBR is wonderful. Just heaven. You must get certified to dive if you aren''t already. I once said to my friends that I''d dive over my dead body. Well, once I had booked the trip, I realized dying in the GBR wouldn''t be that bad of a thing.
Oh my I am dying to go back to the GBR. I agree about the diving, but I only took some lessons on diving in the reef and it was stunning. But snorkling there is fabulous too. HORRIBLE sunburns from that though. And I do NOT burn at all normally. All that middle eastern heritage.

Harriet your trip sounds just great, and I''m so glad you got a chance to get out and ENJOY YOURSELF. And I''m glad your back and can''t wait to see your Leon!
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 11:34:35 PM
Author: Sundial
Well I may have to give Oceania a try one of these days. I''m so glad that you enjoyed your time on the ship!!!
Thanks! It was my first time sailing, so I''m very delighted with how it turned out.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 11:42:33 PM
Author: Gypsy
Oh my I am dying to go back to the GBR. I agree about the diving, but I only took some lessons on diving in the reef and it was stunning. But snorkling there is fabulous too. HORRIBLE sunburns from that though. And I do NOT burn at all normally. All that middle eastern heritage.

Harriet your trip sounds just great, and I''m so glad you got a chance to get out and ENJOY YOURSELF. And I''m glad your back and can''t wait to see your Leon!
9.gif
Thanks, Gypsy. I really needed the break. No news from Leon though.
7.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results