shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo w/o diamonds on band?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys. On this lazy Saturday I''ve been searching PS looking for an example of a halo without diamonds on the band. Does this exist? I could have sworn I saw someone who tried it on here.

The look I''m going for is basically the Winnie or the Fatguy...but with just the halo and nothing else...no diamonds on the band, no diamonds on the prongs. Has anyone ever done anything like this? And do you think it would be easy for Mark to do?

Thanks in advance...

rms

Brilliant_Rock
I know tawn''s ring is like that...it has a plain split shank...gorgeous. I think others are out there too, but can''t find. Should not be a problem to have one made I would think!! Good luck...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the response Rita! I was hearing crickets for a while....lol.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I think they are few and far between. Mine has diamonds on the band.

Anna_Magdalena

Rough_Rock
Hi! My ring is like that - I really love it! I liked the look but it was also cheaper without the diamonds on the band.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/yg-halo.57129/

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!

Granted, I''m hoping to have a cushion with 1-2 pointers...but I''m glad that the absense of the diamonds on the band don''t take away from the gorgeousness of the ring! :)

cellososweet

Brilliant_Rock
i have one! search for mine because i seriously can''t put them up right now. i''ve tried three different times and have gotten an error each time :( sorry.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Gypsy!!!

Wow...what a dork I am... "plain bands with halos" would have been the OBVIOUS thing to put in the search filter! lol

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 8:17:47 PM
Author: cellososweet
i have one! search for mine because i seriously can''t put them up right now. i''ve tried three different times and have gotten an error each time :( sorry.

Cello, it''s not letting me look at your pics either.
7.gif

I think it''s because you linked to photobucket instead of uploading them on here with the "attach file" button.

I''m sad....I wanna see! Can you upload them on here?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a pic of a tacori ring ....(i think this is also the setting cellososweet has)

88413.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If I was getting a round...THAT would be the setting! How gorgeous, yet classic!!!

Siamese Kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I''m pretty sure Ritani makes one, too. I love that look!

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is one of my favorites but I can't remember who posted it. It's a great retrofit that reused the original cathedral and channel set wedding band. IIRC, it's a .5ct center. The custom halo was added to the original cathedral mount. I really like the size of the halo diamonds in relation to the center. I am not a fan of micropave. I like big diamonds that stay where they've been mounted.
9.gif

See Show Me the Ring and maybe the Diamonds Under 1ct threads. Sorry, but I snagged pics and don't know who the owner is.

h456.jpg

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a larger diamond & antique ring. It also has its own thread and is in SMTR. The original pic was called L1010542.jpg. Maybe you can do a search for that image. I am not on high speed Internet and it's (too) tedious to do big searches from this computer.

0542.jpg

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
the custom halo is Metro''s

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/21/2007 10:44:45 PM
Author: luckystar112
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

If I was getting a round...THAT would be the setting! How gorgeous, yet classic!!!

luckystar, tacori makes that setting for a square stone. If gypsy pops back in I''m pretty sure she''s got a pic saved to her hard drive and might be able to post it for you..

i do think mark could make something similar for your stone. also, he has been able to come up with designer settings that aren''t on his website so it might be able to even get you the real tacori and many times buying the real deal is less expensive than a custom job. either way, you''re in great hands with Mark T...

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Adabeta- those are gorgeous!

Mrssalvo- I''m about to look on the tacori sight and see if I can find the square version. So pretty.
Do you think a Tacori setting is less expensive than just having Mark do it? Really? I was thinking that he could just modify the Winnie setting (which is now called Laina for some reason) and have it so that there are no diamonds on the band or the prongs (basket?). I also want to see about getting it in WG or Palladium. I don''t know if he works with any metals other than platinum though.
33.gif
I guess I''m going to have to have my BF call and see. Here''s Winnie''s ring for those that don''t know what I''m talking about. If we can''t afford it (we''re on a very tight budget) then I guess I''m going to go ahead with my original plan for a temp setting and just save save save!!!
21.gif

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
luckystar, i have the square tacori halo with a plain band. here are some pics...

tdiddy tacori.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

I LOVE it. It is so pretty. Will it accomodate a cushion though? It looks like it would only take a princess.
So pretty though.
21.gif

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Tdiddy I love your ring! It looks gorgeous!

I also have a halo with a plane band. My halo doesn''t have diamonds though, it has rubies. Here is the link:
Ruby Halo
I like mine b/c I can place other rings flush against it!

Hope this helps....

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They will make them to order to fit your stone. I have an asscher and they told me it was NO PROBLEM! -- not at Bailey Banks and Biddle though, they lied.

As GOG, they''ll give you the low down, although I didn''t request for the HALO to change shape... as I suspect you would want to... as for clearer pics of it...

Tacori%20Top.jpg

2502PR6_alt.jpg

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
All of those rings are so beautiful!

I was reading info on ERD''s site, and it says that a custom setting takes 3-4 weeks AFTER the CAD is done. So, looks like I will just be getting a temp for now. I wish I could get it all done at once, but we can blame that on my procrastinating BF.
20.gif
lol.

Hopefully I like the temp enough to wear it for a while! I likely won''t change the setting until after the wedding.

tdiddy

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/23/2007 1:18:29 PM
Author: Gypsy
They will make them to order to fit your stone. I have an asscher and they told me it was NO PROBLEM! -- not at Bailey Banks and Biddle though, they lied.

As GOG, they''ll give you the low down, although I didn''t request for the HALO to change shape... as I suspect you would want to... as for clearer pics of it...

ditto to gypsy''s comments - my jeweler said they could do any shape halo as I had considered a Radiant and an EC before my FI decided on a Princess. They are all custom orders technically, so you are looking at 6-8 weeks for the setting to come back from Tacori after you order it either way.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE that Tacori setting!! I tried on the round one and loved it, although it sat up just a bit too high for me.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/22/2007 5:16:52 PM
Author: AdaBeta27
the custom halo is Metro''s
I LOVE Metro''s set
30.gif
36.gif
30.gif

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Both Ritani and Tacori make a NUMBER of settings like that. Check their websites and also local stores that might carry those lines.

And 3-4 weeks for a custom from Mark is only a base estimate, and it often will take longer FYI.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/24/2007 12:22:13 AM
Author: neatfreak
Both Ritani and Tacori make a NUMBER of settings like that. Check their websites and also local stores that might carry those lines.

And 3-4 weeks for a custom from Mark is only a base estimate, and it often will take longer FYI.
Yeah, we''re gonna skip out on getting a setting right now, and just go with a temp...unless my BF wants to surprise me, but we''re kind of on a time crunch. I actually don''t mind a simple solitaire temp setting for now. I actually kind of like them! There just isn''t a setting that I''m in love with enough that I''m willing to sacrifice diamond size/color/clarity for. So I told him to put it all into the diamond and if I want to change it later, than so be it.

But I know that Gary asked my BF about settings...no clue what my BF said.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results