shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo-hunting...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kucinta

Rough_Rock
Lizz - thanks!
21.gif
"kucinta" is actually the name in Malay of Singapore''s love cat - it''s just a common breed of street cat in Singapore (where we''re from)(lots of info if you google it!)

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Love your oval!!! It is so white and pretty. I adore the oval shape diamond. I used to have one, but I sold it and now I wish I had it back! Your post made me miss that stone all over again. Congratulations on a lovely stone and I look forward to seeing the finished setting.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t know how I missed pics of your lovely oval. To me, I think it''s so tall and slender I''d put it in a split shank. You have great taste though, I''m sure whatever you do withit will be gorgeous. Can''t wait to see the finished product, don''t forget to show pictures.

kucinta

Rough_Rock
Beacon, kcoursolle, thanks!
9.gif
kcoursolle - am still considering a split shank too! lol... there''s a Leon Mege spllit shank that I''ll post when I get home (I''m at work now
20.gif
)... but do you think a single skinny shank would make the center "pop" more? I also considered sidestones to add some width, but I think D-F sidestones plus pave would be over our budget.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think thin pave bands (1.3-1.5mm) will make the stone look even larger and fabulous. Keep an eye on widget, she is having a split shank made from leon mege and it should be getting done pretty soon. Her stone is an asscher though, but I can''t wait to see what it looks like.

kucinta

Rough_Rock
The name of this thread doesn't fit anymore... because we decided on a three-stone oval with pears from Lockes!!! My mom, who is here visiting, came with me to Michael C Fina because athough we were almost ready to order the Michael B Trois (after lots of emails to a very patient Bill Pearlman) I still had a niggling feeling that I wanted sidestones. She persuaded me to try a three stone (RB with pears) next to the Michael B Trois ring and we could immediately see the difference... the Michael B is stunning in its own way, but really the halo stands out, and I felt like the classic 3-stone would show off the center stone better.

And having admired Matatora's and Sunkist's gorgeous Lockes solitaires, I found THIS on their website!

lockes.jpg

kucinta

Rough_Rock
We went to Lockes this Tuesday and I tried on the AMAZING ring above - it's a 4 ct. oval!!!
30.gif
Both BF and I loved the craftsmanship, the very delicate claw prongs (even on the pears!!) and the way they set the "pointy" ends of the pears - they're set with a tiny bead/prong, rather than the V-shaped piece on the Tiffany RB-with-pears setting. It really showed off the shape of the pears! The Lockes experience was great too - they were really nice and very knowledgeable, got back to my BF very promptly the next day about whether our desired modifications could be done, and really "got" what we wanted (unfortunately didn't have the same experience with Leon Mege!).

Now we need to get our stone insured and appraised (Lockes doesn't insure against damage while setting) and give it to them so they can sketch a design (I wanted something that would fit closer to a w-band, so they said they'd modify the usual basket setting). They work with waxes, so we'll get to see a wax before they go ahead and make the ring. And each of their rings are handmade!
9.gif

So it's finally getting closer!
31.gif

kucinta

Rough_Rock
Just for fun, here''s our new stone perched in the old tapered baguette setting (it turned out quite dark with the flash and our warm indoor lighting... not like the sunlight pics on page 1):

IMGP1875.JPG

Giada

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations on your new oval! They have such personality. (of course I''m biased as I have an oval as well) Everyone always looks at my ring in awe b/c they''ve never seen a diamond in oval shape.

I think you made a wonderful choice with the side pears.

I cannot wait to see the finished product!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That ring is going to be just stunning. Congratulations on picking out a stone and a setting. Your oval looks just GREAT. Don''t forget to post pictures when it''s done.

kucinta

Rough_Rock
SH, Giada - thanks!!
9.gif

Giada - I LOVE your ring, it''s one of the ones I saved on my computer to drool over!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love the new stone and setting!! I can''t wait to see it when it''s all done!!!!
2.gif

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 8:12:08 PM
Author: kucinta
I was also considering a Leon Mege (I still am!) But today I grabbed a bridal mag at lunchtime and happened to see a gorgeous Doron Isaak ring on the back... I''d never heard of Doron Isaak before. So I went straight back to my desk and searched PS for Doron Isaak haha. But the only post I found was this one. There weren''t too many pictures on other sites either. This is from his Unity Collection (posted by Matatora):
ooohhh.. I LOVE THIS ONE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results