shape
carat
color
clarity

Halo Help for 2.09 OMC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kathleenmv

Shiny_Rock
Oh I loooooooove that direction, especially the first one. Beautiful!!!

Reminds me a tiny bit of a ring at Nelson Rarities that I''d been coveting. If you go to their website (their name + .com) and click "rings" on the first page, it''s #30.

Anyway, I think the settings you posted would be gorgeous with your new stone!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I also think it will be gorgeous!! Please keep us updated with lots of pics! I actually remember seeing that setting before and I also really like it. :)

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
I love the new direction! I prefer the second/lower one too!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I LOVE the first one!! What a great fine!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, that stone is GoRgEoUs!!! I can''t wait to see that baby set! K with strong blue, ROCK ON!

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 12:18:02 PM
Author: ericad
Lorelei, talk about halo OVERLOAD! Thanks for the link! This one jumped out at me immediately!

I like this one, its simple, beautiful and classic.
1.gif

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the one that has the main stone set lower. Love the top view.
9.gif

Do you like the stone?

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Erica,

Where did you find this setting?

r9026bhiuhou.jpg

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
How much longer do we have to wait to see this beauty?

DKS

KittenKat

Shiny_Rock
I love your new direction! Your ring will be gorgeous, I cannot wait to see photos!

BTW - I''ve used Maytal too! She is AWESOME! I adore her :)

Good luck with your upcoming setting!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Stonehunter, yes the diamond is AWESOME! I love it. I''ll try to post some good pics soon! The color is just what I hoped - warm but facing up with more of a peachy warmth than a yellowish warmth, if that makes any sense. The clarity would have been VVS1 were it not for a small chip on the girdle, so I''m very pleased with that.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
vintagebling, I got that off the doyle & doyle site. I believe it''s in their list of current rings for sale (rather than sold rings), but I''m not positive. But it was definitely from Doyle & Doyle! Isn''t it cool?

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks! It does face up very white but with wonderful warm colored flashes. The side shot shows a lot of color but in person, it''s not as saturated as in the pic. I was taken on a stark white sheet of paper on my kitchen counter (with yellow walls) under halogen lighting, but quite dim. Of course it does have color from the side, it''s a K after all, but it''s a very pretty soft yellow tint.

vintagebling

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic stone!! It is my favorite antique cut stone I've seen online
3.gif
(hope mine doesn't get jelous
2.gif
).

Can't wait to see it in its setting! Are you going for Platinum or WG?

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Oh my stars, ericad, the profile shape of that stone is AMAZING and it faces up sooooo gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Mmmmmmmmm!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
That stone is such a knockout. That face up is TDF!

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yes, I feel very lucky to have found it and at a phenomenal price to boot! It''s with Ari as we speak. His cutter wil re-polish the diamond on Monday/Tuesday to repair 2 small (but noticeable to the naked eye) chips and to give it a general spiffing up as the facets are all a tad dulled - should give it that extra little oomph, though it certainly doesn''t lack sparkle as-is!

He''s then going to set it into my final choice setting (see below) and I should have it back in 4-5 weeks (an ETERNITY!) Ari has a gorgeous bezel set band that matches very nicely, so I''m considering that also :) The ring will be handmade in platinum using all antique side stones - AMAZING!

EDSINGLESTONE_white_5x5_greys 2.jpg

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
UPDATE!

Latest word from Ari is that the OMC survived the re-polish with almost no weight loss, with a finished weight of 2.06 (formerly 2.09). No re-cutting involved (God forbid!), just polishing out the small chips/abrasions and giving the entire stone a nice spiffing up. YAY!

3 more weeks for the completed ring...must be patient, must be patient...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hooray! I can''t wait to see the completed ring! It''s going to be TO DIE FOR! I''m playing the waiting game right now, too...it''s soooo hard!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love love love your stone and the repolish is fabulous! I also ADORE the final setting choice. It''s a STUNNING setting. I''m seriously drooling just thinking of it. Can not WAIT to see the completed set ring!!

thumbelina

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely adore the setting you decided on... I cannot wait to see the final product!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results