shape
carat
color
clarity

Halloween Inspired - Ghosts, Real or Imagination?

Real or Imagination?

• Real

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
Thoughts? Stories? Theories?

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely real. No doubt in my mind about it.

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!
I love threads like this. Please share your scary ghost stories everyone!!!!

Remember how scary that other thread was? I wanna say it was last halloween, but I participated in it and I don''t think I was an active poster back then. Let me see if I can look it up....

34.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Totally real. We have 2 presences in our house that we attribute to TJs grandparents. Scares the bejeesus out of me sometimes.

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2007 6:19:46 PM
Author: luckystar112
Here it is...

this thread STILL gives me chills.
32.gif

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/can-people-be-haunted.61381/
Gee, thanks Luckystar...here I voted that I think this is all imagination, but I start reading this thread, and all of a sudden being alone in my apartment with FI out of town, about to go to bed, and I am all freaked out!
2.gif
It doesn''t help that our walls are paper thin, so we hear every noise our neighbors make. Usually they''re easily distinquished...Oh, that''s the kids to the left playing on the steps, Oh, that''s the righty''s making dinner. But now every thump sounds foreign! And my scaredycat dog just ran up and down the stairs for no reason and stood there looking through the railing at me, like she was possessed. Doesn''t look like I''m getting to sleep tonight!

blingergrrrl

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll let you know, I''m supposed to go on a ghost tour of haunted places in my home town on Oct 29...
face7.gif

oshinbreez

Brilliant_Rock
Real...no doubt.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My mom always said she had a ghost in a house when she was growing up. The lights would push (yes, the old push switch) on and off. She saw a man wondering down the long lane to her house on several occasions. Doors would slam, cold spots would move in the house. She attributed it to her parents flushing some previous owner''s ashes into the cistern. I never really thought much about it.

But, one day I was helping a lady clean out an old house she was buying. It''s actually listed on the National Register of Historic Places now. Anyway, I was walking down the stairs which faced out a door to the porch. I was carrying a large item so I wasn''t fully aware of my surroundings. I saw movement and looked up. There was a man walking by the door to the porch. I assumed he was walking on the outside of the door. I yelled to the lady that her father had arrived (although I had never met him) because she had been expecting him. She went to another door where he should have been by then, but no one was there. I described the man I saw to her. She went and got a photo album of original pics of the house. Standing right there, front and center, was the man I saw by the door. His name was Charles. From that day on, I''ve believed that there are ghosts/presences/spirits/whatever. I was never afraid and continued to work for her for 4 years. We restored everything to original(ish) condition and then had it registered. I know that others have claimed to see him, too.

This reminds me of a story about my mom. Maybe I should have put it on the siblings thread. My mom was terrified of vampires as a child. (this was in the "haunted" house) She was so afraid that she had her bed in an alcove of the room her and her sister shared. she hung a cross over her bed, slept with a silver cross necklace, and tied a towel around her neck every night. She would wait until her older sister was asleep and then sneak over to her bed and expose her neck. That way if a vampire came in, he would most assuredly choose the tempting neck.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
As you can see from the post before- totally real!!! I saw "it" again a few nights ago.
32.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just read the post about TG''s trip to Ireland. Holy crap was that story freaky!! And I''m home alone tonight too! Jeeze, why do I read these things?

TG, if you read this, have you ever found out who that guy was? Did you make up the part about him being the innkeeper''s derranged son?

luckystar112

Ideal_Rock
I''m not TGal, but I think I remember her saying that the part about the deranged son was not real. She added it as a sort of sarcastic "flowers in the attic" reference to explain why the lady was being so rude to her at breakfast the next morning. I think tgal was under the impression that the lady thought she had let the guy in herself.

Did I get that right tgal?
33.gif

nytemist

Brilliant_Rock
Most certainly real. Maybe I talked about it that original thread, but there is a presence in my house (that I grew up in) Since childhood there have been tons of times that doors open and close, lights come on in a room that no one is in. Sometimes certain rooms are much, much cooler than the others, even in summer. Most telling is hearing the footsteps. There are two staircases in the house and a couple of times a week you can hear the steps creaking descending from the third floor to the foyer and into the kitchen, or ascending back up to the third floor.

Over the years though, the only people to ever really see anything were my dad and my younger niece. It happened to both of them while sitting in the living room. From my dad''s chair, you can look into what we call he game room (pool table, dart board) Dad wa sitting watching tv, it was just getting dark and he saw a shadow pass in front of the window. He thought it was my mom, but she was upstairs at the time. Same scenario with my niece. She was visiting for the weekend and was going out with her mom(my sister) and my mom. They were both upstairs and no one else was home (my dad had passed by this time) She heard a sound in the kitchen looked up and saw a shadow round the corner. Scared her so bad that she now will not stay in the house by herself. I''ve told her millions of times that it''s a friendly presence; never bothered me whenever I was in the house alone. But there are times you can stand at the stove or the sink and feel that someone is standing behind you. I''ve started talking, thinking one of my parents or sisters are standing there but I''m alone. It''s something about the kitchen! My mom has gone in the pantry to get a pot or something, leave the room, then come back and find that it moved or is back in the pantry. She thought she was crazy, this was before I was able to convince my parents that we had a ghost. You know how children ''pick up'' on these things and I''d felt it for years.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results