shape
carat
color
clarity

Halloween Costumes for Couples

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Since October is almost here I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your ideas for couple''s costumes.

Last year I made myself a Little Bo Peep costume and poor FF got to be my sheep but I really don''t plan on embarrassing him that way again. His friends never let him live it down even though he was a very cool sheep- at least I thought so.

I am OK with the sewing machine (I made the Little Bo Peep costume from a pattern last year) so I am open to suggestions that involve more than glue gun and stapler to hold everything together.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

lbp and sheep cropped.jpg

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
FFI and I were just talking about this last night....I was thinking Lucy and Ricky Ricardo....but I have no clue.....we are kinda at a loss...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have mentioned this for a woman before, but I just think it''s so darn clever, and cheap! You simply wear a slip (black would probably be best) with "Freudian" written across it. Get it?
9.gif
And he could be Freud!

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
What about Buttercup & Westley from the princess bride? He could always do the dread pirate roberts thing (all black with a mask), which is pretty manly.

I''m impressed your DH will dress up! My guy hates halloween.
7.gif

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:11:48 AM
Author: ladypirate

I''m impressed your DH will dress up! My guy hates halloween.
7.gif

It took a little coaxing to even get him to put on the costume you see in the picture. I had to promise that I wouldn''t make him wear a full head sheep costume thingy (Like a ski-mask thingy with ears attached) and that it wouldn''t be a full lamby suit. I patterned that top out of an old tee shirt of his with the sleeves cut off.

I should also mention that Halloween last year was a mere two months after we started dating. What a sweet, love-struck sucker he was.
2.gif

VictoriaRose

Rough_Rock
I think my FI and I are going as Princess Peach and Mario!

83094-M.jpg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Last year one of my friends and her husband went as Brad and Angelina. Each one had multiple dolls in a snugli. It was pretty funny.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 1:33:30 PM
Author: VictoriaRose
me and my FF were going to be that last year but i ran out of time making them and were gonna do it this year...but now my hair is brown and not blonde...grrrr

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 1:54:52 PM
Author: iluvcarats
Last year one of my friends and her husband went as Brad and Angelina. Each one had multiple dolls in a snugli. It was pretty funny.

We actually thought of this last night! It would be even more appropriate since the birth of their twins. I''m not sure I can pull off Angelina though... I don''t have the lips OR the hair right now.

Date: 9/29/2008 1:33:30 PM
Author: VictoriaRose

We thought of this last year too... I think that could work out pretty well provided I can find a pattern that doesn''t require years of expertise to make the dress. His part would be really easy I can imagine. If I can''t find a pattern for a peach dress I can always go as Luigi.
1.gif

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
I love the mario bros. idea! If we did it, though, I''d probably want to do mario and luigi so I wouldn''t have to be walking around in a short skirt or a ballgown all night!

Sabine

Ideal_Rock
2 years ago DH and I were Gilligan and Mary Ann (very easy costumes) but it worked because my DH is a tad bit scrawny...after seeing yours, this probably won''t work!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 3:57:05 PM
Author: Sabine
2 years ago DH and I were Gilligan and Mary Ann (very easy costumes) but it worked because my DH is a tad bit scrawny...after seeing yours, this probably won''t work!

Short- yes (I''m not wearing heels in that pic0 I''ve got almost 2 inches on him)... Scrawny- definitely not. Especially now since he started going to the gym again regularly. This could still be a cute idea and fairly easy to pull off with some trips to Savers or a good will store.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Clairitek--I just wanted to say that you two look adorable!

I don''t think my hubby would ever wear a matching costume like that. Once I got him to wear a pirate''s costume with me, but that was only because it required very little dressing up.

Love the Mario idea!

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Ooo I want to be Mario and the Princess now!!

My boyfriend wants to be an Indian chief and Indian princess... But that doesn''t include a cute pink dress.. Hmm..

meresal

Ideal_Rock
FI wants to go as Cesar Milan ("Dog Whisperer") and wants me to go as the dog. He thinks it would be funny to "tsst" me in the neck all night...
20.gif
Not happening.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Hubby and I were m&ms one year. He was the yellow peanut one since he''s a bigger guy and I was the sexy green one hehe.

I always wanted him to dress up as a renaissance prince since I have a beautiful ren. gown... he doesn''t like the idea though
7.gif

My suite-mate in college was Adam and Eve. It was a very scandalous costume to say the least! She wore only leaves on her top part and some green boyshort undies with leaves on the bottom. I think her bf ONLY wore a leaf to cover his nether region! They won a costume contest though!

What about sexy little red riding hood and a big bad wolf?
Or the Adams family/munsters?

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 6:57:52 PM
Author: oobiecoo
Hubby and I were m&ms one year. He was the yellow peanut one since he''s a bigger guy and I was the sexy green one hehe.

I always wanted him to dress up as a renaissance prince since I have a beautiful ren. gown... he doesn''t like the idea though
7.gif

My suite-mate in college was Adam and Eve. It was a very scandalous costume to say the least! She wore only leaves on her top part and some green boyshort undies with leaves on the bottom. I think her bf ONLY wore a leaf to cover his nether region! They won a costume contest though!

What about sexy little red riding hood and a big bad wolf?

Or the Adams family/munsters?

I might have done the Adam and Eve idea when I was a freshman or sophomore in college. I had my moments of being a scandalous little tart back in the day.
31.gif
I was a Playboy bunny (the actual bunny, not a busty blonde), a French maid, a school girl, and then a scantily clad cow girl.

I just proposed the Little Red Riding Hood/wolf idea to FF and his reply was "But that will be just like last year!"
8.gif

Thanks for the ideas guys! These are great.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 10:37:48 AM
Author:Clairitek
Since October is almost here I was wondering if any of you would be willing to share your ideas for couple''s costumes.

Last year I made myself a Little Bo Peep costume and poor FF got to be my sheep but I really don''t plan on embarrassing him that way again. His friends never let him live it down even though he was a very cool sheep- at least I thought so.

I am OK with the sewing machine (I made the Little Bo Peep costume from a pattern last year) so I am open to suggestions that involve more than glue gun and stapler to hold everything together.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!
FI and I are going to a costume/murder mystery/ halloween party with a 70''s theme. As soon as we receive our "parts" I''ll post our costumes for you to consider. I am looking forward to this party as I think it will be a blast.

brgirl

Shiny_Rock
My DH and I have done couples costumes a few times...Here are some of the things we''ve been:

-a 50s housewife and husband. I wore this lovely 50s dress and he wore a suit, hat and 50s glasses. I brought rice krispie treats to the party in a casserole dish..

-JR & Sue Ellen from Dallas

And some things we''ve talked about doing:

-A dog who won Best in Show (this is me, the girl..i have a pretty dress and a dog mask + ears I bought at Michael''s one year + I was going to make a medallion that said Best in Show) and he was going to be my ''handler''. His costume is a jacket with patches on the elbows, some funny glasses and a suit. Then, of course, I''d have a dog collar and a leash.

Most of my costume ideas are about me wearing a pretty dress!! And the dog one was MY idea, and I KNOW we''ll get a ton of comments about me being a female dog..

-Brett Michaels and a groupie....yes, we watch Rock of Love..

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Anthony and Cleopatra
Bonnie and Clyde
Danny and Sandy from Grease
Tony and Maria from Westside Story
Bogey and Bacall
Gable and Lombard
Lily and Hermann Munster

I have others but I am blanking now/

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My husband and I went as pirates last year - he in all black with a billowy shirt and me in one of those skanky little dresses. This year we want to go medievil, but not sure yet. There are SO many good ideas. The picture of you two is adorable and I cannot believe you convinced him about the ears lol. My husband would have rather died but it''s so cute!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
My friend and her husband (who is a big guy) dressed up as the Skipper and Gilligan. It was easy and funny.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Guinivere and King Arthur?

Dracula and the girl he loved? (forget her name for the moment?)

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
FI and i made ninja turtles costumes last year. i was michelangelo and he was raphael. it was soo much fun, but i wasn''t trying to win any sexy contest or anything
3.gif
FI was reluctant when i brought up the idea at first, and it was a little tough to get him into the green tights, but he was happy about it in the end!

here we are sparing over the last slice of pizza
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

turtle2ps.jpg

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Dr. Frankenstein and his Monster

A Devil and an Angel

Jeanie and Major Nelson

A Mermaid and a Sailor/Fisherman

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
LA, I love those!

I really like Jeannie and Major Nelson.

What about Bruce Willis and Cybil Sheppard''s characters from Moonlighting, or Pierce Brosnan and Stepanie Zimbalist from Remington Steel or Hart to Hart''s Stephanie (what IS her last name?) and Robert Wagner? Or Mike and Carol Brady? (can you tell I watched a lot of tv as a kid??!!!)

Hera

Ideal_Rock
My friends were a pimp and ho one year. It was really funny! They were a conservative couple too which made it even funnier.

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 12:00:53 AM
Author: mimzy
FI and i made ninja turtles costumes last year. i was michelangelo and he was raphael. it was soo much fun, but i wasn''t trying to win any sexy contest or anything
3.gif
FI was reluctant when i brought up the idea at first, and it was a little tough to get him into the green tights, but he was happy about it in the end!

here we are sparing over the last slice of pizza
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif

OH....MY....GOSH!!! That is soooo funny and sooo cute! What a good idea!
I wonder if I could get hubby to be Batman and Robin with me??? I used to love batman and ninja turtles hehe.

What about something like a soldier/navy boy and his 40s style girlfriend?
Danny and Sandy from Grease?

mimzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/30/2008 1:04:39 AM
Author: heraanderson
My friends were a pimp and ho one year. It was really funny! They were a conservative couple too which made it even funnier.

better yet, a ho and a cop!

thanks oobiecoo!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/29/2008 11:36:34 PM
Author: MonkeyPie
The picture of you two is adorable and I cannot believe you convinced him about the ears lol. My husband would have rather died but it''s so cute!

I was originally going to cover one of his baseball caps in the faux lamb skin and add ears but that didn’t pan out so in a panic at the last minute I made those little guys and attached them to leftover elastic from my costume. They worked out really well but he got harassed a LOT walking down Main St where all the bars are in our grad school/college town. I did my best to not “herd” him with my shepherd’s crook.
11.gif

Date: 9/30/2008 12:00:53 AM
Author: mimzy
3.gif

I really like this idea too! I can''t wait to show FF all of these ideas. Since most of the people at the party we will probably go to are from the TMNT generation I think that they would find this concept very entertaining.

Date: 9/30/2008 2:51:08 AM
Author: oobiecoo
What about something like a soldier/navy boy and his 40s style girlfriend?

Another cute idea. Oooh so many fun ideas to choose from.
36.gif
I think that this idea or the Marianne/Gilligan idea would be easy to pull off with a few visits to a thrift store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results