shape
carat
color
clarity

Had to share my little set

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
I found this site too late to use in the purchasing of my rings, when I was shopping for stud earrings. But inspired by all of your beautiful pictures, I just had to take and share my own.

My ering stone is quite small by the standards of this forum, but I haven''t seen anything quite like my settings on this board, so thought you may enjoy a look!

In the beginning, there was just my ering:

Ring Pictures 042.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
And at an angle:

Ring Pictures 010.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Then along came my band:

Ring Pictures 027.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Here they are together. My ering is a split bezel Toni Cavelti in 18k white gold. The stone is a mere .26 in size, but F colour and very sparkly - I get comments from strangers about its sparkliness!

The band has 7, 7 point stones set into the band in an unusual bar setting, where the bars have been created out of the band itself.

Ring Pictures 031.jpg

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are beautiful! I love the split bezel setting!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Another pic

Ring Pictures 039.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
here you get a good view of the profile of the band

Ring Pictures 016.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
I have another month before I actually will be wearing my band, and I am not sure the best way to position it. I have fatty fingers with narrow knuckles, so my rings don''t twist at all. I like the look of wearing the ering stone aligned with one of the bars, like this:

Ring Pictures 020.jpg

omieluv

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! :)

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
But I am concerned that this way the stones will rub on the ering, the two rings "fit" together perfectly when a band stone is aligned with the ering stone like this:

Ring Pictures 021.jpg

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Here are another couple, which will hopefully have better detail. I was pretty happy with my shots, but by the time they are sized down to fit the upload limit, they seem to loose a lot!

Rings123.JPG

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/24/2007 2:13:07 PM
Author: saltymuffin
But I am concerned that this way the stones will rub on the ering, the two rings ''fit'' together perfectly when a band stone is aligned with the ering stone like this:
I like it better this way
9.gif

And you have a very pretty set
30.gif
!!! We love all sizes of sparklies around here!!!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
This one shows the profile of them nicely. Ignore the dust!

Rings234.JPG

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for your comments! Now that I have figured out how to post clearer pictures, I would love to repost all of the pictures, but I think you get the idea.

I think I will wear them "stones aligned", I don''t want to risk any scratching.

I wanted a very simple ering, nothing fussy and fell in love with this split bezel. It took quite a bit of hunting to find a wedding band that I wanted to go with it. I strongly considered a 7 stone bar set alternating baguette/round band. It worked with the ring, but was much more formal looking. In the end I am really happy with the pair. The stones in the band add a huge amount of sparkle to my finger, over the ering alone. And I really like the look of the band alone.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
What a gorgeous set! Both the ering and band are very unique and LOVELY. I have never seen anything quite like them, especially the band, I love the combo! And your stone is a firecracker!!!!!!!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Here is one last closeup picture of the ering setting:

zeering3.JPG

nessvan12

Shiny_Rock
Very pretty set! I havent see one like it before

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, your set us absolutely lovely! Thanks for sharing!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
such a lovely set...the rings compliment one and other so well...thanks for sharing..

angeline

Ideal_Rock
I love this! So elegant and unusual and beautiful. I really love the semi bezel set and also the way the stones are held on the band. They go together perfectly. Your stone looks really big in that setting.

Yum!

Do you have a website for the designer that didf your e-ring? I would like to see more! thanks,

a

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set and sooooooooooooooooooo sparkly.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Very lovely - congrats!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Your rings are very pretty! I love the sparkles everywhere and the setting is so lovely!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Those last few pictures just took my breath away! Your "little set" has a big impact and your rings are both just lovely. Thanks for sharing!

saltymuffin

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the kind comments - it is quite exciting to share these with all of you who appreciate such things! I really can only show them to uninterested friends so much before they think I''m insane!

When I discovered this site, I did all sorts of searching to try to find something similar to my wedding band to determine what the setting would be called, and I didn''t find anything the same. It definitely isn''t common.

Toni Cavelti is a Canadian designer with his main store in Vancouver. He doesn''t seem to have a website (which is odd, he is a pretty big Canadian name), but he does sell some items through Birks (the big Canadian jeweler) - although much of that seems to be mens jewelry.

I didn''t mention that the stone in my ering is a Canadian diamond, Cavelti uses Canadian stones in much of his work.

I am currently loving another Canadian jewelry designer, Anne Sportun, based in Toronto, and am itching for one of her diamond pendants. She has some unique designs which she sells at various places including www.sundancecatalog.com. She DOES have a website, so feel free to check that out for a bit of eye candy: www.annesportun.com

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Saltymuffin:

You ring is beautiful!

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Your set is awesome! Very unique! I agree with the other maybe your stone could be considered small by some standards but it looks gorgeous! I don''t care what size it is, a well cut and sparly diamond always looks so gorgeous!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty set!

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Saltymuffin, your set is beautiful and very elegant!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results