shape
carat
color
clarity

H&A and NonH&A''s--advice needed!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Hey everyone
Im really hardpressed for money right now
15.gif
, and i was wondering what you guys thought about this.
Does non H&A''s (still ideal cut though) sparkle and just as brilliant and the H&A''s? Or does H&A = brilliance? I know there is a markup when choosing H&A''s and I would really like to get a carat for 3k around an SI1, H or I- and with those specs, H&A''s are out of the question. I just dont want to sacrifice brilliance and fire, and i just wanted to know if nonH&A''s can compete with H&A''s performancewise? And how would a VG in polish and symmetry effect brilliace--compared to EX in both categories? I know this may be splitting hairs, but its crunch time, and I will be choosing a diamond within a few months. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
yea, I guess i did, I forgot. .

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2005 7:10:31 PM
Author:Daniel B
Hey everyone
Im really hardpressed for money right now
15.gif
, and i was wondering what you guys thought about this.
Does non H&A''s (still ideal cut though) sparkle and just as brilliant and the H&A''s? Or does H&A = brilliance? I know there is a markup when choosing H&A''s and I would really like to get a carat for 3k around an SI1, H or I- and with those specs, H&A''s are out of the question. I just dont want to sacrifice brilliance and fire, and i just wanted to know if nonH&A''s can compete with H&A''s performancewise? And how would a VG in polish and symmetry effect brilliace--compared to EX in both categories? I know this may be splitting hairs, but its crunch time, and I will be choosing a diamond within a few months. Any advice is GREATLY appreciated!!!!
i don''t think so
20.gif
not for 3k.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You''ll have to add some moohlah to your budget to get to the 1 carat mark. Sad but true...
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
1.03 J I1 H&A

How about this one from Good Old Gold? It''s listed at $3486 with the bank wire discount.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Nice find Jelly!!! That''s a very nice stone Daniel!!!
2.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
That is very nice, Thanks Jel! But it looks like im gonna have to get something smaller or a NonH&A. I was so set on something nice and big, but a 5000 dollar debt coupled with student loans didnt seem like a good idea right outta college. We have 3k in hand, so we''ll pay with that and UPGRADE when we''re a little bit more successful. Thanks everyone!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Buy from a vendor that will allow you to trade in your stone for an upgrade. I know WF and GOG has that policy. Why not look for something that just misses the one carat mark. As in .90, etc... Close to what you want without the premiuim of a one carat stone. Good luck
1.gif

Daniel B

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Ka, Im goin with GOG and Jon has been very good to me. He does upgrades, and youre right, we''ll probably go with a .90-- cant tell the dif anyway
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cool, don''t forget to post pics!!!!
9.gif

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
I have a .83 carat Ideal cut from James Allen and honestly the FIRST thing everyone notices is the sparkle. This thing sparkles like no other......I get distracted doing all sorts of things cause i''m glancing at my gorgeous ring hahaha. No matter what lighting i''m in the thing is off the hook when it comes to that. Also even though it''s under a carat, when people look at it i''ve been asking them how big they think it is. Almost everyone has said they can''t believe it''s under a carat. When you get a well cut diamond it can look bigger than what is carried in general at like a mall store.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results