shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess who is going to get something very special?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock

ME!

Good evening to all!

Some of you already know me, however, most of you don’t and I have been a lurker here for almost 2 yrs. I have been passionately reading and learning as much as I can. I have and continue to enjoyed myself daily with this forum!

35.gif

I first want to say “Thank you” to all the wonderful people here on this forum who have not only taken the time to answers questions, as well as, giving their personal opinions, advice and valuable past experiences.

36.gif

Vendors and consumers alike

12.gif
, you all have helped many of us potential and perspective naive diamond buyers essentially to be educated, and be armed with powerful knowledge to make the best decision possible to get the most for our hard earned $$$ whether we lurk or post. [$$)]

Secondly, (taking a deep breath) I am finally taking the plunge into a sea of glistening diamonds! Yes, I am getting the real deal! Shazzzam!

30.gif

DH and I couldn’t afford a real diamond when we married, so we put a beautiful H&A cut sim into my setting (Thanks Wink!) knowing that we would have to save for a little while to be able to get the real thing. Well, to make a long story short, my ring setting and sim had an accident with a steel door while I was trying to save a young boy from hurting himself and going to heaven. So, DH said that it was time to get a real diamond, and replace the setting. So, with a very small budget I will be getting something very special! Something very wonderful! Something very sparkly!

I will post what info I have on the diamond below. I am so excited!

10.gif

Have a wonderful evening to all!
Mrs Darlin Joy

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the GIA cert:

GIA CERT joy1.JPG

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the pic:

72 J SI1 Picture.JPG

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh it's a WOW!!! Good for you, can't wait to see some hand pics of this beauty!!!
30.gif
36.gif

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Congratulations Mrs. Joy - you good samaritan!
How are you going to set it?

Scintillating...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations, Mrs. Joy....for the new treasure, and for finally coming out of lurkdom!

Have you decided yet how you''re going to set it?

widget

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the light scope:

lightscopeanalysis joy1.JPG

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a wonderful story Widget and how lucky that young boy was to have you there. Your diamond should sparkle like a beacon of light and of course you are required to post many pictures when you have it.

Congratulations!

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow!!! Congratulations, your diamond is GORGEOUS
30.gif
30.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the Opt Cut:

OPT CUT ANALYSIS joy1.JPG

crafftygrrl

Shiny_Rock
What a great diamond!!!

Thanks for a wonderful story.

I believe there is Karma in life,,,good deeds, (though they are their own reward too) lead to good things.

This a case in point. Congratulations. Can''t wait to see the setting,

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
And this awesome BSCOPE!
30.gif

bscope joy1.JPG

princessv

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Congratulations enjoy your new ring and wear it in good health
36.gif
and crafftygrrl definitely has a point about karma!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrates!!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
How exciting for you! That diamond looks like a real stunner!!!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is the sarin:

SARIN joy1.JPG

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks kaleigh

I think it is going to be a wow too!

We are in the process of securing the $$ to send to Jonathan at GOG!

I am so excited!
9.gif

bstraszheim

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, that is so great for you that you will be able to get your diamond! I am thankful that you were there for the boy, as his parents must be as well. The diamond looks stunning. Congratulations and hope to see hand pics when you get it.

I wish you well,

Bridget

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Scintillating

I don''t know what I am going to set it in yet. I will not have a huge budget for the setting, so I will need to consider that while I look.

As far as a good samaritan, I think anyone else would have done the same thing. When you are put in a situation and it''s not favorable, you just instinctly do the right thing.

35.gif

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, congratulations, your diamond will be very beautiful! And you deserve every bit of it.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi widget!

Yes, I am glad that I have come out of "Lurkdom"!

I actually had to figure out my computer and fix a few things so that I "could" post here (Thanks Lenoid).

As for settings, I am on the search for a setting now. Jonathan will hold the diamond until I get one, and then they will set it.

Happy me!
35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Rod & Rascal49!

I think it will sparkle like a beacon! If the Bscope is anything like the stone, I am going to be jumping up and down.

I think the diamond will be gorgeous!

35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Crafftygrrl, Princessv, Strmrdr & Sundial!

Thanks for all your nice replies! I am thrilled!

I would not have been able to do this without all of you here helping others.
36.gif

And, I would not have been able to get this stone without someone else "very special" at Good Old Gold!
28.gif
Jonathan is a sweetheart!
9.gif

35.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Bridget S!

I am glad I will have a real diamond. It just wasn''t feasable to have one before. Other priorities and all. I knew someday I would have one. I wish that the accident part didn''t happen though. I really would have waited otherwise.

The young boy happens to be my husbands son. He was abused prior to my husband getting full custody, and he has alot of psych. issues & concerns. It is very sad to see a young''in see no hope for the future. It is really sad for a parent to admit to themselves that they no longer can help their child, and have to have professionals step in and help him. Just really sad.

35.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a special surprise. The diamond looks gorgeous. Can''t wait to see what setting you choose.

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Mrssalvo!

It is a very nice surprse indeed!
9.gif
I am very surprised and delighted to say the least at how fast "sweet" Jonathan was able to find a glistening diamond with spec''s that look awesome!
18.gif
Swifter than you can say "Voila!" he had the diamond in his hot hands! Not only did he kindly hold my sweaty hands
19.gif
as I nervously paced back & forth, Jonathan answered all of my questions, yes ... even the silly ones with respect and enthusiasm!
12.gif
What is more amazing is that Jonathan was able to find an incredible diamond with awesome optics and came in under my tight/small budget!!
30.gif

I have butterflies!

35.gif

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
it looks very lovely, and by no means, would i say that is small!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is going to be one incredible diamond!!! Congrats and welcome!
35.gif

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
You are so deserving...congrats...
emlove.gif

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Sophie!

Thank you, I think this diamond will be lovely too!

30.gif
This diamond is about the same size as my sim was (.75). DH and I were saving to have enough $ to get close to 1ct, however, DH doens''t want to wait anymore. He felt sad that he couldn''t afford a diamond when we married, I told him that I didn''t need a diamond ring to marry him, a simple band would be just fine.
13.gif

DH actually went to the mall prior to marraige and put a diamond on his credit card (20% + intrest for $3,000 the diamond was I believe .39 ct and looked as if someone had poured maple sryup on it and it had dried with a hard finish w/ bread crumbs.)

11.gif
DH confessed one day as I was ranting on my soap box while reading and learning about cut, pavilion and table spreads, about how some mall stores will sucker any naive guy into buying a diamond just to sell it. I was talking about diamonds and angles, color, culets, and about certification / grading. I told him that when in fact we were ready to buy that he would let me teach him somethings
12.gif
that I had learned here on PS so that we were informed and could make the best decision possible. That is when he left and came to me and presented a little white box and said, "I really wanted to do this right, but I think I am one of those guys that just got suckered yesterday at the mall!" Needless to say, I cried!
39.gif
This is another story, and luckily he eventually got his card refunded.
36.gif

He still was he** bent on getting a stone

11.gif
, so I talked him into a sim ( I am the practical one)
12.gif
with the notion when the time was right and we could afford one, then he could buy me the real thing as long as I could pick it out and make sure it was a good deal. He happily agreed!
9.gif

DH has been feeling very low lately with all that has happened, and the accident to my ring this last August.

7.gif
DH said that when he looks at my left hand he is reminded that I am not wearing my wedding ring, and that has made him a little blue.
8.gif
I explained to him that I do not need a ring on my finger to be married, and I do not need one on my finger to keep me loyal, and that I still love him and I am ok with it. Yet he still feels really low about it all.

DH said that it would really mean alot to him if we could just find something now that we could afford, a diamond that will still knock my socks off, and not wait till the end of this year to replace. I knew that I could make his wish come true, and later when the time is right, he can always upgrade to the 1 ct range that he originally wanted if needed. So, with a small budget and a green light, I had to use the knowledge that I had gained here to work hard for the $$$ we had.

9.gif

I knew that I would need to deal with a vendor that we could upgrade with in the future if needed. I knew that the vendor would have to be able to furnish me with reports, specs and pics of my future diamond. This vendor would also have to be able to get a Bsope image for me since I am a visual person. I also took into consideration personal feedback and experiences of customers. I knew my future diamond had to #1 have an excellent / ideal cut. I was ok with an SI1 as long as I could not see the inclusion from "face up". As for color, I had seen a few ideal cut H & I''s and they faced up white. I wanted a diamond that had incredible optics! I knew that we would not be able to get close to 1ct. So, if we could get close to the 3/4 ct range that would be excellent. However, with the budget that I had, everything that I saw window shopping online only got me in the .55 - .64 ct range.

I talked with Jonathan
12.gif
and prayed that I had been reasonable with what I was asking for, what I wanted, and was I being realistic with what I could get. I had also discussed how I would go down to a J as long as it faced up with no yellow, and that it sparkled & twinkled if that would get me closer to .75 ct. (Everyone''s post re: color J "Thanks" those threads are priceless!
36.gif
) I can say Jonathan came thru for me! I appreciate all the time he took to help, and also his employee''s!
36.gif
They made scanning, picture taking and report making a priority for me. Wow ... I feel so special!!!
36.gif

I am happy, I am thrilled!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results