shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess what I got? Pretties!! *kind of picture heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In direct sun you can see that sort of haziness that peridots tend to have.

greenindoor3.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tsavvy, I really haven''t posted an entire thread on this sphene yet, though I did on its sister. Its one of the hardest stones to take pictures of as they never come close to what I''m seeing. Many share that same frustration. I''ll certainly try again, but they do take the patience of Job (and a really big memory card!!)

Mr Ma re, I was thinking I could send the peridot to Julia. She does great bezel work so I she''s really my first choice. Mine will be nowhere pretty as D&T''s, but her''s is my inspiration.

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I collected a ton of shells in Nantucket one year, so nice to be able to put them to a little use as props
9.gif

The stone is so big that it will also pick up surrounding colors. I rather like that effect.

crustacean1.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
peridot on wood.

woodindoor1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OOh I love those greens... especially the cushion!!!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!
21.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Arcadian that is beautiful! You have a really good eye for high quality gemstones. Like others I''ve admired your Sphene (and know how impossible they are to photograph)!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/12/2009 1:12:35 PM
Author: Arcadian
I collected a ton of shells in Nantucket one year, so nice to be able to put them to a little use as props
9.gif

The stone is so big that it will also pick up surrounding colors. I rather like that effect.
Okay, that''s the first seashell photo I''ve seen on PS. We have some really creative photographers on this forum!!
9.gif
Great pics Arcadian!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Cushioncutnut and Imdanny
9.gif

TL, I''ve got all kinds of stuff here. Nantucket is a(very expensive) ferry ride away, so we tend to venture out sparingly. Its very peaceful compared to Marthas Vineyard and not as many shell collectors either. That shell was extremely useful that day..lol

LD, early this morning while we still had some sun
20.gif
I took a few more sphene pics. Thats the type of photography that you want to rip your hair out! My G1''s battery bit the dust, so I had to resort to using my Sony Cybershot.

-A

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/13/2009 11:52:36 AM
Author: Arcadian
Thanks Cushioncutnut and Imdanny
9.gif

TL, I've got all kinds of stuff here. Nantucket is a(very expensive) ferry ride away, so we tend to venture out sparingly. Its very peaceful compared to Marthas Vineyard and not as many shell collectors either. That shell was extremely useful that day..lol

LD, early this morning while we still had some sun
20.gif
I took a few more sphene pics. Thats the type of photography that you want to rip your hair out! My G1's battery bit the dust, so I had to resort to using my Sony Cybershot.

-A
Feeling your pain!!!! I gave up with my latest Sphene!!! They're the most joyous gemstones to watch aren't they but OMG I needed serious amounts of blood pressure tablets after trying to capture it's beauty!!! Any chance of sharing your new photos please?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah for sure! I''ll make a new thread though.

-A

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my that cushion is just LOVELY!!!

The round is very nice and will be very cool in a pendant. But the cushion...just great. Congrats!!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
You are getting really good at photography; I see such an improvement from the original pictures. Wow, this new Pakistani stone is so much greener and saturated than the Burmese peridot.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/14/2009 8:33:54 AM
Author: Chrono
Arcadian,
You are getting really good at photography; I see such an improvement from the original pictures. Wow, this new Pakistani stone is so much greener and saturated than the Burmese peridot.
Thanks!

I certainly had a much more cooperative day! Gem photography is way different stuff than landscape and urban photography which I''m used to. Much of the same rules still apply but on a really tiny tiny scale! Once I figured that out, the quality of pictures started to go up.

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results