shape
carat
color
clarity

Guess what I got? Pretties!! *kind of picture heavy*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, one in particular.

We''re having some issues with daylight here so the gem is looking all kinds of ways. I tried going outside (its gusting to 40mph and its 30 degrees so only 2 pics out there)

I''ll start off with a split shot of the gem received versus the vendor pic.

605pperidot3.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The stone is very big, still, I think a ring would be nice. Its also very deep. I already a burmese peridot thats around 5cts. there''s going to be a few pictures with that in there was well.

For now, here''s one of the outside shots. Todays'' weather is no joke! I was only out there 5 minutes and was freezing!

P1010011.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another outside shot. the round is my 5ct burmese peridot.

P1010010.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Inside on the window sill.

P10100566.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry the pics are not coming out all that well. Unfortunately having to deal with sometimes sunny, sometimes not, and shooting in manual mode dosen't always mix! Here's a pic with both stones, you can really see the difference in the color.

The burmese peridot has a pretty bad cut to it, and its definitely more yellow against its pakastani cousin.

P10100044.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
here''s a pic against a leaf.

P1000999.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the bathroom, under incandescent light

P10100299.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Full on sun, I''m not straight on and had to get shots from the side.

Neither stone is dark IRL, just different.

P101004040.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last one! Finally more sunlight!

P101007222.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
I know greens are really tough to photograph, so what is your personal estimation of the color on both?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
In summary, IRL, the stone is very representative of the vendor photo, it was just one of those days where good pictures were not in the cards. I had taken some pictures where it was doing this glowy thing but peridots being what they are, the pic made the stone look greasy. it is what it is.

Its very well saturated, and nary a window in this stone. Its also very very lively IRL. I wish I could get that to display in pictures but I guess not today
38.gif

I think the touch of yellow keeps it from appearing flat. Against yellow gold it appears to pop nicely, but against white gold its quite greyish.

Its definitly a keeper.
21.gif

-A

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 3:32:52 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Arcadian,
I know greens are really tough to photograph, so what is your personal estimation of the color on both?

Tough is not even a word!! Try near impossible!! The pakistan stone is WAY more saturated than the burmese one, its extremely apparent at first glance.

Plus, you can see which one is better cut right off the bat. Personality wise they just feel different, you know?

I do like them both for different reasons though. That burmese peridot I can set in white gold, the pakistani peridot I have to have a gold head for. White gold make it look very gray and unattractive.

-A

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian,
I get so frustrated photgraphing greens. Well, they are attractive stones and will make for nice pieces of jewelry. Looking forward to see how you will set them.
9.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/11/2009 3:27:47 PM
Author: Arcadian
In the bathroom, under incandescent light
I love this picture with the gems on the leaf, it sort of camaflouges gorgeous!

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
Wow I love your peridots, my favourite photo is both gems on the leaf.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks D&T and LG! I''m extremely happy the new and old stones for every different reasons.
Those lights are the best in the house for gemstones. When I got the stone, the first thing I did was put it up against that leaf. Its amazing how it blended in.

Unfortunately I have laryngitis but if I had a voice I would have been screaming! To me, that leaf represents the perfect peridot color.

The cutting is amazing on the pakistan peridot. I''ve already kinda sorta ordered a setting.
4.gif
We''ll see what it looks like when it gets here.

The round is a stone that I didn''t pay a lot for some years ago. Its still quite nice but finding what I wanted to do with it was another story. Being its a 10mm round , maybe a pendant? I don''t want anymore round rings for a while.

-A

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous stone! I have a nice peridot, but not as large as yours. It''s really difficult to get good shots of it. Well done, your photos are beautiful.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
It looks great! How will you set it?

Lovinggems

Ideal_Rock
You''re setting it in a ring right? I was going to set it as a pearl enhancer, just giving you another idea in case your ring setting didn''t work out.
9.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
WOW! I love your peridots!
30.gif

The leaf shot (in the bathroom) is so cool.
36.gif

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Peridot is my birthstone:) I like the color! How would you set it?
21.gif

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty stones.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LG, I think the round will be a much better pendant. It will certainly have a halo of some type, even if its metal.

I want the cushion where I can see it!

Thanks Gailey. Its nice to know I''m not the only one with green issues. I tend to shoot in manual which can sometimes mean that on crap days like today, the colors are just horrible. I hate shooting auto because the colors are even worse!
I''m going to wait a few days for a decent sunny day and see what I get from that.

Dreamer an Chictomato, DEF a ring for the cushion. All the glowiness I see IRL is amazing. 18K Yellow gold head with a halo is for sure and i''m working on that as we speak. Now thats going mean that ring will have some hella coverage, but I''m ok with that
2.gif

thanks Blithesome and oddoneout! That particular plant in my home is the marker for green peridot. its not such an impossible green to reach but its definitly a deep green with that little touch of yellow. I can''t wait to have it set!!
36.gif

-A

mochi

Ideal_Rock
So pretty.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Yummy peridots! I particularly like the cushion. One can never have too many green stones
21.gif
21.gif
21.gif
Is there a thread on the luscious sphene in your avatar?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I really like your bathroom leaf picture and sunlight picture! Hope you get to take some more sunlight pics soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. Great color!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
You got a very nice one indeed, but then, you can hardly go wrong with a Pakistani peridot!

P. S. I''d consider a bezel for the round (if you have a skilled jeweller nearby), to try to make it a bit darker. Pendant sounds nice.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for being so gracious! Yesterday really was a terrible day for pics. Today however was another story.

Guess what I got? A Fire Shot!!
36.gif

greenfireshot.jpg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The colors from today are much more consistent and you can now see what I'm seeing from shot to shot, Thanks for all your patience
12.gif

These are all indoor shots, I'm not going to attempt an outdoor shot until this dreaded cold goes away.

greenindoor2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results