shape
carat
color
clarity

got the ring--need feedback!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
It''s a little hard to tell from pics but the sapphires look a little dark and not very lively to me. Sorry.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There''s one more option (maybe). I don''t know who the 1st ring is from, but you can call them and ask if it''s available with slightly lighter sapphires. Just a thought!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Definately get the one you like best. My band was 1K at a B&M and it looks to be about the same carat weight as yours, so the price sounds reasonable.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I too think you should get the one that sings to you. I think you are responding to the lack of quality rather than the color per say. Perhaps the more expensive one that you love has better cut and polished stones and you are picking up on that. Personally I dont love dark saphires, but it is just my opinion.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The only jewelry purchases I have really regretted were when I settled for lower quality than I really wanted. It sounds like the other ring has better quality overall, so in that case, the cost is worth it. I also have a dark blue sapphire ring, and those stones are generally not as desirable as those with a more blue appearance.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
On second thought, that new band looks horrible. Get the other one.
2.gif

I agree with the others. Never settle. Hope you get the discount and if not, save the money and next thing you''ll know, you''ll be wearing the other band and enjoying it for years to come.
1.gif

Cachette

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I think the ring you have is lovely, but I also think you need to get the one you love.

And when you do, PICTURES, PLEASE!!!
36.gif

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
Katiedid, there''s not much point in getting jewelry you don''t LOVE. Return this one whose stones are so dark that it seems to be creating little black holes of darkness and get the one that makes your heart sing.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
That ring is pretty, but I agree with everyone else who said you should get the one you love. I hope Fink''s can do something for you...I''ll be keeping my fingers crossed! If not, I would still return this ring and keep saving for the one you love. It doesn''t seem like *that* much more money for what sounds like a higher quality piece.

You could also try to order the same style band from a different online vendor than the vendor you got this ring from and see how it compares to the one at Finks.

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
Sapphires come in a wide assortment of colors. All colors but red. All can be beautiful. Inky is still inky ...

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks so much everyone. I''m sending this one back this morning and will wait to hear if the B&M calls me, and if they don''t, I''ll have to decide when I can get it at the full price. Hopefully soon!

And you know -- "inky" is a very good description of what the sapphires looked like to me. In some of the photos I posted, they look kindof sparkly and have that more "electric", really blue tint, but that''s only in the really close up shots. Just looking at it at arm''s length, they were dark in all kinds of light.

I will post my new one as soon as I get it! And I do appreciate everyone''s feedback. My husband thought they looked too dark too, and he is NOT picky about these things, so that made me feel better!

I''ve hyped this new one up so much--I''ll have to be sure to get some awesome shots when I get it to post for all of you!
emteeth.gif

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Oh good. Glad you are getting the one you love!

metro

Brilliant_Rock
I think you made the right choice and I can''t wait to see pictures!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You won''t regret it!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just thought I''d post an update on my ring saga...
emsmile.gif

Finks has miraculously agreed to give me 10% off to make it "worth my while" to purchase from them. Yay! So that will bring the cost of the new ring to just under $900 (I still have to pay tax--bummer!).

I was very surprised and told them to please put it aside for me and that I will come get it in the next few days. I sent the other ring back to Hartgem but it will take 5-10 business days to get there via registered mail, so my refund on it may be 3 weeks away! Guess I''ll put the new one on a credit card temporarily until I get the refund $ back into my checking account.

I''ll keep everyone who''s interested posted and send photos soon!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Yea! That is awesome that you get a discount too! Woohoo!

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/24/2008 11:40:49 AM
Author: katiedid
Just thought I''d post an update on my ring saga...
emsmile.gif

Finks has miraculously agreed to give me 10% off to make it ''worth my while'' to purchase from them. Yay! So that will bring the cost of the new ring to just under $900 (I still have to pay tax--bummer!).

I was very surprised and told them to please put it aside for me and that I will come get it in the next few days. I sent the other ring back to Hartgem but it will take 5-10 business days to get there via registered mail, so my refund on it may be 3 weeks away! Guess I''ll put the new one on a credit card temporarily until I get the refund $ back into my checking account.

I''ll keep everyone who''s interested posted and send photos soon!
Good for you! I''m so glad you did the right thing and are going for the one that "speaks" to you!
36.gif
Can''t wait for pics!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
it''s just meant to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY! I''m so happy they gave you a discount. I agree, it obviously was meant to be. I can''t wait to see it!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay! I was hoping they''d offer you 10% off! Can''t wait to see the new one!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
definitely get the one that you love.For me, the one that you have now I find a bit dark also.I prefer them to be a bit lighter.

Kaitebug

Rough_Rock
I think the ring is lovely, but if you are not over the moon about it...don''t keep it! :) If you like a brighter sapphire, you may want to research Ceylon sapphires They tend to be a littler lighter in color and they flash gorgeous colors, like red and lavender. Also, they tend to have a better color saturation than most "main stream" sapphires. Just a little suggestion. BTW I love your rings!!! They are stunning!

XOXOXO
Kate

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
thanks you guys! I can''t wait to get the new one either. I''m pretty sure it''ll be too big for me so I''ll have to have it sized. Boo. I don''t think Fink''s has an in-store jeweler to do sizing, so they''ll have to send if off. I hope it doesn''t take long...

And thanks Kate for the nice compliment on my rings! I love them and I thought those photos did nothing for them! They are so beautiful in real life, without that weird office lighting (not to mention the fact that they weren''t super-clean).

I plan to go at lunch or after work tomorrow to get my new sparkly. yippee! Boy, I sure hope my refund for the one I returned goes smoothly. We''re in the middle of redoing our kitchen (getting granite countertops, all new stainless appliances, and new recessed and pendant lighting) so my poor credit card is going to be tired... Here''s hoping for a big tax refund!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results