shape
carat
color
clarity

got the ring--need feedback!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hi all, so I ordered the sapphire and diamond band and got it today. I''m in my office so the photos aren''t great--it''s very cloudy today and the lighting in here is awful. (The diamonds in the ring don''t look yellow in real life...).

I think the design of the ring is gorgeous, the stones are beautiful, it seems well made, etc... BUT I have to say the sapphires are darker than I expected them to be. :( I want your honest opinions. I do not want to keep this ring if you all agree with me and also think the stones are too dark. I''m going to go the the B&M where I saw one I loved and see how the stone color compares. I know those were lighter blue. But that ring was also $280 more than this one...

HELP!!!!!

khband.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
one more photo

khband2.jpg

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I like it! Dark, medium, light colors in sapphires are a personal prefernce. I like medium-dark sapphire in rings, which I think your''s borders. I like it a lot!

beau13

Ideal_Rock
I love it, I prefer the darker, richer, intense blues myself. Can you post hand shots of this new ring with your solitaire, and diamond band? Thanks. I would keep it, it''s fabulous!

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
I love the darker blues in sapphires; and never really cared for the bright electric blue of some sapphires. This ring is lovely, but YOU need to be the one who is happy with it. What blue do you like?

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
katiedid, I love it :) I toooooooooo perfer the darker colored stones!!! will it be a right hand ring???

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Woo, forgot to ask where did you got it :)

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think its lovely, but I agree, its all about personal preference. Maybe you are questioning it because you prefer slightly lighter sapphires, in which case you should change it for the one you love
1.gif

vslover

Shiny_Rock
ooh i love it!

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I think it is fabulous
30.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty!

CdnBlingGal

Brilliant_Rock
It''s beautiful!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it''s a matter of personal preference but I like that color a lot. I don''t care for sapphires that are too light or too electric blue.

Please try taking pictures in different lighting. I think it will look even better. I like the color as it is, but office lighting can be harsh.

Cachette

Brilliant_Rock
It`s beautiful!!!

The sapphires on my band appear darker or lighter depending on the lighting environment. They`re fun that way!!
2.gif

Try it out and then decide. Nothing wrong with darker stones.

Cachette
1.gif

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look a nice blue in the picture - will you wear it with your ER? Is it RHR only? More pictures in other lighting would help.

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
Sapphires are finicky beasts. Check it out when you get sunlight and in different kinds of lighting. It might help to evaluate if you got a good deal if you can tell us a ballpark price you paid. I have a similar ring to yours and I love it. I also like the darker stones. If they are black with no sparks of blue, then I might consider returning it.

ejsarkar

Shiny_Rock
Oooh, I love it. I've been waiting for your pics! Can you post more? Like a further away handshot? It's gorgeous! I think I may have to get one now...
36.gif

I think the color is perfect but if you don't love it, maybe the extra $ is worth it.

Is it comfortable? Do the side stones dig into your fingers at all?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are fabulous. Thanks for all the quick responses! Seems like most of you like the darker color. I think I set myself up because I fell in love with the one in the B&M (Fink''s) and this one just didn''t quite match the quality and look of that one. I ran over to the store at lunch to compare the one I ordered with the one they had that I fell in love with. I still love the other one. :( It''s not that I can''t be happy with this one, but I think I''ll wish I had just saved a little more and gotten the one I really wanted. The other ring does not have light blue or electric looking stones--the stones are just a little larger and have more "life" to them. They are slightly lighter and brighter and all of the stones are much more sparkly. They use G-H, VS2 diamonds and AA to AAA sapphires. The one I ordered is G-H, SI1 and there is no grade on the sapphires. It was also supposed to come with an appraisal and it didn''t. :(

The ring I ordered was on sale for $718 (it''s regularly $798). The one at Fink''s is $935 plus tax. They are one of those stores that gives you that junk about "we don''t discount because we don''t have a big markup.." yadda yadda. Yeah right. I told the girl what I paid for this one and told her to talk to her manager and call me if they could offer me anything off theirs and I would give them my business. We''ll see...

I wore this ring outside to see if the color was better out there and it was a little better, but still just isn''t the same as the one in the store. I''m one of those people who isn''t good at settling for something I''m not 100% in love with. I''d rather not have a ring than have one and wish I had a different one. :)

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to answer all your questions!
I got the ring from www.hartgem.com
It is very comfy (I''m not wearing it constantly but I''ve had it on multiple times today.)
It would be a RHR, although I''d love to be able to wear it with my other rings. This one is a little too tall for that. The one at the B&M is set a little lower.
I will take some other photos for you all -- in brighter light, with my other rings, and a further away handshot. :)

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think you''ve answered your question - get the 1 you love - hopefully they''ll give you a discount.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/22/2008 3:15:41 PM
Author: motownmama
I think you''ve answered your question - get the 1 you love - hopefully they''ll give you a discount.
Ditto,

If you don''t totally love it you''ll always question your decision. It sounds like you totally love the other ring. I guess for me personally, I have to disagree with the others cuz it''s all about the blue! I think the sapphires in your current ring are a little too dark for my taste but then I love that electric blue color. I truly hope you are able to get a discount on the one you love!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks! I hope they''ll give me a discount too. In all honesty, even if they don''t, I''ll probably eventually buy that one. Oh well, you never know unless you ask right?
I wish I had seen another one I liked just as much but I haven''t.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
never settle.

You''ll be regretful and that stinks, save and get what you REALLY want. . . you already know which one you should get
28.gif

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Get the better ring. In a year or two, you won''t remember how much more it cost. But if you keep the one you have, in a year or two you will still be disappointed with how the sapphires look. They aren''t suddenly going to get more sparkly.

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
Wooo Katiedid, don''t settle.... Get the one you want !!!! Whenever I settle I end up miserable!! It is a beautiful ring but if the other one is the one you want then I say return this one and go for it :)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think that it is beautiful, I really like the color of the sapphires...but if you "like" this one but "love" the other one, then you may not be totally happy with this one, KWIM? What is it about the other one that you love that this one doesn''t have?

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess what I like most about the other one when I compared them side by side was that the stones in the other one had more "life" if that makes sense. They were brighter, the sapphires were bluer, the diamonds were whiter. This one looks a little "flat". Of course, if my husband had given me this one, and I had never seen the other, I''d probably be just as in love with this one! I had no intention of buying in a B&M store--all I wanted to do was get an idea of the type of ring I wanted. And then I saw that one. That was a month ago and I keep thinking about it and comparing everything else to it.

So you all are right--I should get the one I really want. I haven''t heard from the store yet, so they may not be interested in coming off their price much. When I think about it, if this one was $718 and I see that much of a difference, the B&M price probably isn''t way overly inflated. I''m guessing that on smaller ticket items like this, they have less room to bargain since they have a smaller profit built in to it.

With my luck, while I''m shipping this one back and waiting on my refund to post, the one I want will SELL!!!!!!!

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I told you I''d post a few more photos...

sappband2.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
another

sappband3.jpg

katiedid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
last one

sappband.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results