shape
carat
color
clarity

Got a princess narrowed down to ..

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamondExpert

Brilliant_Rock
Caution on the girdle - you don't want extremely thin at the corners, and I don't know what "Select Ideal™" this means - some kind of "in house" lingo...finally, find out what the crown height is - best to be about 10% or more.

Faint fluorescence, if blue, is not a problem.

If you can find a stone with an Ideal light performance grade (AGS), you might be getting somewhere.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The AGS0 1 ct H!

cocoboots

Rough_Rock
i'm looking at the above stone from uniondiamond and the stone you (JulieN) suggested at exceldiamonds

http://www.exceldiamonds.com/diamond/23179.html

both fit my specs and are close in price, but i would feel better if i had someone other than a sales person tell me which one is better.

cocoboots

Rough_Rock
thanks JulieN.

I have read those and I think that it''s fine to have a S1

I like the:
http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA221116&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34

because it''s similar to the one you suggested, but it''s a bit cheaper and from what the sales person told me it fits the parameters for an AGS-0 stone. If it is indeed a AGS-0 cut stone then reasoning would say to get it because it''s a little cheaper.

Thanks for you help.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
I worked with jeff at union diamond he was great. He is a GIA graduate so thats even better but he was awesome. My diamond was a "virtual" diamond that was a select ideal catergorized by them. And the stone I recieved is amazing. and the ideal scope image was phenominal. When I took it to the aprasier they say I got a very good deal and that the stone is excellent. I dont remeber what she said it would be if it was graded by the AGS but it was up there at the top. In fact Julie helped me pick it out and I did wind up purchasing an ideal scope julie and it will be here in a few days...thanks again.

From what i gathered trying to find a princess stone was un like round brilliant it is really one of those stones you need to see in person...becasue its hard to tell. If it will be a good performer or not. I took a chance and I am very happy with what I got.

My stone was $4068 at union diamond. and $3998 at usa diamonds...but i spent the extra at union cause i had them mount it. The return policy and the personalized service by jeff. I recommed him...Tell him that Tim sent you. the guy that bugged him about the stone alot. lol

The specs of my stone were the following

GIA CERT
Measurements: 5.45 x 5.47 x 4.05 mm
Carat Weight: 1.01
Color Grade: H
Clarity Grade: VS1
Proportions:
Depth: 74.0 %
Table: 70 %
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick
Culet: None
Finish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None

Pics below.

http://blog.wackynoodle.com/Media/Photos/ring/ringlowres.jpg

http://blog.wackynoodle.com/Media/Photos/ring/ringlowres2.jpg

http://blog.wackynoodle.com/Media/Photos/ring/ringhires.jpg

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 2:14:51 AM
Author: cocoboots
http://www.uniondiamond.com/diamonds/diamonds.php?item_id=AA221116&search_type_id=2&action_type_id=2&network_id=0cf05810a0f83094f6e9972ef21cdd34

because it's similar to the one you suggested, but it's a bit cheaper and from what the sales person told me it fits the parameters for an AGS-0 stone. If it is indeed a AGS-0 cut stone then reasoning would say to get it because it's a little cheaper.
That is a falsehood. At minimum, this stone would get an AGS-5 for cut grade.

cocoboots

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input JulieN.

can I just give you $$ to go get me a ring? I''m tired of dealing with sales people who try to lead me down the wrong path. I think they feel me out for what I''m looking for and then say this is it...when it''s actually not the stone I''m looking for. I''m just to much of a neophyte when it comes to engagement rings.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/16/2006 2:21:27 AM
Author: JulieN
That is a falsehood. At minimum, this stone would get an AGS-5 for cut grade.
It is too shallow. So it can''t get a 0 for light performance. The minimum grade is 1 (probably more than 1, but since I can''t say for sure, we''ll just say 1 is the best grade it could possibly get.)

Proportions: with an Extremely Thin to Very Thick girdle (honestly, I probably wouldn''t touch this stone with a stick unless someone I trusted told me it was ok,) the minimum grade is 3.

I''m not sure how comparable the "very good" finish grades of GIA are to "very good" of AGS, but assuming they are about same, the minimum finish grade is 2.

The sum would be 5.

zikronix

Shiny_Rock
coco if it helps i was told to look for a princess with in these ranges to find at lease a decent stone. Julie and belle helpled me alot. Julie correct me if im wrong

Girdle does matter. You want medium. Medium-slightly thick is the next level of ok-ness. Too thin and it chips, too thick and you''re paying for weight you don''t see.
These are the grades for girdle:
extremely thin, very thin, thin, slightly thin, medium, slightly thick, thick, very thick, extremely thic
Depth Up to 75% would be best, but I think 76/77 is acceptable if the light performance is excellent.

Table Right around 70% or less but not less than about 67%

''sparkly'' comes from the cut! cut=depth, table, crown/pavilion angles...etc. all working together. if a cutter took the time to make all of those things work together, then the polish/symmetry will be better than just ''good''. take your time and get it right. this is a once in a lifetime purchase!
it is going to be harder to find an amazing stone in virtual inventory, no matter who you buy it from. so having someone with the ability to get more information is that much more important.

But it can be done remember my stone came out of virtual invetory another thing to remember is that the 1CT range is considered to be from .95 to 1.10

I dont know what your lookign to spend but when your searching virtual stones if you thing you found a stone with good specs throw those exact specs in the search and almost for sure othe retailers will have the same diamond cheaper.

I hope this helps. Once again julie, belle if im wrong please correct me. Oh and coco... Weclcome to pricescope :)

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
blue fluorescence is purdy. look at my avatar.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results