carat
color
clarity

GORGEOUS Kruppy EC for the brave... and why EC numbers lie

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
Re: GORGEOUS Kruppy EC for the brave... and why EC numbers l

Karl_K|1398961582|3664412 said:
The bottom line is does it make your heart sing?
If no I would keep looking.
The right one for you does not need rationalization to make it a keeper.

I realize you're right Karl. I know what would make my heart sing would be a 1.7 to 2.CT beautifully cut asscher in no lower than an I color. But with my budget that is completely out of my reach unless I sold all of my other stuff.
When I bought my first EC it did make my heart sing! Too much time on PS makes me want bigger and better, like most here.
I think I need to hang around in CS for a while to squish the upgrade bug ;))
Maybe I'll buy a 2 CT colored stone in an asscher cut instead :))

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

I agree. Your 1.1 stone is and has always been an amazing stone performance wise. I was a bit concerned about the personality/performance differences you'd see.

But if it isn't catching your heart, it's not for you!

woofmama

Ideal_Rock

Gypsy|1398964390|3664454 said:
I agree. Your 1.1 stone is and has always been an amazing stone performance wise. I was a bit concerned about the personality/performance differences you'd see.

But if it isn't catching your heart, it's not for you!

The jury is still out on this. I need to sleep on it for a while. It is a very pretty & unique stone!!! If I had purchased this before my 1.11 I'm sure I would be more than happy with it. And it does increase my upgrade value at JA should I decide to keep it and sell my 1.11. I'll update the thread as I make my decision. Thanks for the help and support :))

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium

The jury is still out on this. I need to sleep on it for a while. It is a very pretty & unique stone!!! If I had purchased this before my 1.11 I'm sure I would be more than happy with it. And it does increase my upgrade value at JA should I decide to keep it and sell my 1.11. I'll update the thread as I make my decision. Thanks for the help and support :))

I've tried finding your updated decision, to no avail. Excuse my ridiculousness, if I overlooked it. What did you decide? Some how, I am inclined to conclude that you opted out.
I, too, have a "high performing" EC (1.07 ct) that I just ADORE! I believe most women (PSers, and NPSers, alike) prefer larger stones. If our budget had allowed, at the beginning, my EC would have been at last 2.5 times the size (I'm a big bling girl), but I was super satisfied with my "over a carat" diamond. Some never reach the 1ct mark, so I consider myself among the privileged. I had searched & researched EC's for about 15 years before DH & I were reunited, and finding one that performed to my expectations at a "reasonable" price was extremely difficult. There is no "ideal Cut" EC...those parameters just don't exist, right now (there is an actual thread dedicated to this topic on RT, if you care to discuss), which makes going by numbers misleading. If DH & I had based our purchase by the numbers, I still wouldn't have my ER...lol! We lucked out with "Uisce".
I'd never trade what I have; only add to it, and switch it back & forth from LHR to RHR, should I ever acquire a larger diamond, in my lifetime.
I'm my DH's second wife, but I'm the "first time" for many things, for him, including the first woman he researched & purchased a ring for/with, and his first official proposal (his ex-wife bought her own...wtf?). My engagement ring has so much sentimental value to both of us, I couldn't bear to trade it, or sell it.
I'm sorry you were so disappointed with the Kruppy. I was so excited, reading this thread, and my heart sank to my stomach, when I reached the post where you received the stone.
I will have to try to catch up with you to learn if you ever found your heart's desire...best of luck!!! :mrgreen2:
CRM

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results