shape
carat
color
clarity

Googie needs help picking a setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

googie

Rough_Rock
no, at this point I am open to any ideas, whatever shows off the diamond the best.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I love the vatche x-prong that your originally posted
6.gif
it is simple elegant and timeless to me a setting like that allows the stone to do the talking :).

The other setting I am currently in love with is the vatche swan, it is a little more complex around the head but still the diamond is the star :).

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
The Dvatche is probably the closest to the Tiffany Lucida, so if you have a DVatche daler close to you, I would go straight to them.

Excellent choice on the diamond! I just bought a .91 Ideal round from Blue Nile and am having it set in their trellis/x-prong/Luci style setting. Ellen and Gail (TanDogmom) both have rounds in DVatche settings, and the results are stunning!!
30.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Googie, I''ve heard a lot of people talk about WF''s version.

Also, I''ve heard a lot about Excel''s version.

If you do a search on here, you should get many threads, and you can possibly get an idea of who likes which one more, and why.

I think your diamond would look stunning in such a classic setting! And then she could possibly get a diamond wedding band to go with. Many women love this combo. But you can''t go wrong with a Tiffany like setting.
2.gif

thevoodoowedo

Rough_Rock
googie:

not to steer you further away : ) but thats a very nice stone to put in a $500 setting...

Anyway I was on roughly the same path as you recently, similar stone, similar solitaire trellis or cross design.

I found some of the settings by www.mwmjewelry.com to be more unique than anything else I had seen and ended up going with them. It wasn''t cheap (~2000) and it wasn''t fast... but take a look.

Other trellis style settings I''ve seen were made by James Cooper.

http://weddingband.com/jcoopereng1.html

hth, goodluck im sure its amazing no matter what you do!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results