shape
carat
color
clarity

Gold layering necklaces

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the current trend for the layered look- two or three delicate necklaces all worn together. I’ve seen a few “sets” on Etsy and other places, most of them are very pretty but quite cheap in price, although they look nice. I can’t seem to see any made from actual gold. Anyone have any ideas? This is the sort of look I mean,

99A85B0B-466B-41E5-AD65-84BDB22F10FC.jpeg

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
I think it's nice to build a collection organically- I have 4 kids and have gold Helen Ficalora alphabet charms for each of them and then 3 birthstone mini disc charms, and I have 4 more of her charms, so I wear them divided onto 2 chains + a WG chain w/ small diamond cross. I actually need to buy a new heavier YG (or maybe rose gold) chain for the kids' initial charms because my infant grabbed onto my old one and it broke :blackeye:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman pictured at the top is wearing a disc on one the three chains she has on. When I asked about how to wear a Links of London Russian cross I was considering buying, I wrote that I already had a Links of London disc and crescent moon charm on a chain. I said I didn't know if I would be better off putting the sun disc and moon crescent onto the same chain as the cross or doing something such as what is shown above. (In my case the jewelry was gold, by the way.) I have not yet received the cross, but this is how the disc with the crescent looks.

TheCrescentMoonversus.jpg

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it's nice to build a collection organically- I have 4 kids and have gold Helen Ficalora alphabet charms for each of them and then 3 birthstone mini disc charms, and I have 4 more of her charms, so I wear them divided onto 2 chains + a WG chain w/ small diamond cross. I actually need to buy a new heavier YG (or maybe rose gold) chain for the kids' initial charms because my infant grabbed onto my old one and it broke :blackeye:
I just replied in your thread! Yes, I have been thinking I could build up a collection, yours sounds lovely. I’ve seen a few nice, fine things on Blue Nile and Etsy.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The woman pictured at the top is wearing a disc on one the three chains she has on. When I asked about how to wear a Links of London Russian cross I was considering buying, I wrote that I already had a Links of London disc and crescent moon charm on a chain. I said I didn't know if I would be better off putting the sun disc and moon crescent onto the same chain as the cross or doing something such as what is shown above. (In my case the jewelry was gold, by the way.) I have not yet received the cross, but this is how the disc with the crescent looks.

TheCrescentMoonversus.jpg
That is very pretty, I love it! I haven’t found many separate disc style pendants for sale at all. Gem Gossip on Instagram was writing this week about how layering necklaces requires a special skill, I agree it is very difficult to arrange different shapes and lengths.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results