shape
carat
color
clarity

Girl''s shoes (or boy''s shoes for that matter) and Amazon!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tacori
Yeah the brown one. I've been eyeing that one ever since I first saw it at Nordstrom. I think I'll order it in 8. She doesn't have any size 8 shoes yet. She has two pairs of 7 already. I haven't look at the pediped yet.

Mrs Mitchell & Janine
I've just been buying a couple at each size. I figure she'll eventually grow into them. I've read that some kids skip size. Hope M doesn't do that. hehe.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I''m still not sure about the size thing - we have two fittings in the UK, one for length and one for width. A has teeny tiny feet, 3.5 F UK size. They haven''t grown much in the last year at all.

Hmm, I wonder if I could find a foot measuring thingy, like they use in the stores? Has anyone run across one of these online? As someone whose feet are horribly damaged from wearing badly fitted shoes as a child, I am paranoid about this (but excited to find cute shoes online haha).

Jen

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Yay! I found a foot measuring gague (length and width fitting) on the Start Rite site!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/19/2010 10:41:42 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Janine, I have been lucky at guessing so far. Hopefully I don''t jinx myself. I figure she will wear them...one day.
Good point. Maybe I''ll just avoid the summer sandals and go for the ones that can be worn multiple seasons (like those great mary janes with the red soles!). NC is alot more forgiving weather wise than NJ these days (we might as well be Canada!).

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Anyone has experiences with the brand Komfort Kidz Shoes? The sole looks pretty flexible, and the prices are around $20. I wonder if they are any good.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
They are nice, actually. There''s a kids shoe shop near me that stocks them, I haven''t seen them anywhere else. They probably wouldn''t last too long, but they''ll likely be outgrown before they wear out.

I would say though, my guesses at size were way, way out. I got a foot measuring gadget and also double checked in the shop and I was out on the width fitting quite a lot. As someone with terrible, horrible feet from badly fitting shoes, I would highly recommend not guessing shoe size. Those little bones are so fragile.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Any good finds lately? I''m in the market for a comfy (and cute!) summer sandle. Thinking about tacori''s Umi Urchin Sandle right now...

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
or this one...does anyone know if these types of sandles are comfy on feet without socks?

shoe100.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
The umi sandals seem comfy without socks. M always wears her without socks.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Just got these for M from Target. They are really cute and only $10 + tax.

circo jaela sandals.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Q, T had the white version of those last summer. They are cute.

Janine, I think pedipeds seem comfy w/o socks. That is how T wears them and she never complains. She has also worn SKR shoes w/o socks. I think shoes with softer leather are a good bet.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Ok, so I was too slow on some of these great finds and now there seems to be shortage on "finds" for the summer. C needs some sandals asap in this sudden heat!

I''d love to pick up some UMI''s, anyone know of some deals if any?

And what are others'' experience with SEE KAI Runs--I read reviews which say the shoes are a bit flimsy, but you never can tell if it''s just that one reviewer.
And how about crocs?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 10:56:16 AM
Author: janinegirly
Ok, so I was too slow on some of these great finds and now there seems to be shortage on ''finds'' for the summer. C needs some sandals asap in this sudden heat!

I''d love to pick up some UMI''s, anyone know of some deals if any?

And what are others'' experience with SEE KAI Runs--I read reviews which say the shoes are a bit flimsy, but you never can tell if it''s just that one reviewer.
And how about crocs?

Janine, I have one pair of see kai run sandals and I do like them. But yes, they do seem a bit more flimsy compared to the umi sandals I have. Stride rite sandals also seem nice.

As for crocs, personally I am a big no on those. I do have a pair for Amelia I bought waaay before she started walking (and we only use them for quick trips to the pool for swim lessons, and now that it''s warmer, I''ll probably just put on her sandals. I know kids love them and when she''s older if she wants them, I may buy them for her, but they just don''t seem to have the support that little growing feet need. I think I read an article somewhere that they aren''t the best either. Anything that comes in sizes like 5/6, 7/8, I just think probably aren''t the best fit. I do like stride rite because they go up in half sizes, and have M and W widths.

I''ll see what I can find for you. What size is C?

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
janine, I found a bunch of stuff at Daffy's--good brands like Umi, Naturino, etc. and the prices are fairly decent. They have a lot of European shoes so the problem I'm having is with the sizing since they all are cut so differently but at least they are returnable. Also Century 21 has good deals on kids' shoes. You might want to check it out.

I'm not a fan of crocs. They look cute on kids (NOT on adults!) but I think they are probably not so great for their feet. The girls' daycare won't allow children to wear them because I guess they don't have a lot of support or traction.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Tgal: C is just fitting into 5.5 now (still a tad big but 5''s are tight). Interesting on crocs! I see so many kids in them--would they be ok for beach only or should I stick to the sandals?

Curly: Oh great suggestions! Never thought of Daffy''s and never even ventured in one. And I''ll be downtown next week so will check out Century 21! Thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/4/2010 12:25:51 PM
Tgal: C is just fitting into 5.5 now (still a tad big but 5''s are tight). Interesting on crocs! I see so many kids in them--would they be ok for beach only or should I stick to the sandals?

Curly: Oh great suggestions! Never thought of Daffy''s and never even ventured in one. And I''ll be downtown next week so will check out Century 21! Thanks!
Janine, check your email...I just sent you two options in Chloe''s size which were in the $20 range. One red, one white.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, I love see kai run shoes. I think they are very well made.

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t say See Kai Run shoes are flimsy. The soles are definitely softer than Umi and Stride Rite, which can be easier to walk in.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
tacori & qtiekiki: that''s good to know! Reviews I read mentioned soles coming off,etc. Sounds like a one - off thing maybe.

tgal: thank you!!
36.gif
Will check tonight when I have access to email!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, T wears her shoes pretty hard. She wore two pairs consistently for probably 6 months and beside some scuffing on the suede they are in pretty good shape. I also love pedipeds and Target for cute, party type shoes.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
thanks tacori. Right now I''m all about sandals, so looking at Umi''s and maybe pedipeds. I think I ''ll look in an actual store too. If you find anything else good, let me know (I love all the shoes you listed on this thread!).

tgal: Thanks so much for the links! The red ones are so cute, but the whites were "big girl" size. Guess the trick is to buy shoes off season but I''m so bad at thinking ahead!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/5/2010 8:31:22 AM
thanks tacori. Right now I''m all about sandals, so looking at Umi''s and maybe pedipeds. I think I ''ll look in an actual store too. If you find anything else good, let me know (I love all the shoes you listed on this thread!).

tgal: Thanks so much for the links! The red ones are so cute, but the whites were ''big girl'' size. Guess the trick is to buy shoes off season but I''m so bad at thinking ahead!!
Ugh, sorry Janine, I''ll keep looking! Good thing you caught that!

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Quick question on See Kai Run shoes--do you ladies size up since they only come in whole sizes? Qtiekiki found a nice pair of sandals in white I might pick up!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I think SKR runs big. The sizing chart on their website says that size 5 is 5.2" and size 6 is 5.5" (that''s the inside length).

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/6/2010 7:25:41 PM
Author: qtiekiki
I think SKR runs big. The sizing chart on their website says that size 5 is 5.2'' and size 6 is 5.5'' (that''s the inside length).
The pair we have seems to be fairly true to size. I''d get a six Janine...when they stand up, their feet tend to slide forward anyway. And if C is about a 5.5 now, a six would be great according to the info QT posted anyway.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine, the pediped sandals I posted with the polka dots are her FAVORITE. She loves polka dots just like me so she wants to wear them all the time even though they are too big. I got them on sale a while back. I bought a pair of Umi too but they are too big so she hasn''t worn them yet. I''ll let you know if I see anything cute.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Janine here are some SKR sandals on sale. Not sure they are a steal but still a good deal for all leather.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Re: Girl''s shoes (or boy''s shoes for that matter) and Amaz

Ok I am reviving this thread! Anyone find any great shoe deals lately or cute fall options they'd like to share? I've been trying to find a comfy sneaker/mary jane and like these but they do not seem to come any smaller than 7's...

http://www.endless.com/Tsukihoshi%20Tod ... ythings%2F

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock

Janine, I'm finding mostly sandals for under $20. As you know, come next summer, it's hard to find anything decent for a good price, so if you can buy in advance, it might be worth it. I'm holding off and may buy something if I see anything good this winter.

http://www.amazon.com/Primigi-Toddler-D ... &sr=8-23#_
http://www.amazon.com/Primigi-Toddler-D ... &sr=8-23#_
http://www.amazon.com/Primigi-Toddler-H ... &sr=8-49#_
http://www.amazon.com/Stride-Rite-Toddl ... 173&sr=8-4 (These are $13.26)

41DnwQ50DBL__AA300_.jpg

41KyfMI7otL__AA300_.jpg

51Eykb7ZOmL__AA300_.jpg

417aHoF3fZL__AA300_.jpg

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock

See Kai Run is doing deal a day again. Two styles for 50% off, so $20 a pair.

Tgal
Those sandals are cute. Off to look.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results