shape
carat
color
clarity

Girl''s shoes (or boy''s shoes for that matter) and Amazon!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I tell you, this is my ONE weakness and splurge for my kid. Plus I love Amazon.

Thought I''d pass along the tip that it''s fun to stalk shoes on Amazon. I usually stalk Primigi, Umi and See Kai Run, but there are others. These shoes are stupid expensive (I see them at high end department stores, and yes, at full price), so it''s nice to get cute, quality shoes on sale. Now that I do know what works for her feet, I buy in different sizes and stock up. Plus in California, you can wear sandals year round, so I don''t worry as much about what size her feet will be in what season. Something to think about if you are in colder weather though.

I have to share my purchases tonight...if only to enable you. Hehehe.

First up, a Primigi Mary Jane in red. I bought this in size 23, which fit her now but love them so much I got another pair in the next size up. These will be great through the holidays and she wears lots of red!

reg price, 69.95. sale price, 27.98!

51wKootYzJL__AA280_.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next up, a pair of See Kai Run sandals. I couldn''t resist because they were not pink!

regular price, 37.95. sale price, 16.62! (crappy sandals at discount stores can be that price!) My only concern is that See Kai Run tend to run wide, and my girl has narrow feet. So these might go back.

41Oo7HHVDvL__AA280_.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
A pair of Umi Sandals that I got in a different size than the one above (I usually get her 2 shoes per size...sneakers/casual and sandals.) Unfortunately, these ARE pink.
14.gif

She has a pair of umis right now and I like them, although their are heavier than the primigi ones.

Regular price: 55.95, sale price 23.49

51nVxuYMaNL__AA280_.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a pair of white primigis that hopefully will fit her next summer. But she can certainly wear them in the spring, or even into fall (judging from the weather we had in socal lately!)

These broke my rule about no shoes over $30 for the kid, but it wasn''t by that much and I liked them...no pink!

Regular price, $79.95, sale price, $31.98

41StodRCerL__AA280_.jpg

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
And lastly, these aren''t shoes, but I was looking for a tea set because she loves cups and pretending to drink for some reason. Found this green tea seat that has great reviews. I love that it''s BPA free, yada yada and made in the USA so she can lick it to her heart''s content! This I will put under the tree this year. It says for 3 and up, but I''ll check it out and see what might be iffy.

http://www.amazon.com/Green-Toys-Tea-Set/dp/B001543YEY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys-and-games&qid=1257320132&sr=8-1

416t+8B0iTL__SL500_AA280_.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
super cute shoes TGal!!! I will have to check these out for my DDs

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Oh TGal, you may very well have ruined us. Both my husband and I are SO STOKED to buy baby shoes, and we really want to be able to get cutesy girly shoes - and I ADORE those red Mary Janes! Uh oh...I see myself poor in the future lol.

And the tea set is adorable! And wow, inexpensive. I may pick it up once we know what we are having and save it for a few years.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
gosh, these are great finds. Love the shoes and I can''t wait to play tea time with my little girl! I''ll have to dig out this thread when we''re ready for sturdier shoes,etc.

curlygirl

Ideal_Rock
TGal, you are such an enabler!!!
11.gif
Thanks for the tips!!!

Kay

Ideal_Rock
TGal, that tea set is awesome! That is going under the tree for A this year. I''ll check it out when it arrives, but none of the parts look small enough to be dangerous for a 1 year old (A already plays with our real spoons).

Those shoes are very cute. A is currently wearing boring white Stride Rite shoes to help her learn how to walk, but I look forward to stalking cute shoes in the future.

fleur-de-lis

Brilliant_Rock
After seeing this thread, I suspect TGal''s daughter is going to grow up to be FrekeChild.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 2:25:14 PM
Author: fleur-de-lis
After seeing this thread, I suspect TGal''s daughter is going to grow up to be FrekeChild.
Hehehe, maybe! Funny thing is, when she is old enough to want them, I probably won''t buy her a ton. Not feeling too guilty now since I pretty much buy only a couple pairs per size!

MP, the red ones are totally cute they look to fit her great. I highly recommend, although you''d have to see what shoe works with your kid''s feet.

Kay, I don''t see any real problem with the set either, but we''ll see. Hopefully it''s a set she can use for awhile. I''m happy to have found her xmas gift this early. I don''t believe in craploads of gifts for kids...I''m mean, I know. That''s what grandparents are for anyway!
41.gif

snlee

Ideal_Rock
TGal, super cute! We are so in trouble if we have a girl next and my DH knows it!

lili

Ideal_Rock
TGal--
Those shoes are so cute.
I''m afraid to order because I really don''t know how well they''ll fit J.

Thanks for the tea set link.
That''ll be under the tree for J too.
She loves playing tea time.
She''ll pour a cup of tea and give it to her dad or feed her stuff animals.
Hopefully, she''s still into it in a couple of months.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I hope you are getting referral fees for that tea set--it''s going to sell out from PS buyers alone! Not to mention getting us all buying xmas gifts before the 2nd week of November,haha.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
TGal,
Those shoes are so darn cute, and the Tea set?? How fun. Miss Amleia is a lucky gal. She''s stylin no doubt!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Tgal
How does the size run? See Kai Run seems to run big. Size 5 in See Kai Run is big on M, but in fitted in Stride Rite. So how are Umi and Primigi compared to See Kai Run?

lili

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 5:40:47 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Tgal

How does the size run? See Kai Run seems to run big. Size 5 in See Kai Run is big on M, but in fitted in Stride Rite. So how are Umi and Primigi compared to See Kai Run?

Yeah, I can''t seem to find the right size for J either.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 5:40:47 PM
Author: qtiekiki
Tgal
I think See Kai Run do run big. Amelia is a 6.5 at Stride Rite, but I am now buying 7. Primigi 6.5 is a bit big for her (size 23) and Umi 6-6.5 is fitting perfectly. Stride Rite shoes aren''t consistent either, unfortunately. A pair of casual shoes is still roomy for her in a size 6.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I think we should start a toddler "Show me your Shoe" thread..

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 11:42:22 AM
Author: janinegirly
I think we should start a toddler ''Show me your Shoe'' thread..
No kidding, because someone must have bought some shoes! There are hardly any good deals left on Amazon!!!

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
Haha. Tgal, look what you started. LOL.

I just got M a pair of Naturino; I thought it would be cute for next spring/summer. Anyone got that brand before? The reviews for the brand are good.

M_new_shoes.jpg

lili

Ideal_Rock
QT--
What size did you get for M?

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I got size 6, but she might not be that size for a little while.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
QT, those are cute!!

Anyone else buy anything?

I got the tea set today...like it!

lili

Ideal_Rock
hehe, i got the tea set and the umi sandals too.
can''t wait to see them.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
let me know how the tea set looks!

i might start a shoe thread one of these days, but in the mean time, is it a good idea to get "sturdier" shoes for when they walk outside? The pedi peds don''t seem to cut it, but on the other hand I know they are the best for foot growth/development. C is not really walking alone (must hold her hands), but still getting use out of the shoes at least!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/4/2009 2:24:57 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Next up, a pair of See Kai Run sandals. I couldn''t resist because they were not pink!

regular price, 37.95. sale price, 16.62! (crappy sandals at discount stores can be that price!) My only concern is that See Kai Run tend to run wide, and my girl has narrow feet. So these might go back.
Price drop, this green See Kai Run Sandal is now $15.18! See Kai Run has the same pair on sale on their website for $28!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/5/2009 11:42:22 AM
Author: janinegirly
I think we should start a toddler 'Show me your Shoe' thread..
ha, it's funny because since I don't have girls, I look at these shoes as if, "would I wear them?" You bet I would! #2 and #3!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results