shape
carat
color
clarity

girls, do your male friends curse in front of ya?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I can swear with the best of ''em and give ''em a run for their money... LOL

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/21/2009 1:06:55 PM
Author: kenny

Date: 10/21/2009 1:06:08 AM
Author: jewelerman
It is just as impolite to use foul language in front of men as it is women.Using foul language shows lack of respect reguardless of the gender of who is within hearing range.

I disagree.
Context is everything.
If you and the person you are talking to (regardless of the gender of either of you) uses the same naughty language then it is not impolite.
Women are not weak or inferior and don''t need special protection.

I am a man and if I speak with a man I will not use naughty words until I feel he speaks ''French'' too.
I do not go along with gender inequality but I am socially sensitive and will not offend anyone if I feel naughty words make them uncomfortable.
Both men and women deserve this courtesy and respect.

Also key is the situation.
Job interviews, in religious buildings are a couple times when I think we should all avoid these words.
What if you live across the street from a church (like when I look out my front window Jesus on the cross is staring at me)? I feel sort of guilty every time I swear in my own apartment.
9.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 11:23:07 AM
Author: Gailey
Date: 10/21/2009 3:12:43 AM

Author: Samantha Red

My Mother In Law is probably the worst person I know for swearing. It is particularly hilarious as she is frightfully well spoken, she sounds like the Queen Mother, but uses the most profane language. My DH used to swear a lot until I told him it was indicative of a poor vocabulary. If I am really really angry a few choice words might slip in
My MIL is the absolute epitomy of Catherine Tate''s Nan character

really? omg I love catherine tate!!! We have season 1 from her show but we can''t play it on our american equipment and we cannot find any out here in the usa - she rocks!!! My husband and kids joke that I''m the woman always "eek" "eek" like when she watches the microwave count down or listen to cereal lol

sorry for the divergence lol

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
swearing seemed more accepted in ireland when I lived there as well - no one ever batted an eye and my kids came home all the time with tales of the other boys at school swearing.

Londongirl1

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 3:12:43 AM
Author: Samantha Red
My Mother In Law is probably the worst person I know for swearing. It is particularly hilarious as she is frightfully well spoken, she sounds like the Queen Mother, but uses the most profane language. My DH used to swear a lot until I told him it was indicative of a poor vocabulary. If I am really really angry a few choice words might slip in

My FIs grandmother is very ''prim and proper'' but when she gets really mad she let''s slip by saying S**T - my FI and I pretend to be really offended when she says it - then she pretends like she never said anything
31.gif

MonkeyPants

Brilliant_Rock
yup, my FI curses in front of me. As long as he''s not using that language toward me and if he''s venting I don''t mind if it helps him to get things off his chest. I don''t use profanity, but I also don''t judge FI for using it regularly. He''s a great person and a lot more polite and generous than men I know who don''t curse.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/20/2009 11:20:39 PM
Author:Dancing Fire
IMO...it would be very impolite to use profane language when ladies are present.
IMO... it is very impolite to attach double standards such as this to "ladies."

I swear, but not very much. I don't know many people swear often.

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy swearing, I find it rather humorous!

Examples:
Friend yelling HORSESSH*T. Just the way he says it, it''s hilarious.
Son of a b*tch!!
What the f*ck was that?!?!
Oh hellllllllllllllllllllll no.
9.gif

I also substitute ''effing'' for the actual F word. Less harsh, still gets the point across.
9.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/23/2009 5:29:13 PM
Author: sunnyd
I enjoy swearing, I find it rather humorous!

Examples:

Friend yelling HORSESSH*T. Just the way he says it, it''s hilarious.

Son of a b*tch!!

What the f*ck was that?!?!

Oh hellllllllllllllllllllll no.
9.gif

I also substitute ''effing'' for the actual F word. Less harsh, still gets the point across.
9.gif

One of my favorite phrases is "Effing A!"

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results