shape
carat
color
clarity

Girlfriend Threw Me a Curveball

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That looks bright and lovely and I think in terms of an elongated radient, a really great choice. Plus the color and clarity combo, its quite special. Any news on the setting front?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a nice stone!!!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I like that stone. Looks pretty. :))

No red flags from the ASET? No leakage concerns? Does the cost seem reasonable? Based solely on the picture/video this is my favorite radiant stone for the money. Im a big fan of the facet pattern.

As far as the setting, I am waiting to here back on that. I sent them a message for an update. Unfortunately they will only hold the diamond until the end of today. I want to see the final quote including the setting prior to committing to the diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is fine for a radiant. We already mentioned that they are not going to be as brilliant as some other cuts, like rounds. But as long as you know this, I think that is one of the most beautifully cut radiants I have ever seen. I cannot wait to see the finished ring! PLEASE come back and show us pictures!!!!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASTROCREEP|1427296705|3852245 said:
No red flags from the ASET? No leakage concerns? Does the cost seem reasonable? Based solely on the picture/video this is my favorite radiant stone for the money. Im a big fan of the facet pattern.

As far as the setting, I am waiting to here back on that. I sent them a message for an update. Unfortunately they will only hold the diamond until the end of today. I want to see the final quote including the setting prior to committing to the diamond.
Tell the person who you're working with ob the diamond that you want to hold the stone until you get your setting quote. They are usually flexible. Or at least, will try and speed up the quote:)

As for the aset I think it looks very bright.

They said the radiant will work with the setting but there is a $150 modification fee. They did not mention anything about the PS discount. They did say they could keep it reserved for me until 10 tonight...I am both excited and nervous about making the purchase. Anything else I need to consider before pulling the trigger?

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's very exciting -- super nice radiant!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASTROCREEP|1427310074|3852348 said:
They said the radiant will work with the setting but there is a $150 modification fee. They did not mention anything about the PS discount. They did say they could keep it reserved for me until 10 tonight...I am both excited and nervous about making the purchase. Anything else I need to consider before pulling the trigger?
They dont mention any discount, and they dont apply it to the setting only the stone, I'd refer to it as their "preferred customer" discount and see if they can take some off the stone, of they haven't already.

I can't tell you to buy it or not. But I feel like it ticks all the boxes. 1ct, colorless, vvs1, well cut radiant in a split shank halo. Is it missing anything?

Well I've placed the order for the ring! I've been told it should take a couple weeks to produce and I can't wait! Thanks again for everyone's help. You all have made the shopping experience go a lot smoother than I anticipated. I will surely post some pics once I've got the ring in hand!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASTROCREEP|1427329503|3852452 said:
Well I've placed the order for the ring! I've been told it should take a couple weeks to produce and I can't wait! Thanks again for everyone's help. You all have made the shopping experience go a lot smoother than I anticipated. I will surely post some pics once I've got the ring in hand!
Yay! Shell be blown away I'm sure! Were they able to take a little off the stone to keep you on budget or no?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I will be interested to see how they do on the setting, but you are getting a great diamond! :appl:

And I absolutely agree with Niel, be SURE they are going to make that halo with cut corners!!!

They ensured me that the corners will be cut to mimic the diamond. And the total with discounts applied was within the budget!

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ASTROCREEP|1427333697|3852477 said:
They ensured me that the corners will be cut to mimic the diamond. And the total with discounts applied was within the budget!
Well perfect. This ring compared to the original ring you posted in this thread is miles ahead. I'll be eager to see it finished. I hope your gal doesn't have to wait too long!

Here's the ring! I had trouble getting a good picture and it of course looks better in person. There is one thing that concerns me and I'll post a picture of that soon...

_587.png

If you look closely from the bottom of the ring you can notice the shoulder(?) is not perfectly aligned/mounted to the setting. If you look hard enough from the top it appears to be off ever so slightly. I think the only way I now notice from the top is because I noticed from the bottom which may just be psychological. Not sure it would ever be noticed unless pointed out and inspected very closely. Is it normal to not be perfectly aligned? I've marked it in red below to highlight what I'm talking about.

_29153.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How funny I was just thinking about you today, actually!

So how do you feel? Do you love the stone? Is the design what you wanted? Is the issue with the struts that bad that you need to send it back? I'm sure JA would fix your issue I'd you want them to address it.

It looks lovely. I'm not sure I see the issue you see. The pic kinda looks like the rings at an angle.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to see that diamond set! I am not sure about the picture, either. If the shank head is put on crooked, yes, I would want them to remake it. I'd have to see more pics, though.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Send them the pic and phone or email your concerns they should fix it for you. Other than that the ring is lovely!!!

Yeah it is difficult to see by picture and not very easy to see in person as well. I may get one of my friends to take a look and get their opinion. Besides maybe not being perfectly symmetrical I think the ring is great and she will love it!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it bugs you now and you can notice it, I would suggest getting it fixed asap rather than waiting that way there will be no argument with the vendor. I think it turned out beautifully hopefully she will love it.

ringmaven

Rough_Rock
That is the most incredible ring. Wow. I am hugely impressed!!!

chikoo

Rough_Rock
ASTROCREEP|1425075510|3839367 said:
She does. She tried this one at helzbergs and like it. I think she would like it with an emerald center stone.

http://www.helzberg.com/product/diamond+engagement+ring+2005394.do?sortby=ourPicksAscend&from=fn

Show her the pictures of many settings randomly (ones in your money range) and gauge her reaction. If she is like my mom, she will throw a fit even if you get her a million dollar ring, and if she is like my wife, she will love you just because you got her the ring :D

Ps: saw that u already got the ring and I was responding to a much earlier post. But the advice still stands!

Travelgal

Shiny_Rock
I would definitely contact them if the setting is off. That said- the finished product looks great. Really pretty ring.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The ring is beautiful. You did a wonderful job!!!

From the back it appears slightly off...Its tough to explain, but the top left edge is raised slighting more than the right side. Had a friend agree, but looking from the front it is very very difficult to tell if at all.

dsc01230.jpg

dsc012301.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results