carat
color
clarity

getting lost in stupid stuff

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
LoveLikeCrazy said:
antiquesparkler|1382108234|3540069 said:
LLC, I got that old wood frame from my grandmother and then I traced pretty letters onto black scrapbooking paper and wrote on it with a white paint pen. I made another one that says, "We're Eloping!" I like that one best. :bigsmile:
\

I wish i was crafty!!! I love the idea of a "we're eloping" one!!!!

AUD!!!!! almost single digits for you lady!!!! WOOHOO!

Received my fakie flowers last night. They are now safely in their box with a dust cover on them till next year. I also got a pink gerber daisy bout with pink ribbon. I don't think i expected the bouquet to be SO BIG, but i'm not complaining! I figured i can post a few pics! I got it from wedideas.com and the ladies were fantastic to work with and really helped me create a bouquet i am completely IN LOVE WITH and at a much cheaper cost than the craptastic options at sandals....BONUS - i can keep them forever :love: Sorry, the pics aren't so great! I rushed home after clinical and just snapped a few pics!

Also, after a few drinks - we frolicked into T&Co and my consultant was working. I buy myself "something" every semester that i do well in school so i was looking for my "gift" at the end of the semester. Well, i ended up buying SO's wedding band. It's the double milgrain band in platinum. LOL. Another thing crossed off my list, i suppose! So, i told him - no touching it! I will be able to tell if it's tampered with because the bow was tied so perfectly. I get up this morning and he is wearing it while watching the news and surfing the web! LOL WTF!!!

Yay on flowers and lol about him wearing it about! How does he like it? Mine is considering getting married with his grandfathers ring, so he wears it about to see of it's comfortable. I also wore mine (ssh don't tell!) off and ok before I hid it away for good to make sure I made the right decision. :)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AS -- :love: :love: :love: Beautiful!! I can't wait to see more. You guys are so cute! I LOVE your hair and eyes and his hair and... :love: You guys look so comfortable together! (which is super hard with a camera right there!)

Thanks all for the well wishes! I'll give more detailed over in the other thread. Got a "short" summary in there last night but lots more to come. Oh the things I learned!!!

Important lesson -- always leave more time than you think you could ever need (and then add more beyond!).

Also -- have a list of pictures you want. Either little thumbnails of pictures you loved or just a list of things you'd like pictures of. We got a few pictures with our rings (and my nails!!) but I would have loved more including some off of our hands (maybe in flowers or whatever). I got a couple of my shoes but would have liked more. Didn't get any of my dress hanging on our patio -- I'd thought about it but didn't make a list so forgot until after photographer was gone.
We ended pictures with a full hour of her time left because we couldn't think of any more off the top of our heads.
Oh well... Live, learn, and pass on advice to others!

I'm hoping to get my aunt to get a DVD of pictures my grandfather took so I can see them soon. He took pictured on Thursday at dinner and Friday before the photographer came. The couple who stayed longer at the winery had more pictures of us Saturday including with the owners of the winery. We now have lots of pics of us :appl: (e-pics, legal signing, religious ceremony, Thursday winery dinner, Friday wine tasting, Friday pro-pics, Saturday with friends...)

(I promise lots of pics as I get them!)

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Audball --- You're almost there!!!!! Your FI sounds so sweet :love: :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
LLC! The flowers are beautiful!!! Just what I pictured from what you described! And adorable about your FF putting on his ring!! It's so nice!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Mico|1382200503|3540672 said:
Yay on flowers and lol about him wearing it about! How does he like it? Mine is considering getting married with his grandfathers ring, so he wears it about to see of it's comfortable. I also wore mine (ssh don't tell!) off and ok before I hid it away for good to make sure I made the right decision. :)
PICS!! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1382297956|3541212 said:
Thanks all for the well wishes! I'll give more detailed over in the other thread. Got a "short" summary in there last night but lots more to come. Oh the things I learned!!!

Important lesson -- always leave more time than you think you could ever need (and then add more beyond!).

Also -- have a list of pictures you want. Either little thumbnails of pictures you loved or just a list of things you'd like pictures of. We got a few pictures with our rings (and my nails!!) but I would have loved more including some off of our hands (maybe in flowers or whatever). I got a couple of my shoes but would have liked more. Didn't get any of my dress hanging on our patio -- I'd thought about it but didn't make a list so forgot until after photographer was gone.
We ended pictures with a full hour of her time left because we couldn't think of any more off the top of our heads.
Oh well... Live, learn, and pass on advice to others!

I'm hoping to get my aunt to get a DVD of pictures my grandfather took so I can see them soon. He took pictured on Thursday at dinner and Friday before the photographer came. The couple who stayed longer at the winery had more pictures of us Saturday including with the owners of the winery. We now have lots of pics of us :appl: (e-pics, legal signing, religious ceremony, Thursday winery dinner, Friday wine tasting, Friday pro-pics, Saturday with friends...)

(I promise lots of pics as I get them!)
I'm so glad everything went well!! There are always mishaps, but it seems you took them in stride and still thoroughly enjoyed yourself over every day of your stay!! I can't wait to see pictures!! :))

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1382298026|3541214 said:
Audball --- You're almost there!!!!! Your FI sounds so sweet :love: :love:
Aww, thanks! We're officially in single digits today! He wrote on the board this morning, "Only 9 until we sign! Love you :) ". :love:

audball

Ideal_Rock
Well...we're officially in single digits! Only 9 days to go! :)) I pick up my dress tomorrow afternoon and I'm so anxious to have it back. I'm sooo nervous about the fit...it was fitting beautifully when I dropped it off (except for the shoulders which she's altering). I'm up just under 5 lbs from when I dropped it off and I'm so nervous it's not going to fit as nicely. I posted an update in the weight loss thread with more details...but I'm soooo drinking my weight in water to try to flush out all the retention I've got going on from so much bad food from so many events this week! After it's picked up, all I have left is the short to-do list!

We're going to wait and do thank you cards after we get back.

We'll drop off my ring for polishing/replated on Wednesday night I think, and pick it up either Saturday or Monday when I'll be in that area for my spa appointments.

This weekend we'll make a bank trip and get the little bit of cash we need for the non-credit payments (makeup artist and marriage license).

I have gotten all the info we need for the license and we'll be getting that taken care of first thing on Tuesday when we get into town.

I'm to the point where there really isn't anything "real" left to do, so I'm spending all my time stressing over things I have no control over. I'm just ready for it to be here already!

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked hair/makeup for day of
Booked elopement package
Booked additional nights stay
Selected officiant
Selected cake style/flavors
Purchased cake topper supplies
Booked dinner reservations for wedding dinner
Booked photographer
Ordered flower selections
Wrote personal vows
Finalized ceremony script and got it approved by the officiant
Scheduled engagement pictures
Purchased new point and shoot camera for trip
Purchased garment bags to transport wedding outfits
Purchased outfits for engagement pictures
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased fun socks for Groom
Purchased bridal hair accessory
Purchased undergarments for dress
Made spa appointments for pre-wedding beautification!
Assembled vows/stationary
Assembled/finished cake topper
Restrung pearls finished picked up
Purchased bridal shoes
Borrowed wedding earrings

IN PROGRESS:
Get dress altered

TO DO:
Thank you cards
Get engagement ring polished/replated
Put together final payments/cash tips for vendors
Go to spa appointments for beauty treatments
MARRIAGE LICENSE
Make sure all vendor bills have been played in full
Review wedding vendors online

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited you're almost there!!

Do you have all of your "must have" photos listed out for the photographer? I didn't have too many, but we did miss a couple. The day was too perfect to regret anything! It just would have been nice.

Oh....
I'm secretly contemplating having my gown re-fitted and getting a tux for FI so we can have more pictures taken on an anniversary. Maybe 1st? Maybe 5th? I don't know... Something close enough to not to super goofy or leave me with wrinkles and gray hairs but far enough out that he'll be feeling better and standing straight and both of us a bit thinner/fitter.
Ummm...
I loved my dress!

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1382392003|3541885 said:
I am so excited you're almost there!!

Do you have all of your "must have" photos listed out for the photographer? I didn't have too many, but we did miss a couple. The day was too perfect to regret anything! It just would have been nice.

Oh....
I'm secretly contemplating having my gown re-fitted and getting a tux for FI so we can have more pictures taken on an anniversary. Maybe 1st? Maybe 5th? I don't know... Something close enough to not to super goofy or leave me with wrinkles and gray hairs but far enough out that he'll be feeling better and standing straight and both of us a bit thinner/fitter.
Ummm...
I loved my dress!
Thanks!! We have chatted about shots we want, but I haven't made a formal list. I'll work on that!

I totally think you're not alone in wanting to wear your dress again. I'm sure that's why "trash the dress" sessions were born in the first place!

audball

Ideal_Rock
I pick up my dress today!! :)) I'm nervous and excited to see it. I hope it finally fits the way I've imagined in my head and that it actually closes! I drank so.much.water yesterday to try and flush all the crap out of me and it seriously helped! I was 154.6 this morning which is only 1.6 lbs more than when I dropped it off...that shouldn't be an issue!! Now to keep this going/maintaining for the next EIGHT DAYS! AHHHHH! I can't believe it's in EIGHT DAYS!!

That also means I need to finally choose a sweater (I bought a few, need to try them on together and return the others). I need to return the duplicate dress in the smaller size. Tomorrow we're going to drop off my ring for repolishing/replating so we'll be by the mall and should be able to make all the returns needed too.

I'm just so excited and nervous and anxious and ready all at the same time!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got to run, but wanted to stop by quickly and say EIGHT DAYS!!! :appl:

I'm sure your dress will be just as amazing as you've been hoping. Would you maybe want to keep the smaller dress to wear in future years on your anniversaries?

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1382455131|3542280 said:
I've got to run, but wanted to stop by quickly and say EIGHT DAYS!!! :appl:

I'm sure your dress will be just as amazing as you've been hoping. Would you maybe want to keep the smaller dress to wear in future years on your anniversaries?
Squee!! Thanks!!

And nah -- it's only 1 size smaller and it would need to be altered to be the same again. If I'm doing that, I'll just re-alter my actual dress so it's the real thing I actually wore.

antiquesparkler

Brilliant_Rock
So excited for you Aud!!! :appl:

audball

Ideal_Rock
antiquesparkler|1382458589|3542328 said:
So excited for you Aud!!! :appl:
Thanks!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Some updates from 8 days out! I got my dress picked up from the tailor! It fits PERFECTLY. She did a great job. We bought all the thank you card supplies and will get to writing eventually. We chatted with the jeweler today and have arranged to drop off my ring tomorrow evening for polishing and replating. This time next week we'll be having dinner in Savannah the night before we're getting married!! Ahhh!

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked elopement package
Selected officiant
Booked photographer
Wrote personal vows
Purchased clutch
Purchased stationary (small cards/envelopes) to write vows on for ceremony and to have as a keepsake
Purchased bridal shoes
Got dress altered

IN PROGRESS:
Thank you cards
Get engagement ring polished/replated

TO DO:
Put together final payments/cash tips for vendors
MARRIAGE LICENSE

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Audball -- Less than one week!!! :appl:

Got our thank-you cards purchased. Will start writing them after my calculus exam tomorrow. (3 to gift senders, 1 to amazing guest, 1 to amazing event coordinator)

Got to love/hate Outlook.... I had it set to remind me one WEEK before each exam this quarter so it decided to give me my one WEEK warning that I have an exam in calculus.... tomorrow :-o
I've been basing my study on one week until the exam so now I'm scrambling. (taking a break here to let my mind rest for a minute!)

Oh -- My mother called. Finally. (already?)
She wanted to let me know about a desk that she saw that may help DH and finally congratulated us... and then got down to what she wanted from me :rolleyes: All in under 10 minutes.
I know better than to pick up her phone call thinking she just called to say hi or congratulations or anything like that.

audball

Ideal_Rock
TooPatient|1382638302|3543837 said:
Audball -- Less than one week!!! :appl:

Got our thank-you cards purchased. Will start writing them after my calculus exam tomorrow. (3 to gift senders, 1 to amazing guest, 1 to amazing event coordinator)

Got to love/hate Outlook.... I had it set to remind me one WEEK before each exam this quarter so it decided to give me my one WEEK warning that I have an exam in calculus.... tomorrow :-o
I've been basing my study on one week until the exam so now I'm scrambling. (taking a break here to let my mind rest for a minute!)

Oh -- My mother called. Finally. (already?)
She wanted to let me know about a desk that she saw that may help DH and finally congratulated us... and then got down to what she wanted from me :rolleyes: All in under 10 minutes.
I know better than to pick up her phone call thinking she just called to say hi or congratulations or anything like that.
I know! So excited!!

Good luck on your exams!! And sorry to hear about your mother. She sounds unkind :(

audball

Ideal_Rock
Updates from me! We dropped off my ring for repolishing/replating last night. Got a call this morning that it was ready for pickup. We were planning to pick it up Saturday when we're downtown anyway for one of my spa appointments and lunch -- but I missed her so much since I got off work early today, I decided to go pick it up myself.

Well, after driving all the way there, I get there and it wasn't polished totally because there was still a visible spot on one side of the ring. AND the center stone was loose. Why wouldn't they have checked that and/or fixed it during the polishing/plating process? Ugh. Not happy. Had to leave it there for pickup on Saturday anyway after spending an hour+ of my time to go pick it up and waste my gas for nothing. Though, I guess it's better to have known it wasn't actually ready otherwise we would have noticed/found out on Saturday to have to leave it for a late pickup on Monday when we're leaving Tuesday morning! :-o

They're supposed to be really great and I think they mostly are, but this is just frustrating.

And thenI finally get home and my panty hose (weren't available in the right color in store) finally came in with just a few days to spare. I ordered two pairs for the (usually) inevitable moment where you snag/tear/etc the ones you're wearing if you don't have a backup.

I opened them up right away and checked them out. One pair is fine, the other has a hole and a snag in one leg! Ughh! And of course, now there isn't time for an exchange. I can return for a refund, but that doesn't help with a backup. I went to Target and found a decent backup pair that is a good color match for me, but they're not as high quality. I bought two pairs of those so I have the one good pair, and two cheaper backups, hopefully that'll be enough...

Other than that, the salon called today to confirm my appointment for waxing on Saturday. I added an eyebrow wax since I totally forgot about that and figured I'd just get it done while I'm there getting my lower legs/underarms done instead of going to my regular place at a different time.

Only one more day of work for me before the wedding!

ETA: I'm also frustrated because Friday (almost two weeks ago, 10/11) I went to the local nail place to get a gel manicure so that my long nails would hold out for my wedding manicure on 10/28. There were lots of people waiting and the guy rushed. He didn't do the shellac properly (letting it cure for the right amounts of time, etc) and rushed me out the door. The polish started lifting within days and my right pointer finger nail cracked on the side near the tip of my finger (ie: ruining the length). I've been keeping it patched in hopes that the nice salon where I'm getting my wedding manicure may be able to work with it, but I don't think it can be saved.

I'm getting a gel/shellac manicure for the wedding, but I'm not sure that can be applied to fake nails (if this does break/can't be saved, I was hoping she could put a fake tip on that finger only so that it would be the same length as my other nails), but I don't if she could. The place I normally get my eyebrows done is that nail salon so I didn't want to even look at them right now because I'm mad about my crap manicure and I don't feel like having them mess up my eyebrows (even though they never have) when it's for my wedding.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1382648205|3543919 said:
Updates from me! We dropped off my ring for repolishing/replating last night. Got a call this morning that it was ready for pickup. We were planning to pick it up Saturday when we're downtown anyway for one of my spa appointments and lunch -- but I missed her so much since I got off work early today, I decided to go pick it up myself.

Well, after driving all the way there, I get there and it wasn't polished totally because there was still a visible spot on one side of the ring. AND the center stone was loose. Why wouldn't they have checked that and/or fixed it during the polishing/plating process? Ugh. Not happy. Had to leave it there for pickup on Saturday anyway after spending an hour+ of my time to go pick it up and waste my gas for nothing. Though, I guess it's better to have known it wasn't actually ready otherwise we would have noticed/found out on Saturday to have to leave it for a late pickup on Monday when we're leaving Tuesday morning! :-o

I'm glad you took the time to go today! They have plenty of time to correct it for Saturday and then you have a couple of days extra to not have to stress. (It sucks that they didn't check, but at least you caught it early!)

They're supposed to be really great and I think they mostly are, but this is just frustrating.

And thenI finally get home and my panty hose (weren't available in the right color in store) finally came in with just a few days to spare. I ordered two pairs for the (usually) inevitable moment where you snag/tear/etc the ones you're wearing if you don't have a backup.

I opened them up right away and checked them out. One pair is fine, the other has a hole and a snag in one leg! Ughh! And of course, now there isn't time for an exchange. I can return for a refund, but that doesn't help with a backup. I went to Target and found a decent backup pair that is a good color match for me, but they're not as high quality. I bought two pairs of those so I have the one good pair, and two cheaper backups, hopefully that'll be enough...

I'm sure you'll be fine! Your nice pair will probably last the entire day without any problems since you went to all the trouble of having spares. If it comes to it, you can always get rid of the panty hose altogether and show off your legs like it was intentional! At the end of the day, you'll be married and really won't care :))

Other than that, the salon called today to confirm my appointment for waxing on Saturday. I added an eyebrow wax since I totally forgot about that and figured I'd just get it done while I'm there getting my lower legs/underarms done instead of going to my regular place at a different time.

Only one more day of work for me before the wedding!

OMG :appl: :appl: :appl: You are SOOOOO close!

ETA: I'm also frustrated because Friday (almost two weeks ago, 10/11) I went to the local nail place to get a gel manicure so that my long nails would hold out for my wedding manicure on 10/28. There were lots of people waiting and the guy rushed. He didn't do the shellac properly (letting it cure for the right amounts of time, etc) and rushed me out the door. The polish started lifting within days and my right pointer finger nail cracked on the side near the tip of my finger (ie: ruining the length). I've been keeping it patched in hopes that the nice salon where I'm getting my wedding manicure may be able to work with it, but I don't think it can be saved.

I hate being rushed. Sloppy work just to get an extra customer or two in by the end of the day is NOT okay :nono: I'm sure the nice salon will be able to do something - even if they need to do a new nail there.

I'm getting a gel/shellac manicure for the wedding, but I'm not sure that can be applied to fake nails (if this does break/can't be saved, I was hoping she could put a fake tip on that finger only so that it would be the same length as my other nails), but I don't if she could. The place I normally get my eyebrows done is that nail salon so I didn't want to even look at them right now because I'm mad about my crap manicure and I don't feel like having them mess up my eyebrows (even though they never have) when it's for my wedding.

Lots of replies above in color!

The last few days are something! Don't let these little things bug you. Your day will be perfect and magical no matter what! I know the last couple of days are crazy (venting or crying here helps!) but that will all go away once you get into your dress and are ready to marry the man you love. Take a deep breath and really enjoy each moment. It goes by so quickly!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks TP. I'm just feeling incredibly disappointed so far. I'm trying to let it all go but I'm having a really hard time. We checked the weather last night since we're now only 5 days out and I cried for over an hour. Our wedding day is going to be the hottest day of the week with humidity and no breeze. Right now it's forecasted to be within 3 degrees of the record high from nearly 80 years ago. We wanted weather in the 60s and we're getting weather in the 80s. I'm so so so upset. We're missing the cold front by just a few days and it cools right back off immediately after we leave. It's like a huge slap in the face.

My nail also officially broke the rest of the way off this morning. So now I'm going to either have to have fake nails to make them match or have an incredibly short stubby nails because of an idiot nail tech who couldn't take the time to do things properly for a service I paid for.

I've also got to make time to get my damaged panty hose dropped off at UPS for a return. Like I don't have a million more important things to do today besides returning and item I needed that came damaged.

I'm frustrated. I'm stressed. I'm disappointed. I'm a lot of things right now, and none of them are good.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Audball -- Big hugs! I know how hard the last few days are. Focus on one thing at a time. Keep crossing stuff off your list. I couldn't manage to relax at all. I know it would be nice, but for us worriers ot feels harder to relax than just keep working on stuff.

Weather -- I had wanted sunny and around 70
The weather report even a few days out had lots of perfect weather... Before Thursday and after Saturday... We were supposed to have clouds and rain and 60. Thursday came clear and 65ish. Friday was 68 and gorgeous. Saturday was 70 and perfect!

I hope the cold front sticks around another few days and you get just the weather you're hoping for!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks. I'm trying, really I am, to just let it go and accept whatever it is for what it will be. But it's hard. You plan for what you want, and to end up not getting it is extremely disappointing.

I hope the cold front sticks around, but not a single forecast is indicating that it will. It's hard to hope for something that is so unlikely.

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEk!! SO EXCITED FOR YOU AUD!!!

I have:
* Gotten a planner
* Visited a few venues
* Contacted a photo booth person
* Started on my weight-loss (down 6 pounds, woohoo!)
* Started on my beauty/skin-care regimen (Retin A Micro)
* Started on our wedding website. Most is complete, I just need the "his" section, the registry section, and the updated venue stuff!

Goal for November:
* Price out how much flowers will cost
* Price out how much photographers will cost
* Get a few more quotes for the photo booth
* Price out a silhouette artist
* Price out some videographers
* Continue weight-loss: Be down 15 pounds

I'm realizing that if I go backwards on pricing out little things, it will give me a left over sum to work with on the venue.

Goal for December:
* Book venues! This might not be realistic, but as long as I book by March, I'm happy.
* Continue weight-loss: Reach first weight-loss goal and change plans and approach

Goal for March:
* Ceremony location booked
* Small reception venue booked
* Larger reception venue booked
* Work on registry
* Complete wedding website

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Oh no, audball! Hope you're feeling much better today.
As for the weather - as somebody who is ALWAYS cold (I pretty much never even bother to take off my jacket in the office), I have to say that I would take 80 degrees over cold gray rainy weather any day. I'm sure it will be lovely!

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
Thank you so much to audball and TooPatient for inviting me into this thread - I'm currently ten pages in, and now the to-do lists seem helpful, as opposed to intimidating!
So let me start here, and I'll probably steal, ahem, adapt a lot from madelise's list, since we seem to be both in the early phases. :)

We're having a small, 20-25 guest wedding in VT on August 17, 2014, so 10 months to go.

*Already done*
- booked venue (YAY!!!)
- tried on dresses to see which style I prefer
- signed up for two Brides Across America events (sample gown giveaways for military brides). I'm a little nervous about this one, but all my previous dress appointments have resulted in me liking at least one dress out of 5-6, so hopefully between two salons I will be able to find something that I'll love
- fell in love with a photographer
- contacted 3 florists: 1 wasn't available on our date, one stopped replying when she found out our budget, one gave me a 90 minute phone consultation, said my budget was "not unrealistic", and was generally incredibly sweet, so I think we may have a winner! Waiting for an official quote from her
- started wedding website
- created save the date mockups
- blocked hotel rooms in one of the two hotels we'll be offering

*To-do short term*
- contact photographer to see if he will be willing to work with our budget. SUPER nervous about this and keep putting it off.
- decide on save the date layout and get them printed
- finalize guest list
- finish website; figure out registry situation (fiance is very much against registering, I'm willing to compromise and ask our guests to donate to Disabled American Veterans instead, however this might seem incredibly shallow, but for some reason it would be important for me to have some kind of memento from our wedding... So possibly offer either a tiny registry - I'm thinking flatware - or a donation?)
- get started on fiance's tux (we'll be ordering through Black Lapel, so need some time for any possible alterations/returns)

audball

Ideal_Rock
recordaras|1382796805|3545030 said:
Oh no, audball! Hope you're feeling much better today.
As for the weather - as somebody who is ALWAYS cold (I pretty much never even bother to take off my jacket in the office), I have to say that I would take 80 degrees over cold gray rainy weather any day. I'm sure it will be lovely!
Thanks hun! I'm feeling a bit better today, but I'm still more down than I should be. Just trying to let it go -- we can't control it.

We live in the land of the hot (Florida) where it's hot and humid mostly year round. We hate this weather and really wanted one of the rare days we get here where it's in the high 60s with low humidity and feels like FALL. Going 6 hours north into another state where the averages this time of year have been consistently there -- we thought we'd get it. It's just unseasonably warm from this long summer everyone had and simply the {bad} luck of the draw for us. Disappointing -- but I have to get over it so I don't spoil my mood on our day over something we can't control.

ETA: great progress so far recordas!

audball

Ideal_Rock
Updates from 4 days out! I went to the salon this morning and got my waxing done. Ouchies -- but no negative reactions so that's a relief! Monday is my manicure/pedicure. Sadly -- my cracked nail broke off all the way and it's MUCH shorter than the others. When confirming my nail appointment today, I got to chat with a nail tech who informed me they do not do any length enhancements there. Seriously. None. So I can either have it be the werido SUPER short nail and keep my other 9 this long beautiful length, or cut them all stubby short. I'm so upset.

I've called around all over to other nice salons but they're either closed on Monday or don't have available appointments. I have until tomorrow at 12:30 to cancel my Monday appointment at the current place without penalty -- but I'm not sure I'll have an answer by then. My only other choice is to go to any old walk-in nail place and hope to get a decent technician. I have no idea what to do. My hair and makeup artist in Savannah also does nails. I emailed her to ask what options she can think of or to see (if it's even possible to add a false tip with Shellac) if she could come earlier on the morning of to do a manicure too. We'll see what she says...

I also got my engagement ring picked up. Shiny like new this time and the stone is no longer loose. Woot woot. Now for an evening of fun with my love. We've got an Autumn Spice Crackling Wood Wick candle burning, we're going to carve our pumpkin, and after dinner, watch my favorite Halloween movie, Hocus Pocus.

Hope everyone else is doing well :))

DONE:
His wedding band
Her wedding band
Her dress
His suit/shirt/tie
Booked elopement package
Selected officiant
Booked photographer
Wrote personal vows
Purchased clutch
Purchased bridal shoes
Got dress altered
Got engagement ring polished/replated
Got together final payments/cash tips for vendors

IN PROGRESS:
Thank you cards

TO DO:
MARRIAGE LICENSE

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry about the nails!
Hopefully you'll hear back from the lady and she can take care of them for you!

Do you have any friends to give suggestions of another good place to go if you need to? I even started asking random people who work at grocery stores and doctor offices! People love a good compliment (Your nails are always so beautiful!) and are often happy to tell you where they go.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We're still settling in as a family. I mean, nothing has really changed and we were settling in as a family since "A" showed up last August.

"A" has told people that I'm not really related to her. "I mean... you're as much my family as she is!" (said to her friend right in front of me)

Just last week she was working on homework and needed pictures of her family. I dug out pictures of her mom and her mom's sister for her and then dug out a few of DH & me. She said "The teacher said a group photo is fine so it is okay if you're in the picture too." She went on to further explain that we're sort of a family but I'm not really related to her.... "I mean in a sort of indirect paper sort of way I suppose."

I'm glad to see "A" finally acknowledging that DH is her family (her mom always told her that he wasn't) but DH and I are working hard at being a family together. Him and me and "A". (We are NOT trying to push her mom out. We've gone out of our way to keep the two in contact and include her mom in stuff at school and other areas of life -- including having her in our home for A's b-day dinner last year)
I'm just feeling very NOT family right now. One of our wedding guests even commented on how "protective" A is of DH. That is one way to put it! I've already talked with DH and pointed out her behaviors to him. I don't want it to be him & me.... and "A" but I am getting really frustrated that it is him & "A"........ and me. She moves herself to be next to him when we're out so you've got the two of them together and then me (if there's room). We've actually been places where you've got DH & "A" sitting together at one table and no room for me so I sit at a different table in another room. This even happened at the wine tasting we did with our guests at the winery! (He hadn't even realized :rolleyes: but after I pointed it out and said I've had other people mentioning it to me, he did realize that this was happening and asked me to help him see it in future because it isn't okay.)

This has gotten worse over the last few weeks.
I'm in the office right now with dinner heating in the oven because I just can't bring myself to be in the living room. I had been out there with them most of the day. We'd been talking but every time I went to add anything, "A" jumped in (not quite interrupting, but clearly pushing me aside). I've got homework due tomorrow evening so I decided to work on that in the living room while the two of them kept talking. Every single time I tried to ask DH a question on my homework, "A" would jump in with a continuation or shift in their conversation.
So pretty much every time DH & I are talking she'll put an end to it. She's REALLY good at doing it in such a way that you can't even really say anything about it! (some question about her homework, something that happened in class that day, a question she missed on a test, etc)

To make matters even more frustrating things have been so busy with going to drs and planning the wedding and going to drs and my school and going to drs that DH and I really haven't had much time alone or even to just sit next to each other and relax. Oh... and he's not able to :naughty: due to his back/neck issues. Not just tired but actually unable...

Sorry for the vent!
I'm just super frustrated and lonely right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results