Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/3/2010 9:35:23 AM
Author: Loves Vintage

Date: 6/3/2010 9:09:26 AM
Author: Laila619

Date: 6/2/2010 1:13:21 PM
Author: Lanie
Did you guys get/are you getting bumpers for the crib? I think they are so cute, but keep reading bad things about them...
I'm not getting a bumper. I've read they increase the risk of SIDS.
I've noticed a LOT of people selling bumpers only (not with the rest of a set) on Craigslist, but never understood why. Huh. Guess this explains it.

I also notice a LOT of people selling used car seats, but apparently you should not purchase them used because they do age with use . . .

Getting any closer to design decisions, Laila? Here's a blankie, which happens to be gender-neutral, that I must have!
Ooh, LOVE that blankie, LV! It's so pretty and looks like it'd be so soft and cuddly.

We'll probably end up doing what Fiery said, getting a cute fitted sheet and crib skirt only. The $$ bedding set will probably go to waste, since I won't use the bumper.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I may be a girl, but I'm just not a fan of pink or overly girly things. I would like to make our nursery mostly gender neutral, though we would plan to know the sex in advance. I just love greens/yellows/browns/etc over bright pink or blue rooms and I think they're more fun.

Because we're bunny people, I would love to do a bunny themed nursery, which could be gender neutral. I'd even like to get someone on Etsy to draw cutesy cartoon pictures of our own bunnies to hang on the wall. Though if it's a boy, DH will probably want to do a dinosaur theme.
3.gif
Either way, it would be in gender neutral colors.

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2010 10:23:02 AM
Author: vespergirl
This Bunny Meadow pattern from BRU is my favorite. I really wanted to redo my nursery in this theme, but since I already had the nursery done up from my first boy, I couldn''t justify the cost of redecorating for another boy.

I love this brown & sage theme, though - so soothing!

I can''t get the picture to upload, so here''s a link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3341350

I would love to use that bunny bedding in my bunny themed nursery!

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
Good luck LV with not spending too much money in Etsy! LOL
3.gif
. When PS2 is up and running, I want to do an "I love Etsy" thread so everyone can post their favorite etsy seller
9.gif

El-I HATED pink things too but I love it now. I have to tell myself when shopping that I will not buy a pink outfit or shirt and seek out different colors otherwise my shopping bag looks like an explosion of pepto.

Sophia''s room is lavendar/white/chocolate.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/3/2010 12:46:59 PM
Author: elrohwen
I may be a girl, but I''m just not a fan of pink or overly girly things. I would like to make our nursery mostly gender neutral, though we would plan to know the sex in advance. I just love greens/yellows/browns/etc over bright pink or blue rooms and I think they''re more fun.

Because we''re bunny people, I would love to do a bunny themed nursery, which could be gender neutral. I''d even like to get someone on Etsy to draw cutesy cartoon pictures of our own bunnies to hang on the wall. Though if it''s a boy, DH will probably want to do a dinosaur theme.
3.gif
Either way, it would be in gender neutral colors.

OMG, poshtots has the most beautiful bunny bedding and nursery decor. Of course it would requiring putting a second mortgage on your house to buy it, but it''s soo pretty.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Neither of the two pictures I am uploading is an actual photo of my daughter''s bedroom, but each is meant to evoke what her bedrooms were like when she was a baby and a young child. (She had bedrooms in two houses since we moved when she was two.) Each bedroom had pale yellow walls with white trim. Her furniture was glossy white. In the first house I remember I lay down pale yellow wall-to-wall carpeting. In the second (where we also had hard wood floors), I think I got smarter through experience! I think I went with area rugs! I had had hand made baby quilts made, but I don''t think they were hung on the walls!

Deb/AGBF
34.gif

YellowVintageBabyNursey.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This photograph also suggests my daughter''s bedrooms. Her crib would not have been natural wood, however.

AGBF
34.gif

YellowBabyNursery.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results