shape
carat
color
clarity

gemburionline

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
please keep us posted =)

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
I must also say Tan is the "man"..did you know he is also odysseygem on ebay..thats 2810 feedback with 100% positive...thats over 4000 stones shipped with flawless feedback...i know many USA sellers who don't have numbers like that who are also honest and have excellent stones...thats very very good especially on ebay and from Thailand...odysseygems is also his online website..he is also vvs1gem on ebay but thats his new ID..still 100%...hard to beat some of those prices and hard to get 100% feedback with over 4000 stones shipped..thats damn good...go check out his odysseygem site on ebay

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:57:56 AM
Author: amethystguy
I must also say Tan is the ''man''..did you know he is also odysseygem on ebay..thats 2810 feedback with 100% positive...thats over 4000 stones shipped with flawless feedback...i know many USA sellers who don''t have numbers like that who are also honest and have excellent stones...thats very very good especially on ebay and from Thailand...odysseygems is also his online website..he is also vvs1gem on ebay but thats his new ID..still 100%...hard to beat some of those prices and hard to get 100% feedback with over 4000 stones shipped..thats damn good...go check out his odysseygem site on ebay

why does he have so many ebay handles?
are they set up to cater to niche markets?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock

Well, the package arrived today. No, scratch that..."A" package arrived today.

The wrong stones were in my package. These stones were supposed to be sent to someone in...you guessed it...Missouri.

So someone in MO has my tanzanite, and I have 2 spinels and a tourmaline that were supposed to be sent to her.

I''m going to email the intended recipient of these stones as well as Tan and see what we can do. The prices for my stone vs these 3 stones were similar. But I wanted an asscher tanzanite, not these 3 oval stones.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
LOL...ahh..that sucks..to bad it wasn''t like a 10ct tanzy and a 8ct fire orange spess mix up.......LOL....[jstar says]"nope i got my stones..love ''em...don''t know where yours are at missouri guy"...LOL..hehehehe

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''d like to hear from this woman in MO first, but I will send her package out to her either way. Tan has promised me a full refund plus shipping charges if my tanzanite never makes it back to me. According to the invoice, the price of my tanzanite and her 3 stones combined are comparable, so it''s not like either of us wins out a lot by keeping the other''s package.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/19/2010 11:17:04 AM
Author: jstarfireb
Well, I''d like to hear from this woman in MO first, but I will send her package out to her either way. Tan has promised me a full refund plus shipping charges if my tanzanite never makes it back to me. According to the invoice, the price of my tanzanite and her 3 stones combined are comparable, so it''s not like either of us wins out a lot by keeping the other''s package.
Oh no!! You poor thing. I feel so bad for you. I hope you get your stone. I am going to send you some good luck dust!!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Jstar I feel your pain. It''s awful waiting for something and then for this to happen. I hope that the person who''s got your parcel is as honest as you and sends it to its rightful home. Keeping everything crossed for you. x

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thank you, TL and LD! I''m keeping my fingers crossed...the package has been in MO since 2/13, but it was delivered to a PO box, so it''s possible she hasn''t picked it up yet. I''ll give it a few weeks before I start asking for refunds.

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel so sorry for you.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/18/2010 12:57:56 AM
I must also say Tan is the ''man''..did you know he is also odysseygem on ebay..thats 2810 feedback with 100% positive...thats over 4000 stones shipped with flawless feedback...i know many USA sellers who don''t have numbers like that who are also honest and have excellent stones...thats very very good especially on ebay and from Thailand...odysseygems is also his online website..he is also vvs1gem on ebay but thats his new ID..still 100%...hard to beat some of those prices and hard to get 100% feedback with over 4000 stones shipped..thats damn good...go check out his odysseygem site on ebay
Wow, that''s quite an endorsement from our resident e-bay "Caped Crusader". If Jason thinks he''s a good guy, then that''s enough for me.
35.gif

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for your support, crasru!

I guess it''s good that I''ve been able to start a thread bringing to light a good Thai gem dealer on ebay...shipping issues notwithstanding. It''s just hard to get really positive about someone who sent my gem to the wrong person.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jstar,
I know how you feel; sometimes it doesn''t matter that the value of the items are the same because you want YOUR stones. You probably prefer to receive the stones you purchased rather than get your money back too, as I once did when my stone was lost in transit from the vendor. I''m so sorry to hear of your troubles and hope that your precious makes it back to you.

haagen_dazs

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 9:50:44 PM
Thanks for your support, crasru!

I guess it''s good that I''ve been able to start a thread bringing to light a good Thai gem dealer on ebay...shipping issues notwithstanding. It''s just hard to get really positive about someone who sent my gem to the wrong person.

mistakes do happen BUT if the dealer is able to honestly rectify it for you, i think thats a really good thing
you can be in a lot worse a situation if the dealer does not care. furthurmore, he is out on the opposite side of the globe and could just simply run away from the problem

it sounds like the dealer is doing his utmost to help you so hang tight and just be patient.
i am sure things will turn out fine.
=)

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/19/2010 10:22:04 PM
Author: Chrono
Jstar,
I know how you feel; sometimes it doesn''t matter that the value of the items are the same because you want YOUR stones. You probably prefer to receive the stones you purchased rather than get your money back too, as I once did when my stone was lost in transit from the vendor. I''m so sorry to hear of your troubles and hope that your precious makes it back to you.

Yes Chrono, that is absolutely what''s bothering me. It''s OK that I have the guarantee of getting my money back and of course admirable of Tan to own up to the mistake. But what I really want was my stone, not the money...

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Here is what Tan said when I emailed him about the mix up..I had said "Tan doesn't look good when something like this happens and a couple folks have spoken good things about you"
"I feel bad and sad for this mistake. This shouldn't be happened. My staff mixed both surname Jennifer. I'm learning another lesson and will make another step in our outgoing package control.
Please apologize to Jennifer on my behalf again if you speak to her."
Thanks
Tan

It's good that things will get resolved one way or another..just sucks because you have been waiting and waiting for that nice little present to get there and this happens. The way is sounds is missouri gal is also a jennifer. I have no idea what it's like shipping from another country..for me it's easy..pretty much everything is done through paypal even the printing of the label so it's real hard to screw that up but thats here and not there. I noticed with my packages from him they are handwritten and it's a lot easier to make mistakes that way.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Thanks amguy, also helps to know you''ve contacted Tan too.

Good news...the girl from Missouri got back to me and is sending the tanzanite to me!!! I''m so relieved to know I''ll really be getting it.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
For those of you waiting with bated breath for the outcome...the stone is here! I think it''s really pretty. Great purple color with gorgeous flashes. It''s probably my nicest tanzanite so far (that''s not saying too much because I buy mall store tanzanite). Anyway, I owe you some pics...

gemburitanz1.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
First one with flash, this without. It''s next to my unheated Bob Kast oval tanzanite, which is substantially lighter in color, but a brilliant and nicely cut oval.

gemburitanz2.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
For some reason I like to take pics of my gems on my touchpad...it seems to work better as a background than a table/desk.

gemburitanz3.jpg

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Last one. Not the greatest photo skills, but you get the idea! Anyway, the vendor pic is quite true to life, of course magnified because the stone is only 5mm. Now to figure out how to set it...

gemburitanz4.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*huge sighs of relief* I''m so glad you got your parcel switcheroo sorted out. Not a bad stone at all although I wish we can get a better closeup to see the faceting.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
So do I! I''m actually meeting up with MTG today, and she has a much better camera, so I''ll ask her to bring it. These were taken with my Droid, which is better than my old 3.2 MP digital camera. The second photo is the best for seeing the faceting.

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
So other than the shipping issue all things turned out okay? How was the color in his pics compared to the stone you recieved..pretty close..spot on..or way off?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 2:35:58 PM
So other than the shipping issue all things turned out okay? How was the color in his pics compared to the stone you recieved..pretty close..spot on..or way off?

Yup, and I'd say the color on his photo was pretty close, but not spot on. The photo has a little more blue than I see in my stone. The first 2 photos I took are a pretty accurate representation of the color (especially the second; the flash tends to give it a blue tinge). While the shipping issue makes me hesitate just a tad, I'm otherwise happy to buy from Tan again. He was very courteous and pleasant through the whole thing.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Jstar,

I think it looks great, if you don''t mind me asking what you paid for it? and if you bargained at all?

I am looking for a pair of 6X6 - 7X7 asscher tanzanites and after seeing yours I might consider Tan.

Thanks,
CCl

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jstar,
Glad to finally see you got your tanzanite. How fun, what a pretty stone. What are your plans for it?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
TL, I''m not sure yet! I know tanzanites usually fare better as pendants or earrings, but I like pendants in larger sizes than this; it''s really the perfect size for an occasional wear ring.

CCL, no problem at all. I think I paid $68 using Buy It Now. Didn''t try to bargain. I didn''t see any others on his store, but you could always message him and see what else he has.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/27/2010 4:14:45 PM
TL, I''m not sure yet! I know tanzanites usually fare better as pendants or earrings, but I like pendants in larger sizes than this; it''s really the perfect size for an occasional wear ring.

CCL, no problem at all. I think I paid $68 using Buy It Now. Didn''t try to bargain. I didn''t see any others on his store, but you could always message him and see what else he has.
Thanks.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Its got great sparkle on it and I like the color! thats def. not bad for 68 bucks!

-A

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results