shape
carat
color
clarity

FURIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news PGtips.

I have a question for Oscar and any other vendors.

What is your policy about about selling diamonds with reports when you don't actually have the report in hand yet?

Isn't it customary that the report always travels with the diamond?
Under what situation would a diamond and its report get separated?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 12:35:41 PM
Author: kenny
Great news PGtips.

I have a question for Oscar and any other vendors.

What is your policy about about selling diamonds with reports when you don''t actually have the report in hand yet?

Isn''t it customary that the report always travels with the diamond?

when a diamond is sent out on memo or loan in other words it is very common for the actual owner of the stone to hold on to the cert until the diamond is paid for.
Then once the vendor buys the diamond from the wholesaler they get the original cert and can pass it on to the client.
That is where it fell apart the vendor didnt get the cert and the follow up on it was far less than ideal on the vendors part.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So since sellers can now sell from this huge list of stones that they don't actually own customers should not expect to recieve the report at the time of sale?

I think if I bought a diamond I would offer a refundable deposit and wait till the report comes in to complete the sale.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 12:50:39 PM
So since sellers can now sell from this huge list of stones that they don''t actually own customers should not expect to recieve the report at the time of sale?

I think if I bought a diamond I would offer a refundable deposit and wait till the report comes in to complete the sale.

I didnt say it was good or even that i like it but its reality of how it works in a lot of cases.
The solution is to buy from a stocking vendor who has what you want in stock and not on memo.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do I find out who the stocking vendor is?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 11/2/2005 12:35:41 PM

Isn''t it customary that the report always travels with the diamond?
The diamond almost NEVER travels with the report, but rather a copy of the report to prevent just this very occurance. Normally when a diamond is sent to a vendor on memo it will have a copy of the report with it because too many times the diamonds would be returned without the original then phone tag and email tag would begin to get it back and often the original owner of the diamond would end up paying for a duplicate report, which also has the nasty word, "Duplicate" written right across the face of the report.

Only when the diamond is reported sold is the original sent to the buyer.

I can not state emphatically that this is true for all diamond dealers, but I know it to be true for the majority that I have ever worked with.

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Kenny,

It is easy to ask any vendor if he has the stones in house or if he has a huge list on memo.

Actually having a diamond in on memo is not a lot different than owning it in that it is in house and pictures can be taken. What happens with a LARGE percentage of diamonds listed on the net is that the listing vendor does not have the stones, has never seen the stones, and does not even know for sure if the stone is still available. Any time you can find the diamond listed on more than one site you can be fairly sure that this is the case.

Occassionally I will list some of my stones on Polygon, it is interesting to then be able to find them listed on dozens of sites, even though I have them in my physical possession, and none of the listers have even bothered to ask me if I would do business with them. If they get a buyer for the stone they will call me to ask if it is available. I have only a few stones and no desire to sell them this way so I have only done that a couple of times as an experiment to see what would happen. While I was not overly pleased to see what happened, it confirmed my belief that many sites just list every thing they can find to list and then try to redirect you to a similar stone if that one is not available when they get a call for it.

I remember once selling a stone to an internet client on Friday. On Monday he called wanting a refund as he found the same stone on the net for $50 or $100 less. I told him that I physically owned the diamond and had purchased it from a wholesaler at his request and after his inspection and go ahead. I asked him to try to ask the vendor to get him the stone and advised him that he would be instructed that the diamond was not in house at the moment and would he like to look at another similar stone. (This was a diamond that I had specifically located for him at his request, it was not listed on my site. We do not normally list diamonds that we do not physically have in house except when we know something is coming from Paul.)

He informed me that this had in fact been their exact conversation just a few minutes earlier but that when pressed they said they would "try" to get the diamond from my vendor when I returned the diamond. I just laughed and said that when I did not have the diamond that it was $300 cheaper... He ended up keeping the stone, as it was perfectly square where as all the replacement offers were from .08mm to .35mm off from square and he really liked buying a stone that was 0.00mm off from square.

When I had a chance to talk to the vendor later he informed me that he had requested several times from the internet lister that they not list his stones and that he would not sell to them even if I had returned the diamond.

It is an interesting world out there. The internet allows great transparency and information to be shared, and it allows some to appear to be what they are not, huge owners of diamonds when in fact they own virtually nothing but their web site. Some of us appear small and are by choice not trying to appear to be more than we are, others appear small and are actually Huge and then of course there are the "real players" like Blue Nile with millions of dollars of other people''s money to build an incredible infrastructure with. Your job/task/adventure is to separate them and to decide with whom you want to do business. Thje easiest way I can think of to find out who owns, and who does not is to ask. If you can not get to a real person to talk with, chances are they stock less than they represent.

Wink

AbaziasDiamonds

Rough_Rock
Dear Pgtips,

We just wanted to remind you we sent a copy of the certificate to your email address last week. The Original certificate is being mailed as we speak Global Priority Mail. We haven’t heard back from you, verifying you received the certificate, so we wanted to make sure. We are happy that we were all able to find a resolution to this difficult situation.

Thank you again,
Erin

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh that''s wonderful, she will be very happy..

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone -

I wanted to let you guys know that I JUST now received the EGL certificate from Abazias today, November 15th.

I am so grateful that Pricescope helped me in finally obtaining this certificate that we paid for. It was a long time coming. Thank you all for your support.

ello

Brilliant_Rock
PGTips - that''s wonderful news. I''m so glad it finally arrived.
36.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I am glad you have you EGL report!
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/15/2005 6:40:34 AM
Author: PGTips
Hi Everyone -

I wanted to let you guys know that I JUST now received the EGL certificate from Abazias today, November 15th.

I am so grateful that Pricescope helped me in finally obtaining this certificate that we paid for. It was a long time coming. Thank you all for your support.

Glad to hear it finaly got there :}
congrates! now enjoy that awesome asscher :}

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Yes, hurray for you! I bet that''s a relief. I''m so glad everything finally worked out for you
36.gif

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
PG Tips,

If you are still reading this, I wanted you to know that you own my favorite e-ring on the entire pricescope site. Being a bit shy about huge rocks, I even like yours more than Harlowqueens. I wish I had found that deal! My 1 ct. was about the same price...

Hope you are still enjoying it!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results