shape
carat
color
clarity

FURIOUS!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hey there Joker... just wanted to bring in a little gun to say I don''t see any problem with that statement.
2.gif

Reading through the thread, I was up in arms, but I think Oscar has done the right thing by apologizing and offering to make it right. Don''t be hysterical -- give him some time to follow through on that. A fourteen-line sentence full of legalese isn''t going to change his intent any.

Yay PS for stepping in!
36.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/24/2005 7:14:27 PM
Author: The Joker

Am I the only one who is bothered by this statement???

I wasn't bothered by it, but I like your approach and Kenny's. I think it's chivalrous, actually. Storm is usually more intemperate than he is being now, but if Oscar disappoints him, he'll get together with you and Kenny. You can form a posse and meet Oscar at High Noon in the middle of a dusty street that the townsfolk have prudently emptied :).

Deb

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 8:40:00 PM
Author: AGBF

I wasn''t bothered by it, but I like your approach and Kenny''s. I think it''s chivalrous, actually. Storm is usually more intemperate than he is being now, but if Oscar disappoints him, he''ll get together with you and Kenny. You can form a posse and meet Oscar at High Noon in the middle of a dusty street that the townsfolk have prudently emptied :).

Deb

something like that.
And no he doesnt have 5 months to settle it in my book like the other poster claimed.
As the old saying goes Sometimes you have to smack a mule accross the head with a 2x4 to gets its attention then it gets moving.
They have been smacked accross the head with a 2x4 and we have their attention.
Now is the time to let them move.
But keep the 2x4 handy :}

MiniMouse

Brilliant_Rock
Oscar, it''s really good to hear you''re doing what you can to put this situation right. We all like a success story, even if it takes a little while.

NEdiamondguy

Rough_Rock
Hey, PG...

Sorry ''bout the trouble you are having. You say that the stone is worth less without its EGl cert and I would disagree. As a jeweler, the ONLY certs I put any creedence in are AGS and GIA and even those I will double check and re-grade myself to make sure I agree. Almost all of the others in the "alphabet soup" out there (EGL,GGL,AGL, etc.) will grade VERY loosely I have found. In some cases putting whatever the store owner wants them to put on the cert to make the stone easier to sell. I have run into this time and time again. Ever wonder why some labs certify a stone as "SI3" when this is not a recognized grade by the GIA? (yet) Its because the store owner/website doesn''t want to sell "I" quality goods. It''s a tough world out there, but if you truly want to add value to the stone, pay GIA or AGS the $150 and get a clean cert
26.gif

That''s my 2 cents worth...

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
NEDiamondGuy,

I would not quite accuse EGL USA of putting whatever grade the jeweler wants on the report. How about checking out this study; it at the very least makes for an interesting read.

And welcome to PS
35.gif

mepearl53

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I learned a interest bit of info this morning. With the EGL America you can go to their website and type the number of the certificate in and find a on line copy. Wonder if EGL Europe has it?

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Hey NEdiamondguy -

Thanks for your comments. I think I''ll take your advice (and the advice of others) and, if we need to go to the trouble of re-certifying the diamond, having it done by GIA or AGS since they are the most credible, it seems.

No word from Abazia''s today. I guess I am just waiting and they''ll contact me when they hear something on their end... We are five hours ahead of Florida time, but I would have thought they''d at least attempt to phone me back once... I''d kind of like to know at what point they will consider this certificate officially "lost" and unretrieveable. Surely someone along the chain knows for sure that the certificate is lost and can at least confirm this?

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 4:00:30 PM
Author: mepearl53
I learned a interest bit of info this morning. With the EGL America you can go to their website and type the number of the certificate in and find a on line copy. Wonder if EGL Europe has it?

mepear153 -

That is interesting. Unfortunately, the problem Abazia''s has is that the EGL certificate number is nowhere to be found either. So, its not possible to research the certificate info with the number.
7.gif

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Hey PGTips,

There is another obstacle. There are some holidays that may have the original vendor closed. It''s Ramadan, I think. Although that may not be the case depending on the country the original vendor is in.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 7:57:21 PM

Joker....
Out come the big guns to Quiet Me.

12,251 + 5,598 + 6,077

Wow, I must be wrong.

Lets just give Oscar another 5 months to ''Make this Right''

Joker...
I''m sorry but this made me laugh. Man, I have missed alot but I''ll keep my opinions to myself until we find out the outcome of this unfortunate situation.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 10/25/2005 4:39:23 PM
Author: lumpkin
Hey PGTips,

There is another obstacle. There are some holidays that may have the original vendor closed. It''s Ramadan, I think. Although that may not be the case depending on the country the original vendor is in.

You are correct that many in the industry are closed in observance of Holy days.

Wink

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Here is the diamond/ring in question. We finally managed to take some pictures of it!

apricescope1.jpg

The Joker

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/24/2005 2:49:47 PM
Author: AbaziasDiamonds

On the matter of the invoice, this is a simple enough fix. You will have one emailed to you before the day is done.

Sincerely, Oscar Rodriguez.
Hi PGTips,

I just have one question for you today. Did you receive your invoice?
You didn't mention if you received it or not.

Joker....

By the way, very nice looking ring!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 9:11:21 AM
Author: PGTips
Here is the diamond/ring in question. We finally managed to take some pictures of it!
yummy!
I love the setting to go with that kicken asscher :}
simple and classy, perfect to highlight the diamond.
Dont let the cert mess affect your feelings for it, it is a great ring that symbolizes an even greater commitment :}

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 9:16:42 AM
Date: 10/24/2005 2:49:47 PM

Author: AbaziasDiamonds

On the matter of the invoice, this is a simple enough fix. You will have one emailed to you before the day is done.

Sincerely, Oscar Rodriguez.

Hi PGTips,

I just have one question for you today. Did you receive your invoice?

You didn''t mention if you received it or not.

Joker....

By the way, very nice looking ring!

Joker -

Yes, we did receive an email invoice from Abazias after Oscar promised to send it. I am pleased to have received that, at least. (and Thanks for the compliment on the ring).

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 9:17:49 AM
Author: strmrdr

yummy!

I love the setting to go with that kicken asscher :}

simple and classy, perfect to highlight the diamond.

Dont let the cert mess affect your feelings for it, it is a great ring that symbolizes an even greater commitment :}

Thanks Strm. I am pleased that you like it! I really appreciate your comments about not letting this affect how I feel about the ring. I''m trying not to let this affect my feelings about the diamond. I won''t deny that it has tarnished my feelings about the diamond a little. Though, everyone''s support and kind words have really minimized that. Now I''ll just continue to wait to hear from Abazias...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful diamond, and ring!
3.gif

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Date: 10/25/2005 7:56:22 PM
Author: Wink
Date: 10/25/2005 4:39:23 PM

Author: lumpkin

Hey PGTips,

You are correct that many in the industry are closed in observance of Holy days.

Wink

Lumpkin and Wink -

Funny - just after you wrote that, I got an email from Abazias...

"...Oscar asked me to write you, and let you know that he is working very hard at trying to get in touch with EGL directly. On Friday, once the Jewish holiday is over, he will be able to talk to the owner of the company that your diamond originated from and whom he can have directly call EGL. He will have some additional information on Friday. Thank you for your patience, and again we are sorry that this was not taken care of sooner..."

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Oh, PG, please don''t let this mess affect your love for your ring. That diamond is so stunning, and it is not less so for lack of paper in hand.
2.gif
When you have the grading document, it will not be any more beautiful than it is now. Deep breaths. Your diamond is superb, and your setting is elegant and classy. I must say that of the two that could have gone missing, I''d rather be hunting the document than the diamond. The diamond is what it is. (a rose by any other name, etc.)
Much better to show people your ring and complain that they can''t find the document, than to show them the cert. and say, "if you think this looks great, you should see the diamond."
9.gif
Good luck.

shay

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/26/2005 4:21:50 PM
Author: Shay37
Much better to show people your ring and complain that they can''t find the document, than to show them the cert. and say, ''if you think this looks great, you should see the diamond.
shay

Truer words were never spoken, LOL!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Oh, PGTips! I fell in love with your beautiful asscher/ring on the other thread, but didn''t put it together that you are FURIOUS!....it is SO magnificent!
30.gif
30.gif

I do hope you can relax and enjoy that incredible treasure on your finger!

Obviously the cert situation is on its way to being resolved, one way or the other....in the mean time...ENJOY!!

It''s fabulous!!!
36.gif

widget

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone for your nice comments on my ring! I appreciate that! I hear what you''re saying about "at least the diamond isn''t what''s missing..." and I agree. My level of irritation is nowhere near as high as if the diamond were missing! Aye yi yi! I hate to even think of that scenario! I seem to recall someone on this board saying his jeweler lost his diamond and couldn''t find it. That would be terrible!

I know it seems like a small detail, but I will still feel much better once I have certification for my diamond.

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to keep you guys posted on what is going on with Abazias. Still no return phone call, but they have emailed me several times since I started this thread. (Thank goodness for Pricescope!!)

The latest email they just sent me was a copy of a fax from their vendor who sold them my diamond. It is addressed to Oscar. The vendor is apologizing profusely for the mix-up. From the fax, it looks like the vendor has only just learned of the situation, though. He says he just returned back from a trip to Israel and feels terrible about what has happened. He says that they shipped the EGL certificate from Antwerp to New York and it was never received in New York.

The vendor assures Oscar that the problem was entirely his own fault and not Abazias'' fault.

Still, my complaint is not really with that vendor. My complaint is that Abazias dropped the ball for months and seemed not to be chasing down this certificate. Even though it may be the vendors fault for losing track of this certificate, I think Abazias shares some responsibility since they sold us the diamond and from that point on, they should have felt an obligation to get a certificate to me ASAP.

I''m sure I''ll hear more info in the next few days. Abazias seems to be much more helpful now.
28.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
any updates?

PGTips

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/1/2005 8:44:02 AM
any updates?

The last I heard from Abazias was on last Friday, the 28th of October. They sent this email:

"...Oscar asked me to tell you that EGL is reissuing the certificate and he spoke with them personally. We will have it shipped to you the same day we receive it. I’m glad we have finally gotten some response and we will have you taken care of like you should have been in the first place..."

I haven''t heard anything from them since last Friday, but I guess they''re in the process of issuing another certificate...

I am not sure how they''re able to do that when I thought they didn''t know the original certificate number.

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/2/2005 11:11:41 AM
Author: PGTips

Date: 11/1/2005 8:44:02 AM
any updates?
I am not sure how they''re able to do that when I thought they didn''t know the original certificate number.
It''s amazing what they can suddenly do when some pressure is applied.
20.gif

PGTips

Rough_Rock
It''s amazing what they can suddenly do when some pressure is applied.
20.gif

Rascal -

I think it is sad, but true. I really am so grateful to the Pricescope community for your help with this! Imagine if we''d gotten my diamond from some unknown B&M store that was giving me the run-around, telling me that they were working on getting my certificate. I could call all I wanted, but who would hold that store accountable? When I posted this thread, I was at my wit''s end. I couldn''t be more grateful that Leonid (and Richard Sherwood) each decided to step in and contact Abazia''s on my behalf. My experience should be a huge comfort to anyone buying from a Pricescope vendor. The Pricescope community is strong, and vendors apparently recognize the importance of maintaining a good reputation within this community.

I haven''t gotten the certificate yet, but feel confident that one way or another, the issue will be resolved soon.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear this is getting resolved for you.
Keep us updated on the status.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results