Fragrance of the Day Thread

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1409757780|3744033 said:
missy|1409756171|3744022 said:
ckrickett|1409755296|3744008 said:
missy|1409683544|3743518 said:
Good news ladies for those of you who love Le Labo perfumes! LuckyScent is once again able to offer them (only for the month of September) so for those of you interested here is the link.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/category/468/section/1/page/1/brand/Le_Labo.html?utm_source=scentletter&utm_medium=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx&utm_campaign=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx

Enjoy!
so tempted!

As far as I know it is the only place to get certain Le Labo fragrances in the states. I don't know how long LuckyScent has been offering these in Sept but the first year I missed it and I was so disappointed so the next year I made sure to take advantage and I got the Le Labo Vanille 44. Heaven.

I'll probably get a bunch of samples. I just got Armani Prive Rose Alexandrie and Rose Arabie (couldn't decided between the 2) and am going to get Oud Cashmere Mood Maison Francis Kurkdjian in the next few weeks so my fragrance budget for this month is zapped! But samples I can swing! :)

I love perfumer Francis Kurkdjian. His Tihota is TDF and to date my favorite perfume.
Samples are a good way to go! Enjoy!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1409759059|3744057 said:
ckrickett|1409757780|3744033 said:
missy|1409756171|3744022 said:
ckrickett|1409755296|3744008 said:
missy|1409683544|3743518 said:
Good news ladies for those of you who love Le Labo perfumes! LuckyScent is once again able to offer them (only for the month of September) so for those of you interested here is the link.

http://www.luckyscent.com/shop/category/468/section/1/page/1/brand/Le_Labo.html?utm_source=scentletter&utm_medium=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx&utm_campaign=9-2-14_email_LeLaboCityEx

Enjoy!
so tempted!

As far as I know it is the only place to get certain Le Labo fragrances in the states. I don't know how long LuckyScent has been offering these in Sept but the first year I missed it and I was so disappointed so the next year I made sure to take advantage and I got the Le Labo Vanille 44. Heaven.

I'll probably get a bunch of samples. I just got Armani Prive Rose Alexandrie and Rose Arabie (couldn't decided between the 2) and am going to get Oud Cashmere Mood Maison Francis Kurkdjian in the next few weeks so my fragrance budget for this month is zapped! But samples I can swing! :)

I love perfumer Francis Kurkdjian. His Tihota is TDF and to date my favorite perfume.
Samples are a good way to go! Enjoy!

I fell in love with him earlier this summer. I was pleased to find out he was the brains behind some of my favorite fragrances! I fell in love with Aqua Universalis Forte

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Just got the samples in and holy crap. They are amazing.
I got Gaiac 10, Vanille 44, Jasmin 17, and Baie rose 26. I will be buying a few!!!
going to wear them for the next few days to decide which ones I want!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't laugh, buuuutttttttt... I tried on a Nicki Manaj perfume, and it smelled soooo good that I actually bought it -- fug bottle and all!

Okay... you can laugh! :lol: :lol: :lol: :shifty:

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
msop04|1410044787|3746163 said:
Don't laugh, buuuutttttttt... I tried on a Nicki Manaj perfume, and it smelled soooo good that I actually bought it -- fug bottle and all!

Someone bought that for me once as a gift and it smelled nice!! Is it the one where its a bust of her and the cap is a pink wig!?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1410040239|3746139 said:
I got Gaiac 10, Vanille 44, Jasmin 17, and Baie rose 26. I will be buying a few!!!

Ooh, please let us know your thoughts after you have worn them. I am very interested. Delicious! :appl:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1410056437|3746235 said:
msop04|1410044787|3746163 said:

Someone bought that for me once as a gift and it smelled nice!! Is it the one where its a bust of her and the cap is a pink wig!?

HA! Yes! That's the one! :bigsmile:

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
Just yesterday I was in Neiman Marcus (which is not a usual hangout for me but I decided to try some posh mascara as everything I've tried clumps) and I discovered Chantecaille perfumes. They are absolutely delicious. I liked them all, especially the Fragipane, and then I smelled the Tiare. It was amazing. Ridiculously expensive at $175 but I treated myself as it's been ages since I liked a perfume so much. I used to love Laura Ashley No. 1 but it's been out of production for years, and Chantecaille's Tiare smells just like it. I highly recommend it, and this range of perfumes.

I Googled and found that Tiare doesn't mean "Tiara", it's a kind of Tahitian gardenia.

http://www.chantecaille.com/tiare.html

JanesJewels

Shiny_Rock
I used to really, really love Samsara by Guerlain. I had the eau de parfum (as opposed to the weaker eau de toilette) and I found that it lasted at least 12 hours on me.

I still like it, but for some reason I don't wear it. I feel it's from a period of my life in the early Nineties. Silly, really. I should wear it again!

P.S. Does anyone remember the perfume oil Rose Musk by The Body Shop? Inexpensive but one of my favorite scents of all time. As it was an oil, it really lasted. I was about 18 when I used to wear it, many years ago. I loved it and am sad they discontinued it. They have brought back some of the oils but not Rose Musk. And it was the only oil that was bright red. Sex-ee!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love in White by Creed today, it's all my sinus infection can stand!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
missy|1410089277|3746366 said:
ckrickett|1410040239|3746139 said:

Ooh, please let us know your thoughts after you have worn them. I am very interested. Delicious! :appl:

I am really loving Rose Baie 26, and Jasmin 17. Gaiac and the Vanille 44 are amazing too. but I am finding myself sniffing my wrists constantly when I wear the rose!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is another Lust from Lush day! I love the spicy jasmine!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, I cannot believe we have a thread like this here! Yeepee! I should not be surprised though as diamonds and fragrance to me are both very important too, now more fun to read this thread. I really miss my basenotes times, I used to be on there nonstop, participating in the blind sniffs and so on, have so many nice memories, some nice friends and a huge collection to remind me of those times. Now we cannot send perfumes back and forth from/to the US and Europe. Today I am home so nothing but still stelling EL Sensuous Noir on me from yesterday. The weather is really cold and it has been raining for days here so out came my heavier stuff. Day before was Joy original perfume. Now this will be a thread to visit a lot.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
New sample fragrance. I got the Sample from Sephora and it's pretty wonderful. Soft, floral and just a tiny bit of musk.

Elizabeth and James - Nirvana White

Peony, Muguet, and a tiny hint of Musk.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
FOTD:Elie Saab EDP :dance:

I've finally given into my obession with perfume (as well as gemstones obviously!) and joined http://www.fragrantica.com/ So much detailed information! So much helpful advice! :read: I always loved perfume but never knew the specific notes which isn't terribly useful when searching for new ones...

So now I know I love the following notes in particular:
  • Tuberose, Rose, Orange Flower, Jasmine, Bergamont, Citrus, Musk & Oakmoss

I also stopped & smelt this one yesterday http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Keiko-Mecheri/Paradise-Lost-12214.html which honestly smells like what I imagine heaven to be BUT crazzzzzy expensive at $AU250+ so way out of my price range at the monent. ;( Also managed to snaffle a sample of this http://www.fragrantica.com/perfume/Guerlain/L-Heure-Bleue-208.html

I'm trying to build a broad "wardrobe" of fragrance at the moment, you know a little of everything? So far I have:
  • Oriental Chypre "Cantruri"
    Fruity Chypre "Mitsouko"
    Floral "Initimately Beckham" (Don't laugh - it's actually good!) & "Elie Saab EDP" & "Rose 4 Reines L`Occitane en Provence"
    Oriental Vanilla "Naya"
    Fruity Floral "Butterfly 1 Arabian Oud for women" (don't really wear this one - too sweet)

So I guess my next one I'm hunting for is a creamy floral nothing too sweet - any suggestions? :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am a real perfumista. Join basenotes, it was my obsession for a year or so and I never had so much fun. People are amazing there, the generosity, I received so many perfumes from other members, when we did swaps several people sent me like ten perfumes instead of one and rarities. I have never been so spoiled. I still have perfumes enough to last well a decade at least and this is after sharing with family and giving away many bottles. I have hundreds of samples left. Last time I told my mom I did not have enough fume and when she visited me she about died, she said that she cannot believe I have said this but hey after a year or so of not buying anything new I felt I was totally out of them.:)))

The very best thing they have on basenotes is their blind sniff games, do dare to try, I did it once and still am friends with the people that participated with me. They basically send you three samples and no one knows what they are and you all start opening them at the same time and you have to guess what they are, it really was tons of fun to do this. There are also packages that go around like chypres, Chanels, etc. categories and you get some thirty scents to try many of which are no longer in production.

Elie Saab is a fume I adore. Still have the original. Chanel exclusives are on my wish list but have 5 ml bottles or samples of most, amazing stuff, my latest must haves. And Chanel was one of the last to win me over, took a long time. My fave is Coromandel, do try it if you like different and incense is really something that makes fumes unique. Favorites? My absolutely fave of all times if Bal of Versailles by Jean Desprez in the vintage EDP version. I almost never wear it anymore as it is so sultry and the sexiest scent ever and I wore it when I met my ex fiancee. Fragrances are extremely emotional.

Some amazing stuff that are among my faves: Le Labo Iris 39 (creamy floral yeah animalic and dirtied too) to me the best iris and I am a huge fan, Rose 31 is cool too but a spiced one. Chanel No. 5 is one of the best also. The Chanel exclusives have many florals.

I can give you many tons of ideas but elaborate more on the creamy floral. Mine are usually not things you can buy at the store and most of mine are well sort of dirty, different, animalic, incensey, ambery, etc. I also love By Kilian but pricey, I own Back to Black (it is not a floral though) and some samples of their ouds and florals, they have beautiful florals as well.

What flowers do you like? I strongly dislike tuberose but love iris, carnation, neroli, muguet, rose. Annick Goutal has magnificent roses.

Do join Basenotes, fragrantica is fine for searching but if you want a great forum and advice you will get that at basenotes. Sorry I am sort of scattered minded tonight and since fragrance is something I explored very deeply it is hard for me to narrow down my suggestions without more specifics.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ah sorry and another place you definitely want to explore on the net is Now Smell This, they have great reviews and a cool team.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My sister did not care for the Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar and gave me a bottle. Both my DH and I wear it and like it. And I like it on him.

Newest acquisition, Tom Ford Café Rose. I don't get coffee, but get the patchouli and rose. So far no headache!

cheers--Sharon

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1419722408|3808446 said:
HI:

My sister did not care for the Jo Malone Sweet Lime and Cedar and gave me a bottle. Both my DH and I wear it and like it. And I like it on him.

Newest acquisition, Tom Ford Café Rose. I don't get coffee, but get the patchouli and rose. So far no headache!

cheers--Sharon

I have smelled that one (CAFE ROSE) before, and to was really lovely!
Also I am glad you resurrected this threAd, I have missed it

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
Today is a very warm scent
MAISON FRANCIS KURKDIJAN - OUD CASHMERE MOOD

I have been wearing a lot of his fragrances lately!

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gucci Envy Me

I like the refreshing scent and it seems to last long for an EDT.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1419731696|3808511 said:
canuk-gal|1419722408|3808446 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

I have smelled that one (CAFE ROSE) before, and to was really lovely!
Also I am glad you resurrected this threAd, I have missed it

:appl: :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ckrickett|1419731796|3808513 said:

Tell us what you love about it, Ckrickett?

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
thecat|1419732660|3808525 said:
Gucci Envy Me

Did you get this on your Christmas wish list?

cheers--Sharon

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I can't remember if I posted in this thread but my favorites:

Marc Jacobs, Daisy
Chanel, Chance
Ralph Lauren, Blue
Estee Lauder, Sensuous Nude
Juicy, Viva La Juicy
Donna Karen, Cashmere

I would really love to buy some more scents that smell like Chance and Daisy. Any suggestions? They're just so clean and refreshing smelling!

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Creed. Love In Black...

thecat

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1419735729|3808549 said:
thecat|1419732660|3808525 said:
Gucci Envy Me

Did you get this on your Christmas wish list?

cheers--Sharon

I was out of Envy Me and was on holiday (2 weeks ago) when I saw it in a shop. It's slightly more expensive than what I usually pay but since I wanted to have one of my favourite scents with me on vacation, I got it. And I used it exclusively for the rest of the trip :D

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lately I've been wearing Atelier Cologne's Santal Carmin and Hanae Mori's Butterfly - love the warmth of these. Also have been wearing a sample of Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt (from The Perfumed Court) which I do enjoy but I don't think enough to buy the full-size.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love his perfumes Ckrickett! What do you think of some of his other creations? Did you get the chance to sample Tihota?

canuk-gal said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Ooh that sounds delicious Sharon. I am going to have to sample it. Love the name. And yay to no headache! I also can get headaches depending on the perfumes. I find some just trigger them in me and I wonder what it is in the perfume that causes this reaction. I also find that if someone over applies that is sure to trigger a bad reaction.

marymm|1419771115|3808660 said:
Lately I've been wearing Atelier Cologne's Santal Carmin and Hanae Mori's Butterfly - love the warmth of these. Also have been wearing a sample of Jo Malone's Wood Sage & Sea Salt (from The Perfumed Court) which I do enjoy but I don't think enough to buy the full-size.

I used to wear Hanae Mori's Butterfly. Loved the vanilla though in later years it triggered a headache. Weird how our bodies reactions can change. My body has been rebelling against me for some time now unfortunately ;( ...glad you are enjoying these!

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
canuk-gal|1419732997|3808529 said:

Tell us what you love about it, Ckrickett?

cheers--Sharon

I like its warm woody scents with the tiniest touch of vanilla

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results