shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

empliau

Shiny_Rock
Also, does anyone else not care for Chanel perfumes? They seem such staples that I'm confused. I have sampled many of them and did get a bottle of Mademoiselle Coco. But as I've mentioned before, to me it just smells like the mall. It's okay but nothing special imo. I do not have a sophisticated nose so wondering if I'm missing something.

I never cared for No. 5 and thought I should like No. 22, since I like the notes, but it doesn't work for me. I adore vintage No. 19, not the new one. Luckily I met someone on a perfume board who has found me two bottles of vintage No. 19 parfum (in Japan - they have great vintage/junk stores with unopened scent), so I am stocked for life (I am old!)

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy. I snagged a new bottle of Zara Cherry Smoothie EDP on ebay, after not being able to find it anywhere (or at least not at a reasonable price). I'm on a cherry perfume kick.

I like the Kayali Lovefest Burning Cherry better today.

An update: I am not advanced enough in perfume knowledge to be a "perfume snob" and for ex. own and enjoy several different Avon perfumes along with the more costly ones. But this cheapie Zara Cherry Smoothie that I kept hearing about and chased after was, in my opinion, horrible. "Harsh," is the word I'd use to describe it. I decided to use it up as bathroom air freshener, then didn't even like it enough for that and evicted it.

Last edited:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

While I never wore Chanel #5 perfume, I ADORE The Body Lotion. Such a beautifully made product and light scent. Just enough.

cheers--Sharon

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Salvador Dali Le Roy Soleil.

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hermès Iris Ukiyoé, from a sample I've had for ages. Didn't like it years ago, when I first tried it; am finding it pleasant (in small dose) today.
Some fragrances need to be dabbed on.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This weekend I have no dogs (yay...lol) And I'm getting a chance to try out a few new fumes.

Yesterday my bottle of Kerosene Follow arrived. I've known about this house for a while, have tried a few here and there but never really looked at them seriously.

So I went back to my original sample which had Follow in it along with Black ropes (literally licorice, which I didn't like at all) Followed is like being inside an indie coffee house with a wood balcony, including the clove cigarettes. Its actually a very good perfume, certainly it transports you to a time and place!

I think I had already discussed Followed, which is still coffee, but more like a diner because you have all that maple syrup! (its even stronger)

My sample pack first impressions:

Unknown Pleasures - smoked lemon scones
Notes Earl Grey tea, lemon, bergamot, honey, tonka bean, caramel, vanilla, waffle cone

Pretty Machine - super dirty floral at first
Notes bergamot, lemon, lime, neroli, linden blossom, orange blossom, jasmine, rose, vetiver, musk

R'Oud Elements - Bonfire
Notes oud, cedar, sandalwood, vanilla, lavender, iris, orange bitters

All of these scents are really very strong, and they evolve, unlike scents you get at the mall these days. It makes them hard to try out in the same day.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wear Guerlain Shalimar Iris Milliseme.

I will NOT be buying a full bottle. If I were a collector, maybe. I did buy tonka because I'm a tonka head....love it. I love iris but sometimes guerlain dosen't do iris the way I want it done.

For those who may want to know, its a really fluffy iris/caramel sweet thing, may as well had been a shalimar initial flanker. I'm not entirely impressed with it.

Tobacco Honey on the other hand, I totally want, but will not get at current until a few bottles get used up.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Van Cleef Orchidee Vanille —it’s my everyday fragrance and I love it! I did order a sample of the Baccarat Rouge 540 since I’m so curious about it. I also really liked Narciso Rodriguez For Her when I sampled it at the store last weekend…

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Creed. Asian Green Tea. Awaiting the new Creed Aventis.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Byredo “Gypsy Water”

Also bought their hand soap in the “Suede” scent and I love it.

My 11 year old daughter is on a Sol de Janeiro #40 kick. Apparently that’s a big Gen Z/Gen Alpha thing now.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The scent I wore every day, Dame's "Mandarin, Neroli, and Cedar" is no longer available. I was really thrown by this and and wrote to Jeffrey Dame, as invited by him to do through his website. There is no hope of its being brought back.

I ordered a new orange scent, "Infusion de Mandarine" by Prada and started opening all the orange scents I had never opened. Jeffrey Dame promised to send me a sample of another cologne. I am sure I will never be able to find a scent that pleases me as much as the one I cannot replace. Luckily I had given my daughter a bottle. (She had wanted one.) She was willing to trade it for one of my other fragrances!

I knew I would have to visit this thread to report on my loss. Who else would understand that why I was suddenly trying on "Fleurs d'oranger" and other scents I hadn't worn in years?

Last edited:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jo Malone Wild Bluebell for me today. To me, it seems simple but pretty. I like it enough that I'm thinking about getting a large bottle when this little one is gone.
I have a little bottle of it. I am finally using the hand soap I bought that matches the small Red Roses cologne bottle I have, too. But my favorite Jo Malone scent is the discontinued (of course) White Lilac and Rhubarb.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Byredo “Gypsy Water”

Also bought their hand soap in the “Suede” scent and I love it.

My 11 year old daughter is on a Sol de Janeiro #40 kick. Apparently that’s a big Gen Z/Gen Alpha thing now.

Haha I love sol de Janeiro and I'm in my late 30s lol

elizat

Ideal_Rock
I got a bunch of discovery sets for my birthday from one brand.

Today is:

I actually really like it. It's salty, clean and a little tiny bit floral.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
I have a weird skin: most of the eau de perfume fade within an hour and/or change drastically - in a bad way - on me, so when I find a perfume that smells good and stays for hours, I tend to buy the same fragrance for years.
My sales assistant admitted that Joe Malone, Diptyque and Chanel are a waste of money on me...:lol:
My love is Rose Milano by Armani Privee, but it costs a little fortune (I use perfume everyday), so I opted for SI Intense by Armani (2021 edition, not the 2023 edition which I don't like).
Another perfume I like is Bamboo by Gucci.
I'm not pleased by the fact that both are going out of stock in my country ...

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been taking a perfume break. After the loss of last year my interest hasn't been very high, so I've more or less just been spraying here and there or not.

Today is Guerlain Mandarine Basalic

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been taking a perfume break. After the loss of last year my interest hasn't been very high, so I've more or less just been spraying here and there or not.

Today is Guerlain Mandarine Basalic

I’m sorry you’re down. I get it.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Mmmm...by Juliette Has A Gun. I only have a small travel size bottle but might get a bigger one, even though I think it is really too expensive for a perfume that seems kind of simple, like lipstick mixed with cake, and not very strong either. For some reason it makes me feel very happy though. :)

winetime12

Shiny_Rock
I keep seeing this thread and I don't have much contribution because I don't wear perfume often so I don't own many different ones. Once I find one I like, I stick with it. My body changes scents significantly, some scents get better and some worse. I wore Burberry Brit Sheer for about 10 years and last year I got Dior J'adore parfum d'eau for my wedding and that's now my current. It's light, floral and not too strong.... some say it doesn't have enough staying power but like it that way.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Versace Blonde. I love this sexy b*tch, I really do.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my husband.

Today I put on Jicky. He causally asked as I was putting it on, did I have to put perfume on today. I said, sure I'm a little down today (I have my days) and it cheers me up ...I should have known something was up because he never asks questions like this.

But I didn't give it much thought. Now, personally I had given up buying perfumes for a while and just wanted to use what I have because quite frankly I have plenty...lol.

Anyway around 10:30 this morning I hear the doorbell ring, (my office is right by the front door) but he literally RUNS to it and pushes me out of the way, which is so odd he never moves that fast. so he and the box went to the kitchen and he told he asked me "don't you have work to do?" :lol:

Wow, whatever, so I go back into my office. I knew something was up.

What was in the box was a bottle of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Bosca Vanilla forte. He's obviously been paying attention!

Quiet as kept, I wasn't the biggest fan of it at first but its a nice vanilla thats got some salt and woodiness to it. And Guerlain vanilla always smell fantastic.

He did it because he knows how hard its been and he wanted me to be happy. Awww... I guess he's a keeper...lol Jicky is way too hard to get off, so I'll wear this one tomorrow.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love my husband.

Today I put on Jicky. He causally asked as I was putting it on, did I have to put perfume on today. I said, sure I'm a little down today (I have my days) and it cheers me up ...I should have known something was up because he never asks questions like this.

But I didn't give it much thought. Now, personally I had given up buying perfumes for a while and just wanted to use what I have because quite frankly I have plenty...lol.

Anyway around 10:30 this morning I hear the doorbell ring, (my office is right by the front door) but he literally RUNS to it and pushes me out of the way, which is so odd he never moves that fast. so he and the box went to the kitchen and he told he asked me "don't you have work to do?" :lol:

Wow, whatever, so I go back into my office. I knew something was up.

What was in the box was a bottle of Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Bosca Vanilla forte. He's obviously been paying attention!

Quiet as kept, I wasn't the biggest fan of it at first but its a nice vanilla thats got some salt and woodiness to it. And Guerlain vanilla always smell fantastic.

He did it because he knows how hard its been and he wanted me to be happy. Awww... I guess he's a keeper...lol Jicky is way too hard to get off, so I'll wear this one tomorrow.

You make beautiful clothes and have a curated/enviable collection of scents. So you look and smell, great! And the considerate DH is both icing and cake. Thank you for sharing--this made my day.

empliau

Shiny_Rock
I'm wearing Carnal Flower today - not on purpose, but I wore it the other day, and I can still smell it on my sweater! LOL. CF is serious scent.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm wearing Carnal Flower today - not on purpose, but I wore it the other day, and I can still smell it on my sweater! LOL. CF is serious scent.

my absolute favorite. I was standing waiting to cross the street and a man next to me said you smell GREAT! This is the reaction CF gets. (I thanked him , then punched him):bigsmile:

empliau

Shiny_Rock
My husband's too! I've used various fragrances in our nearly forty years together, but Carnal Flower is the only one he notices. And he always notices it!

Of course I love it too, but I have many favorites: vintage Diorissimo, vintage Chanel No. 19, Vero Profumo Mito - he's blind to them. But CF he can smell, and loves. So I guess I'll always own a bottle.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My husband's too! I've used various fragrances in our nearly forty years together, but Carnal Flower is the only one he notices. And he always notices it!

Of course I love it too, but I have many favorites: vintage Diorissimo, vintage Chanel No. 19, Vero Profumo Mito - he's blind to them. But CF he can smell, and loves. So I guess I'll always own a bottle.

My bottle is empty, but have the CF hair mist. I really do have a difficult time coughing up those big bucks...even tho CF is the one fragrance that actually stays on me. So it really is worth it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results