shape
carat
color
clarity

Fragrance of the Day Thread

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Tom Ford Lost Cherry for me today. I like it, even though I do not like its name. :roll:

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tom Ford Lost Cherry for me today. I like it, even though I do not like its name. :roll:

have you tried the newer ones yet? Of the new ones, I like Cherry Smoke.Electric Cherry was OK.

But Imma say it; the prices at 50ml was straight crazy.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain Du 68 EDP version. I got a lead on a bottle of the cologne for under 150.00 Yeah I know but discontinued and I had to have it. Plus the prices for it on ebay are absolutely crazy at 500.00 (no way I'm paying that!)

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
have you tried the newer ones yet? Of the new ones, I like Cherry Smoke.Electric Cherry was OK.

Won't pay the prices.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Dame Perfumery Earth Mother.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

No, I haven't tried the newer Tom Ford cherry perfumes but definitely will if I get a chance. Agree the price is crazy. I got a 10ml bottle of Lost Cherry after trying a sample and I think that will be enough for me. Sometimes I like it but other times it reminds me of cherry flavored pipe tobacco, and not in an especially good way, either.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Kayali Lovefest Burning Cherry. I blind bought a travel size bottle. I Don't like it nearly as much as the Tom Ford Lost Cherry. I don't smell nearly as much cherry in the Kayali and the other notes aren't all that pleasing to me, whatever they are. But I'll try it a couple more times just to be sure.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy. I snagged a new bottle of Zara Cherry Smoothie EDP on ebay, after not being able to find it anywhere (or at least not at a reasonable price). I'm on a cherry perfume kick.

I like the Kayali Lovefest Burning Cherry better today.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Grossmith Shem-el-Nessim. I have been Guerlaingirl over 40 years (just old ones; Shalimar, Chamade, Nahema, Parure, L’heure Bleu, Apres L’Ondee...) After all years I have found something that rivals Guerlain. Grossmith shares same genre and does is very well. 713A6D6C-8513-4BEC-86C3-5BE6AAC19B3C.jpeg

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of Guerlain, I found some old and forgotten samples of spirituese double vanille. No telling how old these things are but definitely prepandemic. They smell absolutely amazing, definitely long lasting with a ton of depth (there are lots of complaints that the new stuff is not what it used to be!)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Speaking of Guerlain, I found some old and forgotten samples of spirituese double vanille. No telling how old these things are but definitely prepandemic. They smell absolutely amazing, definitely long lasting with a ton of depth (there are lots of complaints that the new stuff is not what it used to be!)

I tested some Matieres; SDV, Angelique Noire and Tonka Imperiale, all old batch and got deeply disappinted . I really expected much more. All was meh. Last year Shalimar Millesime Tonka surprised me positively. The best Shalimar flanker ever and the best of Guerlain since 1996.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tested some Matieres; SDV, Angelique Noire and Tonka Imperiale, all old batch and got deeply disappinted . I really expected much more. All was meh. Last year Shalimar Millesime Tonka surprised me positively. The best Shalimar flanker ever and the best of Guerlain since 1996.

More for me...lol

The art and material fragrances last forever on me and in general I tend to really like them to really love the majority of them.

I'm the one that really don't swoon over the older guerlains except Chamade Mahora.

I find them to be a fun house to explore.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I wear ultra vivid purple Guerlain Insolence EDP. I got my little paws on the parfum by accident...lol not here yet but should be end of the week!

Its chilly enough day to wear this monster, so its very enjoyable!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Alfred Sung Shi. Its one of the few aquatics I own (I've never been a fan of the genre) and I love that its so calming. Lasts forever on me and handles well in the heat/humidity that is South Florida.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing boring Prada Infusion d'Iris. I actually love this stuff. Its my favorite boring fragrance...lol

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today I'm wearing Guerlain L'Instant Iris Millesime. Yummy. Its an iris pastry. I lucked out getting this because its a limited edition that usually isn't cheap (Rarely seen for under 2 bills) I got it for way way less.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Burning my Nest Himalayan salt and rosewater candle. While I can't smell nice (nothing lasts on me)--my house can.

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m wearing Vacation by…Vacation. This company has the cutest retro marketing based on 70s-80s advertising. They have candles called Pool Boy, Hotel Lobby, and Tennis Balls. It’s all very silly and lighthearted and I love the actual Vacation fragrance. The descriptions and fragrance notes are hilarious.

I think I mentioned this one several pages back. Oh well, it’s worth mentioning again. I’ve given their candles as hostess gifts and am already on a second one for myself.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Burning my Nest Himalayan salt and rosewater candle. While I can't smell nice (nothing lasts on me)--my house can.

cheers--Sharon

Dunk your brassiere in perfume. Or your undies, whichever you’re feeling.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've been so disappointed with Gardenia fragrances. Too sweet, or just a top note that dies in a couple hours. Does anyone have a recommendation?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium

clarity1264

Rough_Rock
My personal favorite fragrances are spice bomb, ysl, or Versace. I’m currently wearing/ using Versace Dylan blue and it smells amazing

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today is Guerlains Aqua Allegoria Mandarine Basilic Harvest

Whoa. :shock::kiss2:

M

maru8888777

I've been so disappointed with Gardenia fragrances. Too sweet, or just a top note that dies in a couple hours. Does anyone have a recommendation?
Have you tried "Un Gardenia La Nuit"? I think it's discontinued but they do have expensive candle versions...

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
I think I’m heaven. Last week arrived the bottle, Guerlain Guet Apens, I have dreamt of over year. This begins with juicy peaches, but soon others come to play so harmoniously, that I got my eyes tears. This is so beautiful and soft, slightly sweet goddess❤️heavenly!

Attachments

• 9C806108-DF4B-44F3-9A2D-F4C0FF7462CC.jpeg
    9C806108-DF4B-44F3-9A2D-F4C0FF7462CC.jpeg
    219.9 KB · Views: 151
  • C00D70AC-7C85-4622-83B3-2CE98DD28C87.jpeg
    C00D70AC-7C85-4622-83B3-2CE98DD28C87.jpeg
    108.6 KB · Views: 151

autumngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Clinique Happy is my fragrance and has been for years, I won't spend a fortune on perfumes.
I like the citrusy light smell and it works wonderfully for me.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Jo Malone Wild Bluebell for me today. To me, it seems simple but pretty. I like it enough that I'm thinking about getting a large bottle when this little one is gone.

Also ordered a large bottle (3.4 oz) of Lancome Poeme because I heard it was being discontinued. It was a bit hard to find. But further searching seems that it may not have been discontinued after all. Anyone know?

I remember Poeme as flowery lusciousness but also heavy. Must remember not to overdo.

Its main fragrance is "yellow flowers." Now I'm wondering how that differs from "white flowers," which are one of my favorite ingredients. Yellow is heavier, I guess? (I don't know the correct terms for perfume discussion).

Last edited:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Also, does anyone else not care for Chanel perfumes? They seem such staples that I'm confused. I have sampled many of them and did get a bottle of Mademoiselle Coco. But as I've mentioned before, to me it just smells like the mall. It's okay but nothing special imo. I do not have a sophisticated nose so wondering if I'm missing something.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results