shape
carat
color
clarity

For those who have had children..........

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I was in OBS GYN and saw two girls like that the DAY after they gave birth. But I saw them before birth too, and they were very, very thin. They had not gained the required amount of weight for the pregnency. I believe one of them had gained 15 pounds and she weighed 98-100 before pregenency. The baby weighed 6.8 maybe 7 pounds. I think the rest was placenta. She didn''t even look pregnent. She just looked like she stuffed a pillow under her shirt.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Not that I look ANYTHING like Nicole, but I was wearing my normal jeans the day I got my staples removed. I gained 21 pounds during my pregnancy, and lost 20 before I left the hospital. I would have worn my jeans home, but the staples were sore.

And, I agree, she''s so lanky and thin to begin with, it probably helped a lot!

miraclesrule

Ideal_Rock
She''s a superstar!! There are a lot of explanations as to why she is that small though. Some women, especially someone like Nicole Kidman who wants to continue to look perfect in the public eye, make it a point to gain only the amount required to deliver a healthy baby and work hard to get back to their normal size. The younger you are, the easier it is. I am more surprised that she has done it at her age!!

On the other hand, two girls in my office just had kids and one week later, you would have never known it. Well wait, come to think of it, so did my other friend. Hey, there are lots of them. My 42-year old friend was out at the yacht club with her hubby who was Commordore at two weeks post delivery and everyone was talking about her, because she didn''t look like she just gave birth. I was there to help her with the baby and her toddler son. Some people are genetically pre-disposed and some work super hard at it. Although some of my friends are the opposite and have never lost their baby weight.

With me, you couldn''t tell I had just had a baby either. But *I* could tell. I was thinking, "What is this blob of skin that used to be my flat belly? But I was back to pre-baby weight within 2-3 months. I was jogging at week three.....very, very....s.l.o.w.l.y. Come to think of it, we only got 6 weeks of disability benefits back then. I was back at work after 6 weeks.
23.gif

But then I quit after a week. I wanted to be with my baby.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Wow, she looks amazing! I read that she did a full spin class the day BEFORE she gave birth, so it''s not surprising she bounced right back.

blondebunny

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 8:35:01 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Plus, I read she went to Starbucks. Hello? Calorie overload maybe?

Perhaps she wakes up in the early morning and does cardio all day long, goes out for 30 minutes and makes an appearance for paps to take photos of her non-existent post baby bump, stops in the Starbucks to show the world that she''s Superwoman, and then home again for cardio all evening into the night. lol Who knows.....

HAHAHHAHAHAH you are tooo funnny!! I find we are alike more and more we post! hahah :)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister is tall and thin like Nicole and basically looked like that 2 weeks after she gave birth. Nicole actually had her baby in Nashville and went to the same OB as a friend of mine. My friend and her hubby were at their dr. for and ultrasound and the fire alarm went off. They were exited and right in from of them were Nicole and Keith. My friend said she was simply stunning and looked like royalty but was very nice. I don't think she gained a lot during her pregnancy. my tall, skinny sister only gained 30 lbs, had an 8 lb baby and was back to her 121 lb pre-preggo weight within a few weeks.

ETA: I think Nicole's "girls" look like those of a nursing mom
41.gif

hairgirl95

Shiny_Rock
Ditto mrssalvo---the "twins" are definitely post-partum!! They are the only indicator to me that she was ever preggo! I do not have children yet, but trust me, I have seen my sister after 2 kids. Theres no way I will look like Nicole. I better just prepare for the muffin top now.

t-gal--I am still crying over the hanging on like a monkey comment. I am in TEARS from laughing! You are such a riot!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate all of you lucky mamas where the weight just flew off. *pout* So jealous! I agree she is nursing for sure.

HeadOverHeels4James

Shiny_Rock
I read in a magazine one time that A LOT of Hollywood moms get a c-section/tummy tuck all-in -one. It''s very dangerous, but I guess to those in the public eye they feel like they have to be perfect even if it puts them at risk to die.
38.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s possible if you''re tall & you breastfeed (makes tummy & uterus shrink faster). I''m 5''9", and I didn''t start showing at all until I was 5 months in, and at 9 months pregnant I looked like most women at 6 or 7 months. Taller women, if you have a long torso, have more room for the baby, so it won''t protrude or stretch the belly skin as much. Also, she looked like she didn''t overgain, so so can lost A LOT right after having the baby. I gained 35 pounds with my pregnancy, but I was already down 20 pounds within 14 days after giving birth, so I think it just has to do with height, genetics, and if you don''t gain too much and stay in shape during the pregnancy.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hmmm, I don''t know about that at all. I have three children, and I certainly did not look like that afterwards. My youngest is 4 years old, and I STILL do not look like that!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
It is possible..

I am rather petite and when I was preggers, everyone said they couldn''t tell I was preggers from the back. All the weight I gained was pretty much on my tummy and were all water and baby weight. I didn''t gain too much on my arms and legs. So two weeks after I had my c section, i pretty much lost all the water weight and with breastfeeding, the uterus shrunk even faster and I looked pretty much back to my old self. There was still a little excess on the tummy which took a little longer to go away but in the mean time, can be concealed with certain outfits I wore (and i believe had i worn spanx, it would probably conceal it all). I must say it took longer to get rid of the tummy excess with the second child (I am still trying).

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/22/2008 10:33:16 PM
Author: blondebunny

Date: 7/22/2008 8:35:01 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
Plus, I read she went to Starbucks. Hello? Calorie overload maybe?

Perhaps she wakes up in the early morning and does cardio all day long, goes out for 30 minutes and makes an appearance for paps to take photos of her non-existent post baby bump, stops in the Starbucks to show the world that she''s Superwoman, and then home again for cardio all evening into the night. lol Who knows.....

HAHAHHAHAHAH you are tooo funnny!! I find we are alike more and more we post! hahah :)
hehe
27.gif
Thanks! And ditto to that one!!

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
It can happen.....I''m 3 weeks postpartum and look pretty much the same as I did before I was preggo. I have lots of stretch marks and my tummy isn''t as tight/flat as it once was but in clothing you''d never know (please don''t hate me!).

I should add that I am a petite gal (5''0") and only gained about 30-35lbs while preggo and lost 20lbs within one week of delivering. The baby was 6lbs, 7oz when he was born.

That said - I will NEVER fit into any of my pre-preggo pants again because my hips are sooo much wider than they were before. I don''t mind and my hubby likes my new curves
41.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
wow.. impressive! Good for her..... I guess
11.gif
Seriously, I think it''s a lot genetics, and a lot how fit you are going into pregnancy. My body is happier putting on weight than not, so I have to work really hard to keep it off. And THAT seriously worries me about having a baby at some point because I know my body will be more than happy to pack on the poundage. plus I am so petite I feel like I have no where to put said baby... haha, we''ll see...

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to say, wow how incredible! My stomach doesn''t look like that and I''ve never had kids and I seriously do abs every day.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
I still see a tiny pooch there. Not much, but not as flat as she was before.

It''s certainly possible. I had a coworker who was a size 2 that only looked about 6 months when she delivered at 9 months (No C-section either). She was completely back to normal within the first 10 days.

On the other hand I was 5''4", size 2, 107lbs. pre-baby with a C-section (10lb. boy) and my tummy NEVER looked the same ever again inspite of hundreds of situps. I was wearing maternity clothes at 4 months. Sigh.

purrfectpear

Ideal_Rock
Remember Florence Henderson from the Brady Bunch? She''s had FOUR kids

florence-henderson-014.jpg

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/23/2008 6:50:38 PM
Author: purrfectpear
Remember Florence Henderson from the Brady Bunch? She''s had FOUR kids
Yes, but was that post-partum perm?

I keeed, I keeed. Love me some Flo.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
And just so you all know, I''ve always looked about 2-3 months preggo due to a fibroid. I am all belly now, at almost 8 months. I assume I will deflate like a tire and will have to roll up my tummy fat like a jelly roll into my industrial-strength Spanx once I deliver.

And with my karma, I''ll get that post-partum perm head, too. Next thing you know, Wesson Oil will come knocking at my door with an endorsement deal (I totally just dated myself, btw.)

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
It''s got a lot to do with how much weight you gain during pregnancy. I wasn''t specifically underweight, but I went home from hospital with baby number two dressed in my skinny jeans

(although there was a flabby hangy bit out front)...like a pouch...didn''t look like Nicole though...
29.gif

I can see how a tall skinny girl could bounce back like that...
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results