shape
carat
color
clarity

For the long term members, tell the newbies why you are still here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the variety of topics covered.

After being here for so many years the only thing is I''ve seen many topics brought up over and over. Does that mean I''ve been here too long or does is it good that newbies have an opportunity to contribute to those topics? Guess it''s the latter.

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been on for about a year and half, and the amount of time I''ve spent on here, just wow!
3.gif
I stay because I love this community. There are some amazing ladies and gentlemen here, some of whom have become good friends, and I love that I get to learn about something new almost every time I read a thread. Plus, PS has given me a fun (albeit expensive) hobby - gemstones!
2.gif
PS was also responsible for my Bengal kittens - would never have known about them if not for PS. PS also helped me with my DSLR purchase. It''s just a great resource and awesome community and I love being here.

Ok will stop being sappy now.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only been here a year but I lurked for about 4 or 5 months before that. It''s the only forum I''m part of and I have no plans to leave. PS is amazingly educational, people put such time and effort into helping others out. Our members are generally intelligent, funny, kind. Also, people are honest in a way that most real life friends and family can''t be. There''s nothing getting in the way of giving good, solid advice on something. It''s like clearly seeing the wood from the trees. And there is always someone who has gone through a similar situation.

I''m also glued to pictures of sparklies.

Sizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I pretty much stay for the sparklie ****! I love the photos of new bling. When I came here I never dreamed I''d have the ring I have now or the projects in the works that I do.

Bia

Ideal_Rock
My PS friends...

and the information of course.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I came to ps pretty much for the research, but I love the encouragement we are able to receive and give. There is not to much opportunity to do that in real life. Most
of us wouldn''t offer encouragement to a person we don''t know, but here you can. It widens your base of friends and I truly care about the people here.
Kenny has given me many opportunities to laugh-and that is always a blessing! There are very many wise and wonderful people on pricescope and I love reading
their opinions and perspective.

The people and the bling.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stay because of the people and the sparklies! I''ve made some great friends here. I can always find a topic that interests me and it just pain old feels like home.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
I''ve stayed because I''ve never found anyplace else where there is such a consistent level of intelligent and thoughtful participation.

I like that there are many strong gals (and a few guys too) who aren''t afraid to speak their mind; spirited discussions are where most of the learning and mutual respect seem to come from. I''ve made more great friends on this site than I can count, and many have become close real-life friends, too.

Smores84

Shiny_Rock
This place is oddly addicting... I lurked daily for a good 4 years before I finally registered. I check PS more often than I check my email, is that weird?

I think the community, almost family, atmosphere is what keeps people here. Oh, and the bling too.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I stay because
1. I love diamonds and jewelry, and what better place to go for that?
2. I enjoy the conversations and various points of view on topics from around the world.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2010 10:53:38 AM
Author: TravelingGal
I stay because nearly everyone here can spell.

Lol!!
3.gif
your funnie!
28.gif

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ll be here four years this year and I stay as I love the sense of community here. It''s the only forum that I belong to and I really enjoy seeing everyone plan their weddings, have children etc. Also looking at the gorgeous jewellery is another reason I stay.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I haven''t been here TOO long (3 years, I think) but long enough I''d say to know the ins and outs of how PS works. This is the only forum I regularly participate in. I love that I can jump from topic to topic and not get bored. I like the "randomness" of some threads, too. I''ve taken short breaks from posting when life got too busy but I''ve always come back for the commraderie (sp?). I''ve met many people from PS, and it''s fun to get to know others off-line. As others have said, people here are genuine, thoughtful, and helpful with their thoughts, advice, etc.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been here for a good little bit. I stay because I find the forum enjoyable for the most part, and I''ve connected well with several people here. I like the wide array of topics, and the fact that most of the members are mature, intelligent, and jovial.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I find the conversation varied and often worthy of a head shake. Can''t find that everywhere!

And oh the jewels!

cheers--Sharon

icekid

Ideal_Rock
5+ years...
6.gif

I keep coming back because:

I love pretty sparklies
30.gif

we grow together, through LIW, weddings, and babies
And of course, most importantly, the people here are fabulous, bright, funny, and honest.

perry

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is the one forum that I drift back to after a while. Why, because of the intelligent people who are willing to discuss most anything and almost always be civil about it. It''s also a place where I have internet friends (and I''ve even met a few).

For general support in my life. This place has been a godsend. For the newbies (and even some who are not so new). I used to be a GIW (Gentleman In Waiting) and was welcomed on the LIW forum and list. It did not work out and I withdrew from the list - but the support was needed.

I have met some great jewelers, and seen amazing stones The 1/2 day spent going through the gem vaults of Palagems is still a vivid memory - and next time I go back.... who wants to come with me... have $$$$ or $$$$$ or more(no diamonds, no emeralds - but all the other colored gemstones you could dream of - and a lot more).

We have discussed some very interesting issues - and I have learned a lot.

The support I got when I started caring for my parents (I run the parents fund - and am involved in their long term care) was also needed. I got them moved last march and they are doing better in their new place - and the pressures on me have reduced.

Finally, I like helping people. This is one of the few forums that I feel that I''m allowed to do that.

Have a great day,

Perry

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
I love the different personalities, the wealth of information available on so many topics, and of course, the bling!!
9.gif

grapegravity

Shiny_Rock
I stay for the sparkly, bling ****!
9.gif

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
because i have this little obsession with jewelry,gems and watches....but i can stop any time i want...really i can....i just dont want to
9.gif

charbie

Ideal_Rock
i keep coming back since everytime i post, i get another number on my "total posts." i''m a competive person, so seeing that # go up gets me pumped.

ok, so i haven''t been here long at all, but i thought that was a funny contribution. if i had been a member here for a whole lot longer and you all knew my humor...you''d get it.
19.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:29:02 AM
Author: charbie
i keep coming back since everytime i post, i get another number on my ''total posts.'' i''m a competive person, so seeing that # go up gets me pumped.

ok, so i haven''t been here long at all, but i thought that was a funny contribution. if i had been a member here for a whole lot longer and you all knew my humor...you''d get it.
19.gif
Hey Charbie

I so get your humor!!! Here''s to getting to see lots more of it!!! LOL!!!
35.gif
36.gif

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I've got a reason for each day of the week!

1) When I was in 3rd grade, our teacher assigned us to write a story using all of our spelling words. I loved that assignments. In Rocky Talky, I get to re-do that any day...being given constraints to optimize on, based on carat weight, color, clarity, and/or cost. I kinda think it's why many people in the jewelery business do what they do...are drawn to it...because they, too, like to optimize choices for their customers. Am I wrong?

2) I don't know that everybody likes it, but I do use Pricescope as a place to write what I think. I hope that, at least sometimes, for some folks, this is a win-win.

3) There are some really very sharp guys and gals who participate on this board. It's a pleasure to learn how they think about things.

4) The mixing of professional with amateurs is very special here, notably in Rocky Talky.

5) The sense of community here is tangible. I had the pleasure to do a physical meet up a number of years ago. That's a bit harder to do for me now...and frankly...coming on to Pricescope continues to be a time sucker for me...in both a bad and good way. I've shared my ambivalence about this before, I find my productivity at work, and at home challenged because of this board. But...before amplifying this "time-sucker" aspect...which it is hard to forget...I want to go back to the original point of this #5...the people here are special, and I enjoy being a part of this community, as much as I am, and can.

6) Yesterday I found this website (I had to link to something!?), and I share it with you. Yes, I come back to Pricescope, in part, because it is like crack.

7) Pricescope is the place to beat. For entertainment, a challenging environment, one where one's interest can be perked, one might like to find something better. That is the challenge for me. But...this place is one I return to.

Lisa, thank you for this thread. It's always good to reflect on why one continues to do what they do...

With warm regards,

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pricescope has always been a welcome light hearted break in my otherwise serious day, and I love diamonds. Diamonds are just about my favorite thing on the planet.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For me, it''s all about the diamonds. Hardly anyone I know in real life understands my obsession, but PS''ers do. It has been a treat to see the progress of Octavia.

charbie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 12:44:41 AM
Author: Kaleigh

Date: 1/5/2010 12:29:02 AM
Author: charbie
i keep coming back since everytime i post, i get another number on my ''total posts.'' i''m a competive person, so seeing that # go up gets me pumped.

19.gif
Hey Charbie

I so get your humor!!! Here''s to getting to see lots more of it!!! LOL!!!
35.gif
36.gif
hahahaha! here''s to #801!

(and thanks!)

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/3/2010 11:39:11 PM
Author: kenny
To be with others who share a love of diamonds.
This sums it up nicely
2.gif

I really like diamonds, and the people here are top notch!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
It is the place where all people are very compassionate and always willing to help. I come and go , but I stay.It''s a great place to catch up on all the news and people here present all the latest news accurately.
It''s a great little place.You can just visit or you can stay.
Even when I m too busy to post or to reply, this place is still a great place to come and read , share and post some help from time to time.
Happy 2010 to everyone.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/5/2010 11:21:39 PM
Author: scarleta
It is the place where all people are very compassionate and always willing to help. I come and go , but I stay.It''s a great place to catch up on all the news and people here present all the latest news accurately.
It''s a great little place.You can just visit or you can stay.
Even when I m too busy to post or to reply, this place is still a great place to come and read , share and post some help from time to time.
Happy 2010 to everyone.
Hey Scarleta!!!
35.gif

I have missed you. You are always such a thoughtful poster. Hoping all is well with you!!! Happy New Year Friend!!!
35.gif

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
"I have missed you. You are always such a thoughtful poster. Hoping all is well with you!!! Happy New Year Friend!!!"

Thanks Lisa:
you are " much better poster" than me and that is a fact.
I m well my friend, just like I said busy as everyone else these days, but never too busy to stop by here even briefly from time to time
Thank you Lisa and all the best to you too.
S

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results