shape
carat
color
clarity

For the long term members, tell the newbies why you are still here.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not why you joined, as in another thread. But more like what made you stay and keep posting, etc....

And newbies a big welcome. Hoping to see more of you posting. It's been great knowing so many new people over the past year.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stayed because I got a verbal smackdown from AlJ. It made me realize that PS is full of very intelligent, quick-thinking, like-minded people, and that really interested me, and it made PS seem like a worthwhile place to be. There are plenty of other diamond-related forums but they are nothing like what we have here on PS as far as community, imo.

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been a member of PS for a couple of years...so while it''s not as long as some other members have been around, it''s a decent amount of time to stay with a forum community...

My reason for staying is simple...I enjoy PS. I like the people, the conversation. If you ever find yourself in need, its always a good sounding board ... but if for nothing else, it''s an amazing tool to educate yourself with.

So to new members...take advantage of this wonderful place...come and join us, enjoy our little community here in this big, wide world of the internet. Welcome.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stay because I like the smart, funny people who post here and all the interesting topics they post about. Plus looking at gorgeous diamonds never gets old!

ETA I just realized that New Year's Day was my 3 year anniversary of posting on PS! Time does fly!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 11:00:07 PM
Author: thing2of2
I stay because I like the smart, funny people who post here and all the interesting topics they post about. Plus looking at gorgeous diamonds never gets old!

ETA I just realized that New Year''s Day was my 3 year anniversary of posting on PS! Time does fly!
Thing2 of 2,. Congrats on three years. I always enjoy your posts, you are one wise woman!!
35.gif

This place stimulates my mind, I can discuss so many topics at once. Love that and have learned a great deal since I joined,. Of course about diamonds, but my PS education goes far beyond that.... I feel I have grown on PS. Hard to explain, but yeah.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
kewl people, kewl stuff to learn and pass on, like helping people.
Picking on DF :}

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I stick around because of the wonderful people, beautiful pictures, helpful information and a supportive community.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I take occassional breaks but I do comeback, again and again for the company. I love ''meeting'' the newer members and catching up with older ones. You go through milestones together and watch and support each other, and even if you haven''t met in person, you have in many ways that matter. The members on here are my friends, and I care abou them, and need to check in to see what is going on with everyone. Plus the bling doesn''t hurt.
31.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To be with others who share a love of diamonds.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Addiction/Habit. Picking on DF. Gabbing with my homies. Watching as people I''ve "known" for a couple of years pass through milestone after milestone. Colored Stones. For help, still. To look at pretty pictures. Entertainment. Watching Deco and TGal smackdowns.

I''m sure there is more...I''ve spent more hours reading and commenting during school hours than paying attention in class.
3.gif

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stay because I discovered that I enjoy reading the variety of ideas everyone has in response to questions big and small.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I''ve only been here for a couple of years, but I genuinely love the people here. Honest, helpful, sweet, intelligent, witty, caring. I couldn''t find a better group of people if I tried.

I also find the members of this community to be very relateable. It''s not that this is a group of diamond-crazed women sitting at home counting their husbands'' money. It''s a group of very intelligent, independent men and women who are genuinely interested in educating themselves so that they can get the most for their money. Those that stuck around apply the same interest in education and analysis to other areas of life, whether it be weddings, having children or buying a handbag. I value it very much and have learned SO MUCH from this site outside of diamonds.

I''ve also had the great fortune of meeting several PSers in real life who I consider very good friends and I am forever grateful.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 11:06:56 PM
Author: Kaleigh
Date: 1/3/2010 11:00:07 PM

Author: thing2of2

ETA I just realized that New Year''s Day was my 3 year anniversary of posting on PS! Time does fly!
Thing2 of 2,. Congrats on three years. I always enjoy your posts, you are one wise woman!!
35.gif

This place stimulates my mind, I can discuss so many topics at once. Love that and have learned a great deal since I joined,. Of course about diamonds, but my PS education goes far beyond that.... I feel I have grown on PS. Hard to explain, but yeah.

Aw, thanks Kaleigh-I always find myself nodding along to your posts! And ditto on growing on PS-I''ve learned a lot in my time here, and not just about diamonds!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I''m here because I like smart people who educate themselves about major decisions. As a rule, PSers are funny, sweet, caring people who like to know what they''re dealing with before spending money they''ve worked hard for. There is a real sense of community here, but people aren''t afraid to speak their minds out of fear of rocking the boat. We''re opinionated people (which is something I adore), but we''re not closed-minded about it.

And the best part is, you guys are friends I can take with me to any city or country I live in. That''s a huge plus for me!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
PS is the only forum I have ever really been a part of. I stay because of the people. Simple as that. I have made so many friends who make me laugh, cry with me, support me through rough times, and teach me how to be a caring, more thoughtful, better person. I believe without a doubt I have made strong connections that without PS would have NEVER been made. I am so grateful everyday to have such a wonderful place to come. This is my therapy. Also it is awesome I can ask a question about anything and within hours, sometimes minutes have the answers I need. That's pretty cool! I certainly don't plan on leaving anytime soon. And I agree, the bling is pretty amazing to drool over too.
2.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I have been here about 2 yrs now
6.gif
and while I joined for to find diamond info and started on the LIW boards but even after we found the ring, I stayed for the people and the community :). I love watching my cohort (my gen of LIW) getting married and seeing their pics and for a wedding dress shopping buddy you can''t beat a PS''er :) (honey22 you rock). I love chatting to all the sweet people here I count amoung my friends - this community is supportive and caring and there is no other ones like it on the web, so for those reasons and others I stay around :) and to look at all the new bling of course
36.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
cuz there are bunch of crazy ladies here.
37.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are some really wonderful personalities here that I miss when I go away... they bring me back :)

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just really enjoy reading and posting here, it''s my relaxation time, as well as being informative and entertaining. I ADORE jewellery, but that aside I love watching life journies unfold and told with pictures and posts from the many long term members, from posting about engagement rings, to being married, to having a baby and buying one''s first home.

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
I am not a "newbie"...joined in 1995, but post infrequently. I stay for the great jewelry info, the great parenting advice, and keeping up with members I have never met in real life, but feel like I "know":)

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
I came here for the jewelry info, stayed for the people and advice. I think it was TGal who said this is like her watercooler since she works from home, and I feel the same now that I stay at home and don''t have that interaction at work. I love that you can go into different places and discuss world events in one area, the latest reality show in another, and everything parenthood in yet another....and I always enjoy seeing all the gorgeous jewelry!

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I mainly hangout in coloured stone. There are always new stones, new looks, new projects. I always have a few projects of my own going. Reading the comments, seeing the photos and the completed projects have developed my eye for coloured stones and my knowledge.

Unlike other forums I frequent, this one is focused on the consumer - squeeling is not only allowed it is downright a part of the forum (some other forum seem so blase). The people are great, supportive and helpful.

I find I am spending more time in Hangout as I get to know the people here. If I can ever figure out a good way to keep up with threads I posted in, I may even become more active!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kaleigh asked, "why you are still here"

Date:
1/3/2010 10:44:01 PM
Author:Kaleigh

Not why you joined, as in another thread. But more like what made you stay and keep posting, etc....

I am here because I like being part of a pleasant community, one that suits my needs. An on-line community is readily accessible at all times of the day and night. A community that is centered around diamonds and jewelry is centered around a topic in which I have an interest. The tone of the discussion is generally kept at a civil, respectful, and fairly intelligent level by the administration of the group. (It was first by Leonid and Irina and it is now by Andrey and Ali.) There are very intelligent people who belong to this community, and very good hearted and kind ones, as well. It is possible to discuss many different topics (as was mentioned above) on this website. I can discuss Ugg boots; 24K gold bangles; my late Labrador Retriever, Biscuit; marriage to someone of another nationality; and many other subjects. I also used to make liberal use of the Around The World to discuss politics while that was still the forum policy.

Pricescope has become a part of my everyday life. I do not follow the lives of members as much as some people do. I have little contact with people off-line. I can honestly say that there is no one posting on Pricescope to whom I do not have warm feelings, however. I mean, I don't know everyone...but there is no one to whom I feel any animosity. If you are here, you are part of my family. (And I won't send you off to the "search" function if you ask a question! I like to do research for others myself.)

AGBF
34.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just noticed that it was 5 years ago as of yesterday that I joined...eek, where has the time gone! I stayed b/c of the relationships I've made here. I don't have time to post nearly as much as I used to but I do try to check in every day and see what's going on and see if there is still a place where I can be helpful!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
I think I''ve been part of this forum for five years (it may be 6). I stay because some of the members are like old friends. They''ve been through everything with me. Life has been so crazy hectic in the past 6 months that I feel like I am completely behind on all of the milestones, but nothing makes me happier then reading about a new house, a new job, or a new UPGRADE! I suppose it''s knowing that I can always come back here and feel like there is a familiar face.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/3/2010 11:17:55 PM
Author: marcyc
I stick around because of the wonderful people, beautiful pictures, helpful information and a supportive community.
ditto.

People are wonderful here on PS and I feel lucky to have met some of the wonderful PS'ers in real life!!!
face23.gif
One sweet PS drove me around town one morning so I could see the sights; everyone has been so kind!

Happy 3 year Anniversary THING,
36.gif
you and I joined a few months apart.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I enjoy so much here on PS, the posts, the people, the education.
It has broadened my horizons, caused me to investigate new things,
I''ve laughed, been saddened and enlightened.
And the posters here are all a great bunch, thanks everyone!!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
I stay because nearly everyone here can spell.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
because it''s a great place to bounce off random questions/thoughts among a diverse group of (mostly) ladies who are 1) generally not catty and 2) intelligent (not easy to find on other websites oriented around weddings/babies/engagements,etc).

I had no idea I''d stick around here that long!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
like others have mentioned, you may take a break from PS but it's easy to return. mostly because so many long-term members do stay. even when i broke from PS for a year+ due to life being beyond busy...i still would lurk and read when i'd see my fave posters names pop up.

so for me...i stick around because of members who have become friends in real life thanks to earlier days on PS, and to get an update on stages of life of so many members i remember helping shop for e-rings way back when.

also there really isn't another place i know of that has this kind of community built around varied types of knowledge, i can read and write about diamonds, pregnancy, cupcakes, workouts, handbags, and washers in a span of 45 minutes.

plus i love all the crazy, varying personalities forced to co-exist under one virtual roof, it's like the ultimate portable reality show!
5.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results