shape
carat
color
clarity

?? for spess owners

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
outside, in the shade

ps pictures 021.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 022.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 023.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 024.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 025.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
sunlight

ps pictures 027.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 028.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 029.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 030.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 031.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock

ps pictures 032.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
obligatory flower shot...

ps pictures 026.jpg

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun...in my white gold spider LOGR...

ps pictures.jpg

fierypyropixy

Brilliant_Rock
From looking at these pics, I think my choice would be the white gold. Initially I thought yellow or rose, but then they sort of absorb the stone instead of flattering it, while the white gold really makes it pop.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looking through these various pics, the stone seemed to pop the most against white metals. Perhaps I''m just biased . . .

Mochi, that''s a stunning spessartite, btw. Where did you find that lovely?

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Mochi, I''m so jealous. It looks wonderful! In the photo at least, the gem looks beautiful in that white gold setting.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
With the new pictures, definitely high karat yellow gold to bring out the orange. The rose did nothing for the spessartite and the white made it look muddy in the previous pictures. While it looks nice the LOGR, the spessartite showed the yellow component strongly.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
I vote yellow gold. I think it complements the color of the spess best. Rose gold is by far my least favorite. It does nothing for the stone. White gold does not seem to bring its color out.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the spess was placed next to diamond shanks and thus the color of the gold was not readily viewed in several of the pictures.

i''m still with the 18k yellow gold.

mz

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2009 11:53:40 AM
Author: Cind11
I vote yellow gold. I think it complements the color of the spess best. Rose gold is by far my least favorite. It does nothing for the stone. White gold does not seem to bring its color out.
I agree, and although rose gold might work if it were pink enough, the LOGR rose gold is too coppery, and does absolutely nothing for this stone.

Thanks for the additional pictures Mochi. They really do help.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
While the white shows some contrast, I agree with Chrono that it looks muddy. The high karat gold brings out the brightest colors. For my spess, if I put it in a ring, the basket and prongs will be 22k and the rest will be non-rhodium plated white gold. Depending on the setting, I may also copy mz''s approach of putting a mirrored 18k wg bridge under the spess (mz''s ring pictured below) which enhances its color and dispersion.

mz_spess_bridge.jpg

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I would say high carat yellow, maybe 22K. I think the rich orangy yellow of gold in its natural state would look divine with the rich orange of the garnet.

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I think YG will suit your lovely spess mochi
2.gif

It''ll look lively, more orangy & fiery IMO.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for yellow gold. Beautful spess, mochi!
36.gif
And, great pictures as usual.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I have to say WG along with LTP...I''m not really a pro, but I think the white gold gave it more of a pop, where as the yellow gold was a subtle complement. I don''t think you can really go ''wrong'' with either.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 8/3/2009 12:15:17 PM
Author: tsavvy
While the white shows some contrast, I agree with Chrono that it looks muddy. The high karat gold brings out the brightest colors. For my spess, if I put it in a ring, the basket and prongs will be 22k and the rest will be non-rhodium plated white gold. Depending on the setting, I may also copy mz''s approach of putting a mirrored 18k wg bridge under the spess (mz''s ring pictured below) which enhances its color and dispersion.
Wow! I had never seen a profile of MZ''s fab spess and it is amazing. I love the hammered gold and open sides, but I don''t think I could handle such a tall ring. But I shall practice
2.gif

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
tsavvy, 22k gold is toooooo soft for prongs. not sure re the basket. 18k gold for prongs would work, though.

eta: the camera lied.....the 18k bridge beneath the stone is 18k YELLOW polished gold. white gold would be an interesting idea for a very modern touch.

wish the stone looked better in that picture......! the stone does not have those brown overtones. however, i was pleased that the picture did show the design.

mz

ps Lady, the ring doesn't look high when on my finger.....but i'm aware that it is higher than most and so i am more careful! of course, the sheer weight of it helps with the care factor also. practice, my dear, practice and go for it!

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
Count me in as another yellow gold vote.

Beautiful stone, btw. I love the cut.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results