shape
carat
color
clarity

First "Ring/Diamond" Trip Together This Week!!!

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
alma123|1359172418|3363895 said:
madelise|1358108000|3354726 said:
Have lots of fun, Maple! Remember, cut is king and stick with GIA and AGS graded stones only. Take lots of notes and pictures so you can refer to them again.

I did a quick looksiepoo on JA, for ~10K diamonds that are ideal cut in J/K range, eye clean SI's, and they're about 1.5-ish cts. However, JA has a knife edge 6 prong that looks very similar to the T&Co one for $850, +$100 to set over 1.5cts. http://www.jamesallen.com/engagemen...olitaire-engagement-ring-handmade-17192w.html

Wow reading this post I thought this was a dead ringer for well... ME!

My bf just bought a 1.7 ct K VS2 from JA and setting + wedding band was just under 10K! And the link you have is exactly what I bought... in platinum!

I also looked at the Vatche U113 but it was $2000 vs $1200 from JA in platinum. I guess I'm just not as picky as the others here in PS. I also just wanted to buy the diamond + settings from JA to make it a quick and painless process. I love BGD's settings too, I suspect they are probably better than JA's (or maybe JA just has bad pictures--- none of his ring pictures look appealing to me, there's just something lifeless and robotic about them).

Alma do you have pictures? I'd love to see the setting and your ring! I love the look of the vatche but I'm kind of in the same boat... the setting seems kind of pricey and I really want the biggest diamond size possible... so I don't really want his funds to go toward the purchase an expensive setting. :0(

alma123

Rough_Rock
maple2012|1359221671|3364111 said:
Alma do you have pictures? I'd love to see the setting and your ring! I love the look of the vatche but I'm kind of in the same boat... the setting seems kind of pricey and I really want the biggest diamond size possible... so I don't really want his funds to go toward the purchase an expensive setting. :0(

My bf just wired JA the balance on Friday, and it will take 10 days for them to make the rings. That means I will receive it in approx. 2 weeks, and I'd be glad to share pictures when I have the rings in my hands.

Also saw this and thought it would be perfect for you! It's 1.72 ct I SI2 that appears very eye-clean with an HCA of 1.1! With the PS discount it's comes out to $11,250 -- which is perfect for your budget!

http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/loose-diamonds/Round-cut/1.72-carat-I-color-SI2-clarity-Excellent-cut-sku-165533

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
alma123|1359256505|3364555 said:

My bf just wired JA the balance on Friday, and it will take 10 days for them to make the rings. That means I will receive it in approx. 2 weeks, and I'd be glad to share pictures when I have the rings in my hands.

Also saw this and thought it would be perfect for you! It's 1.72 ct I SI2 that appears very eye-clean with an HCA of 1.1! With the PS discount it's comes out to $11,250 -- which is perfect for your budget!

http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/loose-diamonds/Round-cut/1.72-carat-I-color-SI2-clarity-Excellent-cut-sku-165533

I cannot wait to see pictures!!! Is he planning to propose as soon as he has the ring or later? Will he let you see it before he proposes? You must be so excited!!!! I dont know how you're going to do it waiting for 10 full days. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Unfortunately my SO will not have all of the funds until sometime in March... so we won't start narrowing down diamonds until then. :(

alma123

Rough_Rock
maple2012|1359263506|3364641 said:
I cannot wait to see pictures!!! Is he planning to propose as soon as he has the ring or later? Will he let you see it before he proposes? You must be so excited!!!! I dont know how you're going to do it waiting for 10 full days. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Unfortunately my SO will not have all of the funds until sometime in March... so we won't start narrowing down diamonds until then. :(

March isn't so far away! It will be here sooner than you think :)

I think my BF will propose when the package comes... and I'm getting pretty excited!

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
alma123|1359256505|3364555 said:

WOW!! Ten days?! I would be on pins and needles waiting!! You lucky girl! :appl: :appl: :appl: Please put up pictures when that beauty arrives!

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Ooo, how exciting alma123!

maple2012, March will be here before you know it.. its already almost February! Insane!

alma123

Rough_Rock
Hey girls! As promised, here are the pictures.

My diamond info:

Measurements: 7.61 - 7.64 x 4.76 mm
Carat Weight: 1.70 carat
Color Grade: K
Clarity Grade: VS2
Cut Grade: Excellent
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 56%
Crown Angle: 35.0°
Crown Height: 15.5%
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43.0%
Star Length: 50%
Lower Half: 80%
Girdle: Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted (4.0%)
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None

Link to the rings:
http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/engagement-rings/solitaire/platinum-six-prong-knife-edged-solitaire-engagement-ring-handmade-item-2426
http://www.jamesallen.com/#!/wedding-rings/ladies-anniversary-bands/-platinum--0.50ctw-share-prong-diamond-anniversary-ring-item-2167

I bought this setting but had it custom to 3 pointers (0.03 carats) instead of 5 pointers so ctw is 0.25. My ring size is 3.

_3567.jpg

_3568.jpg

_3569.jpg

_3570.jpg

alma123

Rough_Rock
It's been here for 2 days and I didn't even check the mail! The ring and band do not sit flush but it's not too bad, you can judge for yourself. Sorry for the bad lighting. My house is so dark... The profile of this ring is actually pretty low hence not flushing.

_3571.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
alma123|1360200615|3374053 said:
It's been here for 2 days and I didn't even check the mail! The ring and band do not sit flush but it's not too bad, you can judge for yourself. Sorry for the bad lighting. My house is so dark... The profile of this ring is actually pretty low hence not flushing.

mmmmm mm!!! Looks *perfect* on your hand!!!! When do you think he will ask?

alma123

Rough_Rock
pandabee|1360202253|3374076 said:

Hehe, depends if I'm keeping this or not. This is exactly what I ordered and what I expected, but now it seems a bit commonplace. I was thinking going bigger, getting a more vintage-y setting, and going rose-gold. But I haven't a clue, really. All I know is he should prolly propose with the ring I'm going to keep.

Or perhaps I should keep this and exit the diamond world which has been my obsession for almost the last 2 months or so...

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
alma123|1360202761|3374079 said:
pandabee|1360202253|3374076 said:

Hehe, depends if I'm keeping this or not. This is exactly what I ordered and what I expected, but now it seems a bit commonplace. I was thinking going bigger, getting a more vintage-y setting, and going rose-gold. But I haven't a clue, really. All I know is he should prolly propose with the ring I'm going to keep.

Or perhaps I should keep this and exit the diamond world which has been my obsession for almost the last 2 months or so...

Oh Alma it's perfect!!! You will need to start your own thread to show your beauty off! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so jelous of your finger size right now... that stone looks huge on your hand! Ahh... what I would give to have your finger size!!! :D

What I love about solitaires is the idea of dressing it up with other bands. Have you thought about that, to make it more unique? For example, I've already decided I'm getting a tiffany pink diamond band (or blue saphire if it's a boy) to stack when SO and I have our first child. Also, if I don't get the tiffany half eternity band... I've been eyeing a few vintage wedding bands at singlestone (french cut diamond style).

Rose gold does sound beautiful though, and so do vintage settings. Are you really not that happy with your current ring? Well I think it's beautiful, regardless :appl:

I feel you on wanting something a bit unique and different though. At some point, I'll probably get myself a OEC in a rose or yellow gold and vintage setting (aka Mara's style with her latest OEC) to wear as a right hand right... for the engagement ring I am going to keep it classic so I don't find myself complaining 20 years later like the time I thought it would be neat to puff up my hair bangs with hairspray until they were about 6 inches from my forehead.... and it's all captured on school photos. Or that one time when I decided it would be cool to wear different color lip liner than lipstick... now a vintage ering is NOT really on the same lines of these horrid examples I've listed... but you get the point. :mrgreen:

Now onto my confession... I found myself starring at a 2 carat yellow pear halo on the diamondsbylauren website and left the page open for SO to find on the laptop. OMG. What is wrong with us! It's this diamond facination/obsession I tell you... maybe I should disappear from PS too? Haha.

luckyerialc

Rough_Rock
WOWZA!! That is a beauty!! Look at that finger coverage - what I would give to have those size fingers!! ;-) ;-) Congratulations on that exceptionally beautiful ring - I also LOVE the band with it!

alma123

Rough_Rock
maple2012|1360215217|3374205 said:
Oh Alma it's perfect!!! You will need to start your own thread to show your beauty off! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: I am so jelous of your finger size right now... that stone looks huge on your hand! Ahh... what I would give to have your finger size!!! :D

What I love about solitaires is the idea of dressing it up with other bands. Have you thought about that, to make it more unique? For example, I've already decided I'm getting a tiffany pink diamond band (or blue saphire if it's a boy) to stack when SO and I have our first child. Also, if I don't get the tiffany half eternity band... I've been eyeing a few vintage wedding bands at singlestone (french cut diamond style).

Rose gold does sound beautiful though, and so do vintage settings. Are you really not that happy with your current ring? Well I think it's beautiful, regardless :appl:

I feel you on wanting something a bit unique and different though. At some point, I'll probably get myself a OEC in a rose or yellow gold and vintage setting (aka Mara's style with her latest OEC) to wear as a right hand right... for the engagement ring I am going to keep it classic so I don't find myself complaining 20 years later like the time I thought it would be neat to puff up my hair bangs with hairspray until they were about 6 inches from my forehead.... and it's all captured on school photos. Or that one time when I decided it would be cool to wear different color lip liner than lipstick... now a vintage ering is NOT really on the same lines of these horrid examples I've listed... but you get the point. :mrgreen:

Now onto my confession... I found myself starring at a 2 carat yellow pear halo on the diamondsbylauren website and left the page open for SO to find on the laptop. OMG. What is wrong with us! It's this diamond facination/obsession I tell you... maybe I should disappear from PS too? Haha.

Haha you're hilarious! Love your idea of stacking rings. I do like my setting, but I've also fallen in love with some others that I saw after I ordered my rings.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-my-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/its-here-its-here-my-2-30-ct-omb-antique-cushion-upgrade.158760/[/URL]
[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-2-82-warm-oec-in-rose-gold-8-prong-setting.173701/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-2-82-warm-oec-in-rose-gold-8-prong-setting.173701/[/URL]

Also, a girl from my office just got engaged with a solitaire. I imagine her wedding band will also be a diamond band *sigh* I was uncomfortable going with anything other than white but now I'm more open to the idea, not completely 100% sold but I do love those rings above.

A 2 carat yellow diamond sounds divine! I wish I could afford more than 1 diamond... but they are just so expensive. I was also looking at OECs, I love their facets but I have no idea how to judge cut unless someone picks it out for me.

alma123

Rough_Rock
luckyerialc|1360259383|3374496 said:
WOWZA!! That is a beauty!! Look at that finger coverage - what I would give to have those size fingers!! ;-) ;-) Congratulations on that exceptionally beautiful ring - I also LOVE the band with it!

Thank you!!! I'm a size 3 on the left ring finger but I think I'm like size 4 or 5 on my right hand. Somehow I have a huge freaky knuckle on that hand so I'm lucky it worked out.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results