shape
carat
color
clarity

First pregnant signs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I just commented that I use a certain birth control and it has worked like a charm for ten years, but something new is happening and I wonder if maybe that .01 chance happened.

I have been gaining weight much more easily than normal, I am having trouble with my rings fitting properly(too tight) and my breasts are very sore and a little larger.

Since I do not get a period I have no idea when I could have got pregnant. I really hope that I am not because I really don''t want kids and if I am pregnant it is very scary because since DH is on chemo therapy they told us to NOT get pregnant because it will cause severe birth defects.

I have an appt on Thursday actually to get my shot and I am going to ask for a pregnancy test. Does it sound like I am or am I just pudging up because of the holiday food? Do breasts get sore from getting bigger just from gaining weight?

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I would go get an at home pregnancy test to do before the doctor visit.

Since it is winter, I would find it odd that your fingers and chest are swelling.

Do you feel "bigger" in general? Like your torso has expanded and not just regular weight gain?

ETA: If you are pregnant and don't want children, then it is best to find out how far along you are as soon as possible. Especially since you never have a period and since have no idea how long ago it could have happened.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I had a co-worker get pregnant on that same BC method, so it is possible. I''d also suggest buying a home pregnancy test, it won''t hurt to try that first. The symptoms you have could be something else as well, but pregnancy is probably the first thing you need to rule out.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
I agree w/ meresal, get a HPT. All of those things could be preg symptoms, but also could be nothing. Pregnancy symptoms have a way of blending with normal "time of the month" symptoms. On the flip side, some people have zero symptoms and end up pregnant. So only a test or your period is the real answer, everything else is just speculation.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
The shot can have side effects like weight gain for many people. And sometimes your body can get side effects after using a medicine for years. So that is a possibility too.

But yes to be safe get a HPT. If they really are pregnancy symptoms you''d certainly get a positive on a test at this point.

DivaDiamond007

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with others; you should get a hpt and take it. When I got preggo with my son my first symptoms were similar to how I felt before starting my period - bloating, sore (*)(*), headache, crampy.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I feel so silly asking the same questions as a teenager would. I really do not want to get the HPT because I have an appt on Thursday and so I will know for sure then, but if I get one now and it is positive I will go crazy waiting for the doc appt. Aren''t those things expensive too?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
They range in price from $5 for 1 basic test to $20+ for 2-4 digital tests. You can also get one at the dollar store for...$1

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Radiant- IMO, it is better to know and be level headed before you talk with your doctor.

If you wait until you see her, she will more than likely tell you to think about it for a few days, and then come back. This way, if you are positive, then you have already had a few days to let it sink in, and will be level headed when talking to her.

I do know what you mean though. When I found out, it was all that I thought about until I could get in to see the doctor. Also though, if you wait to find out at the doctor appt and it is positive, she will still more than likely make you come back for an ultrasound at another time to see how far along you are, so if you know ahead of time, you can call and have that scheduled as well... and avoid the second trip.

As far as the price, I think my DH paid about $20 for 3 of the digital EPT. You can pick up a box at Walgreen's or CVS... or whatever local drug store you have.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i''d rather know now than wait til thurs..!! it would drive me crazy waiting. also i don''t know if they tell you RIGHT then? when i gave blood they let me know a day or so later that it was positive (which i already knew thanks to HPT). the HPT''s are amazingly accurate and i took two. i think it was $19 for 2.

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 1:51:59 PM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
They range in price from $5 for 1 basic test to $20+ for 2-4 digital tests. You can also get one at the dollar store for...$1

The $1 ones work just fine, too. I''d rather know for sure, and have the appointment be a means of decision-making, than have to wait for their blood test to confirm it.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Alright then, I guess I will pick one up on the way home. I wish that I could do it right now, but I do not want to find out I am pregnant (if thats the case) in the bathroom at work.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:20:13 PM
Author: radiantquest
Alright then, I guess I will pick one up on the way home. I wish that I could do it right now, but I do not want to find out I am pregnant (if thats the case) in the bathroom at work.
Just an FWIW, you''re suppose to take the test in the morning (or at least that was how it was when I last used one about 9 years ago - the tests are probably better now???). . .but if you get a box w/two tests, you still can try one at night and see what it says. . .

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 1:04:48 PM
Author: meresal
Personally, I would go get an at home pregnancy test to do before the doctor visit.

Since it is winter, I would find it odd that your fingers and chest are swelling.

Do you feel ''bigger'' in general? Like your torso has expanded and not just regular weight gain?

ETA: If you are pregnant and don''t want children, then it is best to find out how far along you are as soon as possible. Especially since you never have a period and since have no idea how long ago it could have happened.
Also, yes, is it your torso or all over? When I was preg, the only place that I gained was my waist and that was after a few months - basically I looked thick-waisted.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:29:00 PM
Author: MC

Just an FWIW, you''re suppose to take the test in the morning (or at least that was how it was when I last used one about 9 years ago - the tests are probably better now???). . .but if you get a box w/two tests, you still can try one at night and see what it says. . .
lol, I did 2 of mine at about 1 AM after being out, and then one the next morning. We didn''t check my box for instructions about time of day, but all 3 of them were accurate, as in they all said pregnant.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
The testing in the morning thing is due to most people''s urine being more concentrated in the morning from holding it and not drinking overnight. The hormone levels will be higher in morning pee.

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
Sorry you''re going through this, it sounds like it is a difficult situation for you.

My first signs were bloating, sore (*)(*)s and insatiable appetite. Also, I must have been pregnant for about 2 weeks when the smell of nail polish made me sick. The signs vary hugely from person to person though, so I would agree with everyone who said to do a test. Here''s hoping you get the result you want to see.

Jen

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
My first signs were extra greasy hair and more tired. In the 3rd week I started having pains on the sides of my breasts and my upper back hurt. I did not take the tests in the morning but I did not pee or drink for 2 hours before. I got a faint positive hpt between 3 and 3.5 weeks. I did not gain any weight until my 2nd trimester but did have some serious bloat.

tlh

Ideal_Rock
My friend gets the shot, when she is in need of a new one, she gets really bad PMS, bloating tenderness -- etc. Perhaps your hormones are just off... and you are also going through PMS? since you mentioned you getting the shot Thursday?

I''d definately pick up a HPT, tinkle on it when I get home, and if negative, tinkle on it again in the morning w/ my first and most concentrated urine.

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
I second the general sentiment, which is to get a HPT and find out before the Dr.''s office.

Whatever you decide to do though, let us know what happens. We will be here to help you through any outcome
4.gif

jas

Brilliant_Rock
I broke out something fierce and also had sore b00bs. I took a HPT about 2 days after my missed period in the middle of the day. Accurate.

I wish you all the best with this. You must have so much on your mind now!

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
I am so scared. That is probably why I have not taken the test yet. DENIAL. I mean if I am I wouldn''t be able to keep it with the awful things in hubbys sperm. It makes me so sad just thinking about it. Of course, I did not want kids, but now that it may be that a little babe part me and part him is in there and I may have to *gasp* you know what makes me cry.

I am not against a woman having her choice, but when it comes to me...I always thought....Oh, I don''t know. It all seems very different now.

RQ- STOP IT. You are spiraling out of control. Get a test and think about it then.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
My first pregancy signs were always feeling bloated and sore breasts. Also very tired. And my last child was concieved while I was on the pill. My doctor told me the "oops" rate is more like 2 or 3% than 1% and I never missed any.

I would get a pregnancy test ASAP because the earlier you find out, the more options you will have.

I''m sorry that you are going through this.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 6:57:51 PM
I am so scared. That is probably why I have not taken the test yet. DENIAL. I mean if I am I wouldn''t be able to keep it with the awful things in hubbys sperm. It makes me so sad just thinking about it. Of course, I did not want kids, but now that it may be that a little babe part me and part him is in there and I may have to *gasp* you know what makes me cry.

I am not against a woman having her choice, but when it comes to me...I always thought....Oh, I don''t know. It all seems very different now.

RQ- STOP IT. You are spiraling out of control. Get a test and think about it then.
Hugs and hang on, woman. Fear is a tough opponent...and knowledge is a mighty weapon. Before worrying about what MIGHT be, find out what is. My .02. I wish I could private message you, but please know you are in my thoughts.

I hope this isn''t too personal a question, but have you told your husband?

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:29:00 PM
Author: MC

i had heard that too, but both of my hpts didn''t mention the need to have morning pee.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree take a test b/c you very well might not be pregnant. Then all of this stress and worry is for nothing. Like I said before do NOT need to use morning pee. It just needs to be concentrated (no drinking/peeing for 2 hours or so). Get a few different brands if it will help ease your mind and pee in a plastic cup so you can retest until your heart is content. If you really never want to have children maybe you and your husband should discuss more permanent BC methods. Either way good luck. My fingers are crossed for you.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
RQ- Everything will be ok. You haven't even taken the test yet. If it comes back positive though, you all will make the decision that is best for you and your husband.

What you are going thru now, is what I was referring to, when I mentioned why I thought you should take it before going to the doctor. You want to have most, if not all, of the "What if's" out of your system.

I swore I didn't want kids for years, and then DH and I got pregnant, and it just makes you say, "Well, what now...". I'm not saying you will want kids, I'm just saying it causes you to think things you never thought you would. Like you said in your post.

Just take the test, and find out the result, and then you can go from there. Everything will be ok though. It's not the end of the world, I promise.

radiantquest

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 7:08:16 PM
Author: jas

Hugs and hang on, woman. Fear is a tough opponent...and knowledge is a mighty weapon. Before worrying about what MIGHT be, find out what is. My .02. I wish I could private message you, but please know you are in my thoughts.

Yes, I told him. I asked what his position is on it. He said that he does not have a position until the doctor gives it to him. He isn''t nearly as stressed about it as I am. He called me and told me that I better hit up my baby-daddy for some child support. Before you freak out, he is just joking. His way of dealing with things. I think that he only freaks out as much as I show. If he knew I felt the way that I did he would probably be a little more worried, but he has enough to deal with and I will tell him what the test says and he can think about it then.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 2:44:30 PM
Author: tlh
My friend gets the shot, when she is in need of a new one, she gets really bad PMS, bloating tenderness -- etc. Perhaps your hormones are just off... and you are also going through PMS? since you mentioned you getting the shot Thursday?

I''d definately pick up a HPT, tinkle on it when I get home, and if negative, tinkle on it again in the morning w/ my first and most concentrated urine.
Yeah my roommate used to go through this too.

{HUGS} RQ

Sha

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/28/2009 7:35:09 PM

Date: 12/28/2009 7:08:16 PM
Author: jas

Yes, I told him. I asked what his position is on it. He said that he does not have a position until the doctor gives it to him. He isn''t nearly as stressed about it as I am. He called me and told me that I better hit up my baby-daddy for some child support. Before you freak out, he is just joking. His way of dealing with things. I think that he only freaks out as much as I show. If he knew I felt the way that I did he would probably be a little more worried, but he has enough to deal with and I will tell him what the test says and he can think about it then.
I know it''s hard not to worry, but I think your thoughts may be getting ahead of you. Better to take the test instead of worrying or getting worked up unnecessarily.

My first sign of pregnancy was slight dizziness - nothing else. My breasts didn''t get sore until about 8 weeks - same thing with the bloating.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results