shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally tested positive for Covid

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
I say finally because I work in Healthcare and have to stand close enough to patients to touch them for 15-20 minutes at a time. I typically see 12-20 patients a day, and work in a building with 50 other people, so it was just a matter of time. I thought I would document my experience for anyone interested, especially when the media only talks about the horror stories. It's easy to forget the mass, mass majority will have an experience more like mine.

Thursday late afternoon I started with a mild cough. I did have a small amount out phlegm. Dr. Google says Covid is a dry unproductive cough, so I think it's just the regular funk. That night I was freezing cold and had hubby put 2 more blankets on my side of the bed. I slept 10 hours that night.

Friday I felt a bit better and had good energy. Cough continues but is completely dry. Sneezing throughout the day.

Saturday I had some nausea and vomiting in the middle of the night, but once I was sick it was completely gone. I wasn't sure if it was just the BBQ we had for dinner. But hubby and DS were completely fine, and typically I'm the last one to have stomach issues in my house. Sunday just mild cold symptoms.

Today is day 4. Honestly I have wondered if it is actually true the 1st few days because it seemed to be a pretty mild cold. I cough when I take a deep breath, but no fever. Runny nose that comes and goes. Intermittent sharp right ear pain, which is a symptom I haven't heard before. Still sneezing. This morning I realized I can not smell my coffee (expresso strength) so I went and got my Burberry perfume that one spritz lasts all day. Nope. Can not smell it at all. This is the weirdest part of this experience. When you know you should be able to but can't smell is truly bizarre.

I will continue to update this thread. Feel free to ask any questions and send me prayers, good vibes, etc., although I am doing fine and feeling blessed. Thanks!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you bucketloads of healing vibes and hugs. Wishing you a speedy and full recovery @Mrs_Strizzle ❤️
And thank you for all do in helping others!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Question- did you receive any of the Covid vaccines?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope it continues to stay mild and swift recovery wishes.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get well soon!

DK :))

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Question- did you receive any of the Covid vaccines?

I did not. When it was offered to me I asked if I could give my doses to my 91 year old grandma. The answer was no, and honestly I was so emotional about it. If the reasoning was there's not enough vaccines, then I would rather someone who has more fragile health than I to have my dose. (Since then Grandma has had it with only mild symptoms like mine too. She recovered completely several weeks ago.)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hoping you are over it in no time @Mrs_Strizzle . Thank you for keeping us posted. Be well (soon)!

LorettaB

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope you are better very soon. I work in education and feel like sooner or later, it'll happen to me. I just do my best, like most of us, to be as safe as possible. My son, daughter-in-law and grandson caught it shortly after the first of the year and my DIL had a more severe case. She told me the body aches were unreal. They are on the road to recovery and back to normal things again; they tell me getting over the fatigue was the hardest part for them. Of course, my grandson had the very mildest case, a slight cough with sneezing. Please keep us posted and take care of yourself!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did not. When it was offered to me I asked if I could give my doses to my 91 year old grandma. The answer was no, and honestly I was so emotional about it. If the reasoning was there's not enough vaccines, then I would rather someone who has more fragile health than I to have my dose. (Since then Grandma has had it with only mild symptoms like mine too. She recovered completely several weeks ago.)

Thank G_d grandma is ok now
I wish she could have had your vacine too

May you continue to get bettee also

Interesting about the ear pain
2 years ago me and him had a horrible lingering virus that was just miserable for both of us and lasted weeks
it was the worst ear ache ive ever had

lala646

Brilliant_Rock
I hope you recover easily and quickly @Mrs_Strizzle. My Covid infection passed easily. My husband, my sister, and her husband all had much harder times with it, though thankfully none needed medical intervention. I know you already know this, but liquids and rest are the best medicine!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you recover quickly with minimum discomfort.
Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us!

The news broadcasts that the vast majority get through it without the worst effects.
That's why so I'm surprised I am this uplifted by your thread, but I am.
We just read so much about the other side of this coin, the depressing news, that it feels powerfully reassuring to hear even just one person's direct personal experience about the other side.

You health care workers are heroes!!! :love:
Thank you !

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healthy thoughts your way, thank you for sharing your experience.

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for sharing! Get better soon!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Does the loss of smell and taste persist, or are you getting it back gradually?

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oy. Hope you feel better soon and that your smell comes back! I’m also a clinician and was also assuming I’d get it eventually since I have similar patient workflow. But made it until vaccination. Who knows though, I may yet catch a variant down the road at the rate things are going in the US.

Also if I could have split my vaccine and given dose 2 to someone else, I would have as well since I have some higher risk friends I’d happily confer some protection to. Sadly not in my powers. Hopefully everyone will have access by spring/summer. I hope I hope.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
especially when the media only talks about the horror stories. It's easy to forget the mass, mass majority will have an experience more like mine.

The media been telling the world that Covid is a death sentence for the majority of people who contracted the virus which I knew is a bunch of bull. Mrs. Strizzle hope you have a speedy recovery.

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Wishing you a speedy recovery recovery, @Mrs_Strizzle! And sending you healing dust through the universe❤️

Mrs_Strizzle

Brilliant_Rock
Does the loss of smell and taste persist, or are you getting it back gradually?

Best wishes for speedy recovery.

My 18 year old daughter had it in October and lost her taste and smell for several weeks. Others I know it wasn't that long. I'm hoping it will be short for me as I am a foodie. Our circle of friends include owning a restaurant, having a heritage pork farm, and Chefs so we are quite spoiled with really great food.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Mrs_Strizzle I hope you recover quickly and with little affect. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. You and the entire medical community are truly the heroes to millions. God bless you and keep you and your entire family.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no! Hope this passes quickly and continues to be easy to deal with.
I work in the schools so I assume someday I’ll get mine too. Thank you for sharing your experience and also for your bravery on the front lines.
Be well! ❤️

CoffeeAndDiamonds

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Get well soon!!!

I've been surprised how many people I know ended up testing positive for covid, when they thought they just had a cold.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
take care of yourself, I hope you feel better soon and thanks for sharing your experience

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Healing hugs to you. Here's hoping you recover super quickly & another huge thank you for sharing your experience.

The doom & death we are constantly exposed to is heartbreaking, so it's good to see the other side of the illness, the milder side that 80% of patients suffer.

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing your experience, Mrs. Strizzle. I'm so glad your case is mild. And thank you for your courageous work as a healthcare worker!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results