clarity

Finally some pictures of my bling!

stci

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful collection! Wow!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for sharing all of your diamonds - you do have quite a beautiful collection! I can relate on so many levels. . . my husband bought my first diamond from a jeweler (this was an upscale jeweler with china, crystal, silver - the whole ball of wax!) who poured .75 stones out of a velvet bag and told him to pick one of those for the same price as the .50 he went in to buy. I too wore this stone for ten years before I realized that it was a bit yellow and that was the beginning of my upgrade saga. . .

My husband built a huge extra garage on our property as he restores old cars as a hobby. . . it is affectionately dubbed 'The Taj Garage' because of it's size and height! His having that hobby has worked well with my diamond hobby - one for you and one for me - ha!

And oh yes, the true jewels of our lives are the ones you mentioned last. I'm not totally there with the grandchild although I am going to be a grandmother on or about the 4th of July! We are so excited!! :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1326760649|3104663 said:
Thanks for sharing all of your diamonds - you do have quite a beautiful collection! I can relate on so many levels. . . my husband bought my first diamond from a jeweler (this was an upscale jeweler with china, crystal, silver - the whole ball of wax!) who poured .75 stones out of a velvet bag and told him to pick one of those for the same price as the .50 he went in to buy. I too wore this stone for ten years before I realized that it was a bit yellow and that was the beginning of my upgrade saga. . .

My husband built a huge extra garage on our property as he restores old cars as a hobby. . . it is affectionately dubbed 'The Taj Garage' because of it's size and height! His having that hobby has worked well with my diamond hobby - one for you and one for me - ha!

And oh yes, the true jewels of our lives are the ones you mentioned last. I'm not totally there with the grandchild although I am going to be a grandmother on or about the 4th of July! We are so excited!! :appl:

Oh, my goodness! We've got to go back to our chat thread! I don't want to take over this thread!

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1326760771|3104667 said:
MissGotRocks|1326760649|3104663 said:

Oh, my goodness! We've got to go back to our chat thread! I don't want to take over this thread!

CONGRATULATIONS! Being a grandmother is an amazing, awe-inspiring experience. You will LOVE it. :D

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
Thanks, stci! :wavey: I didn't see your post earlier!

I am hoping to add some more pictures with my better camera when I can find it. We are in the throes of a MAJOR house renovation, and I cannot find ANYTHING anywhere! :(

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found a 4 ct. stone set in a Tiffany repro (but not the Vatche) and thought you might like to see it. I do like the Vatche setting better, but it can give you an idea of what it might look like!

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-received-my-4-carat-whiteflash-ring-great-experience.15348/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/just-received-my-4-carat-whiteflash-ring-great-experience.15348/[/URL]

(page 2 has some hand pics with a shared prong eternity ring, too!)

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
DS,

Thank you for posting that link. There was a good shot showing the height of the stone from the side view . I would assume a large stone will sit much higher off the shank than a small stone. I do know that I do not want it to look short and squatty.

And I wish I felt comfortable shipping the stone back to Yekutiel and just getting him to set it and be done with it, but I really do want to take a trip to NYC soon for some shopping and a "try on" spree at some of the jewelers there. No one here has pre-set stones the size of mine to try on, but at some of the big name stores I should be able to try on bling to my hearts delight! :naughty: :naughty: We bought our train tickets months ago, but have not been able to use them yet. I cannot seem to pull myself away from my crazy business long enough to get away for a few days: I am utterly swamped. :(sad

In today's world this is such a bad problem to have. :sun: I know how fortunate and how blessed I am. :D

SweetAsscher

Shiny_Rock
Owies Nana|1326686558|3103945 said:
Thank you, SparklyOEC, DS and canuk gal!!!!! :D

Here are my Memoire w/three stone AND an art deco baguette and round set in platinum that I found it at a local estate sale. I can't remember the carat weight of the baguettes and rounds, but the color is F and clarity of all stones is VS.

I love the look of the art deco band with the three stone ring! :halo:
Ahhh! I looove that baguette band!!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your collection is gorgeous! I love all of them!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, it is indeed a blessing to have a business that is doing well in this economy, that is for sure! I do think it is hard to get an idea of what you like without trying on a setting. I do think it is going to be harder for you to find rings with stones your size to try on for obvious reasons. It seems like most sample settings come with 1 ct. simulants in them, so it is really hard to picture. I was fairly fortunate to be able to see the setting I wanted with a head sized for a 1.5 ct. stone. I really want to take a trip to NYC, but I think it makes more sense for me to go when I have the credit to spend at GOG. But maybe you'll be ready to go again by then!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results