shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally!!! Setting my zircon!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the input Chrono. I don't want to say what I think just yet so I'll leave it for other people to chime in first!

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Deia, how wide is your zircon again? I like the rounded shank, but I agree that the bezel looks a little thick right now. I do think it has a little more of the "swoop" than your first inspiration pics - are you pleased with that?

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi Cellentani, the zircon is 8mm, so quite large.

About the "swoop", I do like it, the ring still looks fluid to me and doesn't have that "futuristic" vibe which I thought the inspiration ring did, if that makes sense.

What do you think?

cellentani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2010 9:26:44 AM
Author: Deia
Hi Cellentani, the zircon is 8mm, so quite large.

About the ''swoop'', I do like it, the ring still looks fluid to me and doesn''t have that ''futuristic'' vibe which I thought the inspiration ring did, if that makes sense.

What do you think?
To my eye, the swoop is just about right - any more, and you''d start getting that "flying saucer coming in for a landing" look. And I do like it better than the first inspiration pic you posted (completely understand the futuristic vibe!).

I have only bezel-set one stone (and now wish I hadn''t), so I''m probably not the best person to ask, lol. I do like bezels that are thinner, and as long as yours ends up that way, I think you''ll have a very classic, elegant ring that will not compete with the stone.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Well, ok I'm not goood at waiting games (even those imposed by me
3.gif
) So I'll just say that I agree with you and Chrono. The bezel does need some shaving down... but other than that I am extremely happy with it, I think it will look great. I wanted a ring that would look simple, modern yet classic, and wouldn't take away from the stone and it's beautiful cut, and I think this setting will achieve that...just needs a thinner bezel
1.gif

So far my first experience having a custom made ring has also been great, so all in all I'm really happy.

Keep the opinions coming, they are very helpful!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results