shape
carat
color
clarity

FINALLY! Pics of my H&A loose stones and my first handshots :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

misskiss

Rough_Rock
They''re here! We picked up the loose stones for my five stone engagement ring after work on Friday (we had James Allen ship them to a FedEx location). My sweet boyfriend let me play with them and take pictures over the weekend. We had a lot of fun taking these, they sparkle like all get out! Please excuse the unmanicured hands. My ring size is a 5.25.

We dropped them off at the jeweler yesterday to have them set. I''m already having separation anxiety
7.gif
The setting should be done in a few weeks and then I''ll have some real handshots. In the meantime, feast your eyes on these pretties!

They''re all .42 carat AGS 0 H&A ideal cut, four of them are F color and one is G. Four of them are VS2 clarity and one is VS1. Here''s the link to my thread with the detailed specs on each diamond: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/we-picked-out-the-stones.71003/

DSC00998.jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are beautiful. How long is a few weeks? Before Christmas?

misskiss

Rough_Rock
more, sorry this is going to take a while to post them all

DSC01016.jpg

misskiss

Rough_Rock
and here are a couple for size

DSC01011.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Cool--who is setting them?

cheers--Sharon

misskiss

Rough_Rock
Definitely before Christmas, hopefully in time for our three-year anniversary on Nov. 29. I''m counting down the days!

misskiss

Rough_Rock
I''m having them set at Jan Dee Jewelery in Chicago. I''m very particular about the setting, and wanted to make sure I could work with someone in person to get exactly what I want.

It''s being set in palladium, shared prong setting, open basket gallery. The band is going to be an even 3 mm all around, no tapering. The edges of the band will be rounded and it will be comfort fit. When it''s all said and done, it should look just like the picture in my avatar!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/4/2007 11:05:42 AM
Author: misskiss
I''m having them set at Jan Dee Jewelery in Chicago. I''m very particular about the setting, and wanted to make sure I could work with someone in person to get exactly what I want.

It''s being set in palladium, shared prong setting, open basket gallery. The band is going to be an even 3 mm all around, no tapering. The edges of the band will be rounded and it will be comfort fit. When it''s all said and done, it should look just like the picture in my avatar!
HI:

Sounds fab! It will look stunning alone or with an ER!

cheers--Sharon

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful! I loved playing w/my loose stone!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fabulous set of diamonds! They''re so bright and white when contrasted in your hand shots!

Can''t wait to see them set into a ring.
1.gif

Raspberry

Rough_Rock
So sparkly! They will make an amazing engagement ring!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Beautiful stones, drool
3.gif
. I can''t wait to see the finished product! What type of five stone setting are you planning on getting, open gallery, closed, u shaped, bezel, etc?

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
those are gorgeous stones! can''t wait to see the finished product. Are these for your wedding band?

misskiss

Rough_Rock
Thanks, kcoursolle, your five stone is definitely one of my favorites!

I decided on the open basket setting, just like the one my avatar. I was inspired by a five stone band I tried on at Tiffany - such a classic, timeless design. But we didn''t want to pay the Tiffany price tag and we wanted to pick our own stones. I''m glad we did, b/c it was so fun to play with them loose!

I''ll wear this ring as my engagement ring and then I''ll get a 4 mm palladium wedding band to wear with it. I also like the look of two 2 mm bands with it, one on each side.

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
How fun, that you get to play with them. I really love the hand shots, especially the 7th picture. The stones are so pretty. And that is my sweet spot.....F-G and VS1-VS2. Are you planning wearing a band with it? You must come back and post more pics when your beautiful ring is done.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
i don''t think i would be able to give them up once i had them in my hands! i can''t wait to see your finished ring!

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!! Those are some beauties! Your ring is gonna be huge! Can''t wait to see the final piece.

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Those are gorgeous! Can''t wait to see it finished!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great pics!! Can''t wait to see it once it''s finished. Love your attention to detail, it''s going to be a stunner!!!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
MISSkISS,
CONGRATES on your new diamonds!I bet the anticipation of getting this ring made is huge...and the size and quality of each diamond...very impressive!I have a .46 VVS2-G round brilliant set in a yellow gold shadow box style ring and i had a hard time giving the one stone up over night to be set, so i bet you are really anxious to get these five beauties back home and on your finger!!!PLEASE send pictures as soon as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results