shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got some decent shots of my colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 8:49:23 AM
Author: Chrono
Unfortunately, modifiers like brown still bother me in coloured diamonds. I’d rather a pale pastel of pure hue than something strongly coloured but with a modifier. Oh...my taste in coloured diamonds will never allow me to buy any.
39.gif
Is that a black inclusion that is winking at me?
25.gif

23.gif
I didn''t even notice that...Chrono, you party pooper!!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 9:12:44 AM
Author: stepcutnut
I''ve been drooling over this little guy for awhile now! Alas, I do not have $12,500 to spend on a .22ct stone
7.gif

Wow!! I love that color!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
30.gif

Date: 11/11/2009 10:06:13 AM
Author: platinumrock
I would love to own this in 4 cts, surrounded by a 22K YG Halo. Maybe even 22K RG?

1502391nml1gf6xx4.gif

Off to get some lotto tickets...
27.gif

GOODness!!! That one is lovely!!! It''s so pretty, like a yellowish/orangie goodness!!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2009 12:11:39 PM
Author: mochi

I love the cut of that one. Have to confess, I do have a chocolate marquise pendant on layaway. Does that count as a colored diamond??
21.gif
It sure does!!

BWise

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely collection!!!

I am off for lottery too - for this baby!
3.gif

ETA: here is the link in case someone has $75K to spare.

2873_di_image_16904.jpg

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey TL- beautiful Pictures of your diamonds
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Yingh, call me crazy but I''m not impressed by that blue one at all. I''ve seen many stones that "got me" much more than that one (Icekid''s spinel, some aquas seen around here etc.), and eventhough it''s super rare I''d find better ways of spending that much money.

That orangy-yellow on the other hand...
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 12:13:22 PM
Author: mochi

Date: 11/11/2009 8:49:23 AM
Unfortunately, modifiers like brown still bother me in coloured diamonds. I’d rather a pale pastel of pure hue than something strongly coloured but with a modifier. Oh...my taste in coloured diamonds will never allow me to buy any.
39.gif
Is that a black inclusion that is winking at me?
25.gif

23.gif
I didn't even notice that...Chrono, you party pooper!!

Mochi, this can actually be a good thing. With all of the enablers on PS, we need a "disabler" like Chrono who can discourage us from making another impulse purchase. Just when we pull out our credit card and type in the 16 digit numbers, Chrono points out the booger that we missed after the intial infatuatiion.
So thank you, Chrono! We need more disablers like you.
11.gif

ETA: Yes, chocolate diamonds are colored diamonds. Do you have any pics?
31.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:20:59 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 11/11/2009 11:17:19 AM
Hey PR,
Anytime you need me to discourage you from getting any coloured diamonds, trust me to be the bearer of bad news. As to affording any intensely pure coloured diamonds, don’t forget having a Royal Saudi BF.
11.gif
Hubba hubba, look at that orangish yellow diamond!
Yes, but then again, I wouldn't want to share it with the rest of his haram. Even though having a royal Saudi BF
31.gif
sounds a lot more exciting than having Bill Gates' love child.
14.gif
Remember TL, it only takes about a minute with the lights off. And there's always selective amnesia.
31.gif
But it's sooooo worth a lifetime's worth of upgrades and mammoth-sized pure-colored diamond collection.

Oh, and if you're the Head Wife, you don't hafta share. You get first dibs.
3.gif

*Is this what crackheads tell themselves when they need their "rock" fix? Do we need an intervention?*

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mochi and PR,
No thanks needed. I’m merely waiting to enable the more expensive coloured diamonds like that gorgeous orange yellow coloured diamond.
18.gif

OMG, PR, you crack me up so badly.
26.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/11/2009 2:10:25 PM

Mochi and PR,
No thanks needed. I’m merely waiting to enable the more expensive coloured diamonds like that gorgeous orange yellow coloured diamond.
18.gif

26.gif
OMG, I know, I don't think I've laughed this hard since the now infamous home shopping channel thread.

PR, we missed you. You need to stick around more often and inject your great sense of humor here.

Chrono, should you wear a "superhero suit" with a big D on it for "The Disabler." You can team up with Amethyst guy and his big purple cape. LOL!!

ETA: Thanks for the kind words D&T and Yingh.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 2:18:44 PM

Date: 11/11/2009 2:10:25 PM

Mochi and PR,
18.gif

26.gif
OMG, I know, I don''t think I''ve laughed this hard since the now infamous home shopping channel thread.

PR, we missed you. You need to stick around more often and inject your great sense of humor here.

Chrono, should you wear a ''superhero suit'' with a big D on it for ''The Disabler.'' You can team up with Amethyst guy and his big purple cape. LOL!!

ETA: Thanks for the kind words D&T and Yingh.
TL and Chrono, you both started it!!!
9.gif
With all this "love child" and "harem" talk, there''s no way I''m missing out on all this fun!

How about this for eye candy? I''m feeling citrusy today.

Look at that lemon shape! Squeeze this over some avocado, cillantro and onions and you have guacamole!
18.gif

3085_di_image_51707.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum yum...squeeze a little lemon into the morning tea of the caped Disabler. PR, that’s a very pretty coloured diamond and I supposed quite expensive? BTW, any suggestions for my superhero outfit?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/12/2009 7:55:30 AM
Yum yum...squeeze a little lemon into the morning tea of the caped Disabler. PR, that’s a very pretty coloured diamond and I supposed quite expensive? BTW, any suggestions for my superhero outfit?
Wow, that does look like a lemon. Little radioactive thing that is!! Very bright! Love it.

PR, I have no fashion sense, since all I wear is black. What should the "Masked Disabler" wear for her superhero outfit?

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/11/2009 11:22:02 AM

Date: 11/11/2009 11:17:18 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
TL - I love the dirrection you''ve decided upon - that setting sounds like it will be lovely!!! Once again - love your pics and they always tempt me to start looking at coloured diamonds . . . until I see the prices.
3.gif

That .22 would be perfect if it was big enough to actually SEE the steps!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

But, then, you know - I''d have to sell my house and my first born to get it!
LTP, thanks!! How about an asscher brown diamond like the one above. It''s very affordable.
Temptress! You''re evil!!
11.gif

Out of curisoty; details?
27.gif

Oh, and I had a 5.55 ct. brown squasscher on at 23rd Street Jewelers last month when I was in LA, and Blueroses and I nearly came to blows over it. It. Was. Stunning.

And
22.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Introducing, the one, the only,

Chrono The Disabler

To your (buyer remorse) rescue!!!

a2b1f9adb9f300b8.jpg

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/12/2009 3:51:49 PM

Date: 11/11/2009 11:22:02 AM

Date: 11/11/2009 11:17:18 AM
TL - I love the dirrection you''ve decided upon - that setting sounds like it will be lovely!!! Once again - love your pics and they always tempt me to start looking at coloured diamonds . . . until I see the prices.
3.gif

That .22 would be perfect if it was big enough to actually SEE the steps!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

But, then, you know - I''d have to sell my house and my first born to get it!
LTP, thanks!! How about an asscher brown diamond like the one above. It''s very affordable.
Temptress! You''re evil!!
11.gif

Out of curisoty; details?
27.gif

Oh, and I had a 5.55 ct. brown squasscher on at 23rd Street Jewelers last month when I was in LA, and Blueroses and I nearly came to blows over it. It. Was. Stunning.

And
22.gif
That must have been quite a sight!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/13/2009 5:10:07 PM

Chrono The Disabler

OMG- that super hero suit is perfect. ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Chrono, you should make that your avatar - hahahahahahaha!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/13/2009 5:28:36 PM

Date: 11/13/2009 5:10:07 PM

Chrono The Disabler

OMG- that super hero suit is perfect. ROTFLMAO!!!!!

Chrono, you should make that your avatar - hahahahahahaha!
So TL, are you getting a Canon Powershot? I really think you should! Then you can take more pics of your colored diamonds!
31.gif

*peer pressure peer pressure peer pressure peer pressure*

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just bought a Nikon coolpix though!

tapio

Shiny_Rock
The coloured diamonds you have shown are very interesting. They are a small market since there are relatively few very fine coloured stones. I was looking for a green coloured diamond for two years. I wanted a really nice spring leaf green. I found many "sort of greens", sage greens, light greens, etc .all for anywhere from 30,000 to 60,000 for .44 to .92.

It wasn''t until I came across this one that I finally found what I was looking for. A bit small at 1.13 carats, but the colour was right on. These things are not inexpensive, but I am very happy.

It is GIA/Gueblin (sp) certified.

It''s a really difficult toss up between coloured stones and diamonds. Ultimately the price must come into play.

tapio

GreenAfricanDiamond2.jpg

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Second picture of green diamond. Sorry my pics are not good. A photographer I am not.

tapio

GreenAfricanDiamond.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tapio,
That''s an amazing green diamond.
30.gif

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tapio I have one exactly the same!!! Is it irradiated?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/29/2009 8:18:41 AM
Author: tapio
The coloured diamonds you have shown are very interesting. They are a small market since there are relatively few very fine coloured stones. I was looking for a green coloured diamond for two years. I wanted a really nice spring leaf green. I found many 'sort of greens', sage greens, light greens, etc .all for anywhere from 30,000 to 60,000 for .44 to .92.

It wasn't until I came across this one that I finally found what I was looking for. A bit small at 1.13 carats, but the colour was right on. These things are not inexpensive, but I am very happy.

It's a really difficult toss up between coloured stones and diamonds. Ultimately the price must come into play.

tapio
This color can also be caused by HPHT color treatment. I'm not saying Tapio's is.

I recently started a thread on this particular color a few days back in RockyTalky. Actually, a natural colored diamond that color which was GIA certified, sold for $800,000/ct.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/vivid-lime-green-diamond-treated.132391/

Taipo,
What is the color that GIA specified your stone to be?

The $800,000/ct diamond is shown in the middle and bottom of this page, and some info on HPHT treatment.

http://www.adamasgem.org/nova.html

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Picture of my greens for reference (back row):

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/29/2009 8:18:41 AM
Author: tapio
The coloured diamonds you have shown are very interesting. They are a small market since there are relatively few very fine coloured stones. I was looking for a green coloured diamond for two years. I wanted a really nice spring leaf green. I found many ''sort of greens'', sage greens, light greens, etc .all for anywhere from 30,000 to 60,000 for .44 to .92.

It wasn''t until I came across this one that I finally found what I was looking for. A bit small at 1.13 carats, but the colour was right on. These things are not inexpensive, but I am very happy.

It''s a really difficult toss up between coloured stones and diamonds. Ultimately the price must come into play.

tapio
Wow, what a gorgeous green!

I was never a fan of green in gemstones until I owned a green diamond myself. It''s not as green or saturated as yours, but modified with yellow and gray. Modifiers make it affordable for mere mortals like myself.
41.gif

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Dear tourlamine lover,

This is not an enhanced or irradiated diamond. It is completely natural and your guess at price per carat is not debatable. I do not wear it. It is not mounted. It is kept safely put away in another city/country. It''s a shame, but it is, "real-estate" in a pocket.

My other less valuable pieces I''ll wear, i.e the tie pins.

tapio

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Sorry I didn''t answer one the questions. Everything is locked away from what I remember...

Cut, Excellent
Clarity, VVS1
Colour, Vivid Yellowish Green
Treatments, none
GIA 2005

tapio

Shiny_Rock
Some blather, I apologize. Just for some help for people wondering.

I will not spend more than I''m willing to loose (which is $2,000) when it come to gems -- especially where diamonds, rubies, sapphires, and emeralds are concerned without at least a GIA certification.
They''re only $175 - $250 - and they''re worth every penny if it ever comes to resale.

tapio
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results