shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got some decent shots of my colored diamonds

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD,
Your collection is utterly amazing, and I can''t wait to see what you do with your fabulous gems. Here''s some of my greens, yellows and one 60 point greyish lilac diamond. That lilac diamond is driving me crazy because for a colored diamond, I love the color, but I can''t figure out the best way to set it. I''m afraid white gold will wash it out, yellow will do nothing, and rose gold will be too coppery. It has a distinct purple/lilac shade, not really pink and the rose gold might not enhance it as a result. The very olive green one in the middle has nice color, and the one below it is yellow, but can go a bit greener in certain lighting. Both of those are around 40 points each.

TLgreensandpinksrbcs1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another in indirect diffused sunlight.

TLgreensandpinksrbcs2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's my best photo attempt at the sage green 1.5 carat. I think the metallic luster that comes across on this gem is amazing. This needs to be seen in person to be best appreciated. I'm getting this LOGR in rose gold for the stone. This stone is also very clean, sparkles like crazy, and I love the cutting on it. In a regular colored gem, I would not want this color, but in a diamond, it's unique and fascinating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220502938220&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

TLsagegreen1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The above stones in hallogens.

TLgreensandpinksroundsincandescent.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL, those are gorgeous. I love the color of them.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
TL - I love your collection. The lilac/grey is a difficult one isn't it? It looks almost steel grey in one of the photos. Have you tried putting it next to different colour golds to see what it does?

I love the bottom two - especially the bottom one because I'm odd and love the inner ring of yellow! They all look very well cut and I adore the LOGR setting for the middle one. Mmmmmmm. Can't wait to see that set (although you know me, rose gold????? nah!).

I have a feeling we are gem twins!

Thank you for sharing. xxx

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda and LD.

LD,
I tried putting the lilac next to other stones, and I really think it needs to be on it''s own.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, beautiful stones TL. Have you given any thoughts to setting the lilac one in platinum?

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Very interesting. I''ve never seen diamonds in those colours before.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 2:38:46 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Here''s my best photo attempt at the sage green 1.5 carat. I think the metallic luster that comes across on this gem is amazing. This needs to be seen in person to be best appreciated. I''m getting this LOGR in rose gold for the stone. This stone is also very clean, sparkles like crazy, and I love the cutting on it. In a regular colored gem, I would not want this color, but in a diamond, it''s unique and fascinating.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220502938220&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

TL, what a beautiful photo of your 1.5 sage green!!!
30.gif
22.gif
30.gif

It really shows off the cut and symmetry. Is it me or do I see chunky arrows??? Your stone is also really well-cut for a colored diamond.
36.gif

I bet this sucker sparkles like crazy in real life!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 2:55:13 PM
The above stones in hallogens.
I'll take the lilac and light yellow-green please!!!

Mmmmmmm......colored diamonds.....
18.gif

ETA: TL and LD, what carat sizes are your cleftless heart orange diamonds?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty TL! How many colors of gold are there, besides white/yellow/rose? Would green gold be weird? Or a 2 tone maybe?

bookworm240

Shiny_Rock
Love the metalic...can''t wait to see it on your hand!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the lilac diamond the best. Have you placed it next to your other rose gold setting? It''s still too "strong" for the stone?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 6:57:52 PM
Author: Chrono
I like the lilac diamond the best. Have you placed it next to your other rose gold setting? It''s still too ''strong'' for the stone?
Chrono,
Here it is in an old photo. I do think the gold is too coppery and overpowering for the stone.

TLpinkroseLOGR.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 4:39:34 PM
Author: AustenNut
Wow, beautiful stones TL. Have you given any thoughts to setting the lilac one in platinum?
Thank you AustenNut,
I don''t think there would be much of a difference between setting it in platinum or white gold as far as the color is concerned.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 5:50:38 PM
Author: packrat
So pretty TL! How many colors of gold are there, besides white/yellow/rose? Would green gold be weird? Or a 2 tone maybe?
Thanks Packrat,
There is purple gold, but I don''t know anyone who can get it or if it can even be used for a project like this, but it would be perfect.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 5:22:40 PM
Author: platinumrock

Date: 11/8/2009 2:38:46 PM
Here''s my best photo attempt at the sage green 1.5 carat. I think the metallic luster that comes across on this gem is amazing. This needs to be seen in person to be best appreciated. I''m getting this LOGR in rose gold for the stone. This stone is also very clean, sparkles like crazy, and I love the cutting on it. In a regular colored gem, I would not want this color, but in a diamond, it''s unique and fascinating.

TL, what a beautiful photo of your 1.5 sage green!!!
30.gif
22.gif
30.gif

It really shows off the cut and symmetry. Is it me or do I see chunky arrows??? Your stone is also really well-cut for a colored diamond.
36.gif

I bet this sucker sparkles like crazy in real life!
Thank you PR,
It is well cut and a real sparkler. It''s one of those stones where a photograph cannot really capture the color and personality of this gem.

BTW, my cleftless orange heart is around 80 points.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are absolutely right about rose gold. How gray does it appear in a white metal?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 6:54:26 PM
Author: bookworm240
Love the metalic...can''t wait to see it on your hand!!
I can''t wait either!! Thank you!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 7:57:55 PM
You are absolutely right about rose gold. How gray does it appear in a white metal?
I have to get some shots. I think it gets washed out in white metal.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow then? You are running out of options.
26.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yellow doesn''t do much for lilac.
14.gif

I know, I''m running out of options because there aren''t many. LOL!!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call me crazy but how about green gold? I know it's out there and might provide a nice contrast with the pale pink. Purple gold will be perfect but last I heard, there are issues with it?

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Purple gold really? How cool! Could you contact a jeweler about it or something? Dang, it just sounds so perfect!

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/8/2009 8:05:54 PM
14.gif

What if you surround the diamond with a pink diamond/colored stone halo? But in white metal, so it doesn''t overwhelm the delicate lilac hue.

Here''s an example. Just pretend the center stone is your round lilac.

11337j.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 8:09:12 PM
Call me crazy but how about green gold? I know it's out there and might provide a nice contrast with the pale pink. Purple gold will be perfect but last I heard, there are issues with it?
It's impossible to get, and I don't trust my jeweler with it, even if he could get it.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 11/8/2009 8:16:15 PM
Author: platinumrock

Date: 11/8/2009 8:05:54 PM
14.gif

What if you surround the diamond with a pink diamond/colored stone halo? But in white metal, so it doesn''t overwhelm the delicate lilac hue.

Here''s an example. Just pretend the center stone is your round lilac.
Too cost prohibitive right now to find pink diamond halo, and I don''t want be-treated pink sapphires (ick!!).

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
What a pretty collection!

I think that your lilac diamond would look fabulous in 18kt RG(I prefer it to 14kt alloys 9 times our of 10) with a WG shank with high white diamonds, that way you will see the fabulous contrast, I think if it is set in all WG it will be really washed out!!!

Purple gold was mentioned, it is VERY brittle!

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/9/2009 8:37:29 AM
Author: stepcutnut
What a pretty collection!

I think that your lilac diamond would look fabulous in 18kt RG(I prefer it to 14kt alloys 9 times our of 10) with a WG shank with high white diamonds, that way you will see the fabulous contrast, I think if it is set in all WG it will be really washed out!!!

Purple gold was mentioned, it is VERY brittle!
I second the rose gold with a white gold shank.
30.gif
Beautiful stones TL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results