shape
carat
color
clarity

Finally got my rings, so here are some pix, more to come...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I was the girl who posted about feeling self conscious of one''s rings. I haven''t taken a whole lot of pix yet, but I thought you guys might enjoy these. The first pic is of the smaller, more modest setting and ring with the larger ones following:

wso6py.jpg

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
Here''s a pic of the big honker (4.25 cts. round brilliant), don''t know all the specs because this was fiance''s rock that was acquired prior to meeting him:

wsocw8.jpg

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
wsp6hs.jpg

Sorry the pic quality isn''t so great. We never take pictures of jewelry. I will try to get more pics of the smaller setting because it really is beautiful, I do love the big one, but I know that I won''t be wearing it every day. I feel odd not being dressed a little nicer when wearing it. If I take more pics this week, I will post them.

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I almost forgot... the other details. My ring size is 5 1/2. Both settings are platinum. The larger rock is about 4.25 cts. It is a round brilliant. All I know is that my fiance''s diamond cutter friends did not want to cut it, as they considered it "investment grade." The band on both settings is hand engraved.

The smaller rock is: 1.21 ct. round brilliant. VS2, G. I posted the rest of the specs earlier. It is surrounded by 12 tiny bead set round brilliant diamonds that are VS, F-G.

The hand engraved wedding band doesn''t have any stones, and it sits flush against both of the rings. It is getting dark here, but hopefully I can get some more pictures this week. Thanks for all of your help. I''m really happy so far.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!
30.gif
Congrats!

cheers--Sharon

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
36.gif
Oh honey, get over the self consious thing and wear that big rock all the time!
41.gif
I would LOVE to have one stone that is 4.25. I do understand how you feel though because there are times I worry about wearing mine in some places and my center is only 2.10. Either way both the rings are beautiful.
30.gif
Enjoy them and your fiance!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love them both--but wear the 4+ everywhere all the time!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! What a wonderful problem to have! Beautiful settings on both!

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
do i see fluorescence in the big one?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
too blurry
7.gif
try to get some better shots.
36.gif

moon river

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~The rings are beautiful!! I would love to see more pics!!!
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree! I think the biggie looks great on your hand. My thoughts, maybe set the other one (smaller) in a pendant someday, when you are adjusted to wearing the bigger, or match it to make gorgeous studs!! (I am nothing if not inventive...)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
they both look great, curious at the specs on the 2nd one/larger stone because the table looks really large aka more than 60%....wondering if it was cut to be more shallow to get more spread or something. since you mention your bf actually went and had it cut i'd love to know more about the cut particulars and how he arrived at the plan etc. gotta give the diamond crazies more info!

i know this is sacrilege and maybe it's just the pictures, but the first, smaller one to me looks better on your hand. which as a size whore i am surrpised to say!! but both are beautiful. please post more pictures!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
does the 4.25ct have a lab report.? what are the measurements?
20.gif

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They''re both beautiful! The 1.2 carat is soooooo elegant and I love the exquisite setting. I can''t tell much about the larger one (pics too blurry) except that it is large and seems quite lovely! I, too, would love to see specs (table/depth percentages, crown/pavilion angles, etc) on both your diamonds!

Congrats on having two such wonderful beauties!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please, we would love to have more specs on the larger stone! I love it!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Two diamond rings YIKES!!!!

Lucky girl.....give us more pictures please
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto specs on the larger stone and more pics please! Congrats!
36.gif

Swedeabroad

Rough_Rock
The small e-ring is beautiful and looks perfect on your hand
1.gif
I would love to see more pictures of the big honker
31.gif

brneyedgrl

Shiny_Rock
I will post more pics today. My fiance agreed that these ones are too blurry and don''t do the rings justice. The slightly better pictures seem to be the ones that he takes from a distance. I want to take some out in sunlight too.

As for the large stone, it is a graded diamond. From what I understand, his diamond cutter friend did not want to cut it because he thought that the diamond was too great of quality to be in jewelry (whatever that means). He did not have reservations about its physical qualities (in terms of angles, depth, etc). I know that my fiance does have a report on it somewhere in his place, and I''ll look around to get you guys the specs. He is not a big diamond man himself, but for diamonds, he is smart enough to not go to a mall store and to ask around for more reputable sources. The diamond was actually cut in West LA, Santa Monica, I believe. He has a rabbi friend who he went to college with who has familial connections in the jewelry business.

Mara, interesting that you say that the smaller stone looks better. I actually agree. I guess it is because I have never worn something so big. Also my nails need a manicure big time. I feel that I could not wear that big one without at least having some clear polish on the nails, and of course, my cuticles need some moisturizer.

Keep your eyes out for more pics today.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
9.gif

OK, here are a few tips from a total photgrapic rookie:

I don''t use macro (of course I have never bothered to read the manual, either)

I just take pictures using the AUTO setting, at a distance of 2-3 feet.
Then, you can use a variety of software programs to crop the photo.
Usually that also reduces the size down to under 100k to make for wasy uploading.

For the hands, I swear by Sally Hansen 5 Minute Manicure to keep my hands looking OK between manicures.

I LOVE your 1.21 G!
Well, maybe I am biased (I have a 1.20 G, too)

And I think it is just genius to have 2 rings so you can always wear a situation-appropriate size. You WILL get used to that honker!
And I daresay you''ll have fun doing so!
congrats on your engagement !!!!
21.gif

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Your rings are both just gorgeous, but I love the way the smaller one looks on your hand in that first picture.

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
While I love them both...I wouldn''t take the honker off...EVER!!!! Congrats!!! More pics please ((pleading))

AndyRosse

Ideal_Rock
Wow, love them both!!!

Can''t wait for more pics!!!!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
I love the smaller stone, too. :) It''s very very pretty on your hand!

May I ask what your ring size is?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
your rings are lovely

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are both are lovly and how fun to have 2 to choose from depending on your mood and activities for the day
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results